PDA

View Full Version : I am so frusturated right now!

*LabLoverKEB*
05-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Arghhhh! :mad:
As a few of you know, I am trying to loose weight. (About 20+ pounds) And I'd LIKE to loose all of this weight, before the end of summer.... so I can get a lot of new clothes, and a bathing suit. My parents are really supporting me on this one... if I loose weight, I get 500$ for new clothes... and I can't wait...I need to loose weight, NOW!
Any suggestions would be greatley appreciated!

GoldenLuv
05-07-2006, 11:40 AM
just eat the foods and smaller amounts and watch the carbs do lot's of walking

sammy101
05-07-2006, 11:55 AM
I want to do the same thing.My parents said they'll get me a new wardrobe.Eat in smaller portions and exercise.I work out at the YMCA and it helps me out alot.

racing_gurl07
05-07-2006, 12:19 PM
what i do...this might seem like alot...but eat about every 4-6 hours, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and heathly snacks during the day. But in little poritions of course. I lost 5 pounds in a week buy NOT drinking and soda or eating any sugar or any candy. I wish you luck!!

*LabLoverKEB*
05-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Aww thanks guys... I was soooo upset this morning, I wanted to cry! :(
Keep the advice comin'!
Thanks...

buckner
05-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Why were you upset this morning? :(

For a healthy weight loss, just cut back and exercise. Recognize how many calories you're eating right now, first. Then, cut down to 1200-1400 calories a day. I actually dieted with much less than that, but I don't suggest it. I was approved by my doctor, and I was never going to bed hungry or anything.

So cut down your caloric intake by eating more fruits and veggies, less fat, leaner meat, less refined carbohydrates, etc. If you want bread, eat low-calorie whole wheat bread. If you want a baked potato, eat it plain or with a tiny bit of low-cal/fat margarine. Cut corners where you can. I'm actually allergic to dairy products, so staying away from most of the fatty toppings was easy for me. :)

Drink LOTS of water. Stay away from tons of sodium, but you do need some. And you need fat too. Get your fat by eating nuts or olive oil, eat it the healthy way. :)

Be sure to stay healthy, so make sure you take a multi-vitamin! If you're a vegetarian (I am, but I eat fish, so it wasn't as bad or hard) make sure you get your protein somehow.

Exercise is key! Find something you love to do - running, biking, taking your dog for a walk, whatever it is. Maybe you like aerobics, or dancing. Find something you like to do, and stick to it. You may learn you like doing something you never thought you did, and that's fine. If you have access to a pool, I'd suggest swimming laps - that's one of the best exercises out there, in my opinion.

There is no healthy "quick fix" to losing weight. If it comes off easily, you'll put it back on even easier. So, take it slow. You should lose about 1-2 pounds a week, and that's normal. Don't let your day concentrate around food. If you think you're hungry, drink a glass of water and wait a few minutes. If you're still hungry, eat a snack. Keep your snacks healthy - yogurt and fruit, or some carrots and celery. Find something you enjoy and that is relatively low in calories.

Make sure to eat 4-5 times a day. Get into the habit of eating something for breakfast, and don't eat past 8-9pm, depending on when you usually go to bed. That way, you will be hungry for breakfast, which is what you want. Have breakfast, a snack, lunch, a snack, and dinner.. and sometimes, even a snack after that. Depending on how much you eat at each meal, you'll eat more often than you're used to. Cut back on quantity! That's another big key thing. You want your stomach to shrink in size, so cutting back is more than just cutting back on what kind of food it is.

I wish you the best of luck! A new wardrobe is always fun and exciting! :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I'll give you my best advice, along with personal experience. I lost 91lbs.. it was from August 8, 2005 until March 11, 2006. Quite a bit of weight, achieved in about 7 months. But like I said, I was under doctor approval and everything, and I did it the right and healthy way. I've had healthy habits for a long time, but I got to the point that eating was the only thing that made me happy, so that's what I did. Once my attitude changed, my healthy habits resurfaced. It wasn't really a "struggle" with my self-control - just a struggle with having the right foods around when I was hungry. :)

critter crazy
05-07-2006, 02:46 PM
well i wanted to loose 40lbs by july and so far i have lost 21!! the only things i have done so far is cut down the size of my meals, watch my carbs, as well as trans fat, and excersize! My biggest accomplishment was cutting out the soda!! just by doing that, the weight has just poured off! Now i drink 4c iced tea mixes which have no calories or carbs and tastes great!!(of course i was drinking at least a 12 pack of soda a day!! so a huge change!!) Just be confident and you will do it!!!:D

Catty1
05-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Eat, breathe, and move.

Up your protein, use whole grains and up the veggies and fruits.

I have kept 20 lbs off for over 2 years with a nutrition program. People have lost over 200 pounds on it also.

US: www.herbalife.com
Canada: www.herbalife.com/ca

Click on Products and have a look.

The key is to accept being uncomfortable until new changes become permanent.

If you have an eating addiction, check out support groups and counselling. Usually the addictive foods are junk food.

Good luck!

Catty1

*LabLoverKEB*
05-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Sorry I could't reply faster...
Anyway.. I was upset that morning about how fat I looked in the mirror. :( :(
Thanks you all SOOO much for all of your helpful advice...
Sarah