PDA

View Full Version : New fish again

IRescue452
05-06-2006, 09:33 PM
I got a male comet for my birthday. He's got the recessive calico gene like chilli's fantail. He's about 5 inches so hopefully that's a good sign that he's survived to adulthood with the defect. He has red streaks in his fins so he's being treated for septicemia.
I lost two stores in my list of stores I will shop in. Petsuppliesplus continues to have horrible care in their new pet section and just pets got a new manager who doesn't know a thing about fish. He really talked down to me today too and didn't say a thing when I mentioned the fish having red streaks right in front of him. Had I not known anything about fish I sure wouldn't have been informed to treat it. And this was one of my favorite stores.

chocolatepuppy
05-07-2006, 05:13 AM
Congrats on your new fish. I hope he does well. I too, am shocked by some of the people working in our petstores! I know more than some of them do, and I don't know that much! ;) The last time I bought a fish in Petsmart the girl told me she put a male and female betta together and they didn't get along, so she had to separate them! :eek: I didn't say a word. :rolleyes:

Chilli
05-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Congradulations on your new fish! :D
Too bad those two petstores you mentioned aren't worth anything. Its the same way with ALL the petstores around here with the exception of two.

Zippy
05-07-2006, 12:28 PM
congrats on your new fish have you named him/her yet?

IRescue452
05-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Nope, I need names for three girls and the boy yet. If you've got suggestions...

Zippy
05-08-2006, 09:42 AM
How about S.O.S.(I love that name for a fish),Treasure,Sandbar,Surf,Riptide,Waves,or Noah?