PDA

View Full Version : I've got good news and bad news. UPDATE 3

Sevaede
05-06-2006, 05:42 PM
The good news is that Mama Cat has finally brought her kittens out of hiding and there are more than previously thought.

The bad news is I only know where one of them is. I don't know where the rest are or Mama Cat is. The really bad news? This kitten is stuck in the front of the car, you know where the motor and junk are, and he doesn't want to come out and is scared. So, I've left some food out and hopefully he will wander on down to the barn. Maybe Mama and babies will come out soon.

Also, I am pretty sure that the orange cat that Father in law killed is the one that fathered this litter. This stuck kitty is the fourth from this litter that I've seen. He has reaaally long fur and (my favourite physical feature on him) a little manx nub! Oh, he's a solid, pretty, grey colour with a grey nose and grey (or blue, I can't get that far under a Buick Park Avenue).

EDIT: I guess the kitten is *not* one of Mamas babies as I had discussed it with the father in law when he arrived at the house.

I spent a few hours out there with the little boy (I think). He reminds me of a lion with his tufts of fur framing his face. I've dubbed him Lion Boy. :D Oh, I got a closer look of his face and he has grey eyes! The baby doesn't look any more than six weeks old, at most. But, he is super scared. He acts like he wants attention so he will run almost all the way up to you, stop, and run back and hide in the car. I gave him some milk and Royal Canin and he chowed down. He also took it upon himself to eat some hamster food that I had thrown out for the birds. He ran right up to me when I was holding Soni on my lap outside. He is still under the car right now but I figure he may go into the open carrier that I left outside. So, if I can get a hold of him I think I will quarantine him to one of the bathrooms until Monday and then I'll call around to all the vets and whatnot. :) I'll update later.

UPDATE 2: I have the kitten inside now. His refusal to leave the comfort of the towel in which he is curled and laying on my stomach is quite endearing. There was a bit of hissing but I think I won him over by giving him scritchies under the chin. I sat outside since my last update to do it, and my hands and legs hurt from being on the ground so much, but it was worth it. He is purring but the hole in which he has burrowed is dark so I am not sure if he is asleep yet. Also, I am not sure if it is a he still. He has a cream stripe up his nose and between his eyes. His nose is, in fact, pink AND grey, and I think his eyes a pale green. He looks healthy. Sitting on the cement in pouring rain for an hour or so has done nothing for my hands as it hurts, a little, to type. I hope I can keep Lion Boy. :) (His area has since been relocated to my closet.) I'll talk more later. :) Oh! I almost forgot to mention this little bit of cuteness: While I was petting LB, he gently grabbed a finger and gave it a very soft bite as he stared in my eyes.

UPDATE 3: He is actually a she. Right now she doesn't want me to leave her. Very clingy. She wants Soni and Isis to be friends but they are a little less willing. ;) I'll call her Tiger Lily until I can find her home.

Laura's Babies
05-06-2006, 05:53 PM
I HOPE it is a broke down car and baby has no chance of getting killed when the car is started? Keep watching and you will find where Mamma has the rest of them hidden and keep that food out so he will have something to eat. He sounds adorable!!!!

momcat
05-06-2006, 05:56 PM
There are so many places where mommy cat could be keeping her babies where she believes they're safe and she can care for them. I feel so bad about the poor little guy stuck in the car and hope nobody needs to drive somewhere with it, at least until the baby is safely removed. I'm wondering if mommy cat is looking for him when nobody's around.

catmandu
05-06-2006, 06:53 PM
We are praying that you can get that Mom Cat to trust you,and bring her Kittens out.
And The Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad is there to lure that Kitty out of the Car.

Sevaede
05-06-2006, 10:13 PM
I HOPE it is a broke down car and baby has no chance of getting killed when the car is started? Keep watching and you will find where Mamma has the rest of them hidden and keep that food out so he will have something to eat. He sounds adorable!!!!

Luckily the driver is out of town for a few days. I've got everyone else informed of the situation so nobody will be driving that car until I can help him out of there. I know where she's been hiding them but she brings them up after a while and I was wondering where they could be. But now that I learned its not one of hers (FIL brought her up and she couldn't have cared less about the mewing.) I figure she may just not be ready for everyone else to see them yet. Maybe he IS one of hers and she abandoned him?

Sevaede
05-06-2006, 10:17 PM
There are so many places where mommy cat could be keeping her babies where she believes they're safe and she can care for them. I feel so bad about the poor little guy stuck in the car and hope nobody needs to drive somewhere with it, at least until the baby is safely removed. I'm wondering if mommy cat is looking for him when nobody's around.

Funny enough, she trusts me to know where her babies are but not her "human" "dad" (I put each in their own quotes because human, regarding him, is a questionable phrase.). He brought Mama Cat up and set her down by the car and she didn't seem to care that the little baby was mewing. She just wandered on back towards the barn.

Sevaede
05-06-2006, 10:19 PM
We are praying that you can get that Mom Cat to trust you,and bring her Kittens out.
And The Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad is there to lure that Kitty out of the Car.

I have since learned that it is probably not one of hers. So, I wonder when she will be bringing them up (they are about four weeks old now).

I've got a comfy little kitty bed up here for him if he wants it!

rg_girlca
05-06-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm glad to hear that he came out from the car to eat and that you are able to get him in the carrier soon. He sounds adorable. Maybe he will be the kitty you've been wanting to get. :)

What's going to happen with mama and her babies? By that, I mean are you going to try and find homes for them.

Sevaede
05-06-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm glad to hear that he came out from the car to eat and that you are able to get him in the carrier soon. He sounds adorable. Maybe he will be the kitty you've been wanting to get. :)

What's going to happen with mama and her babies? By that, I mean are you going to try and find homes for them.

Well, Mama and the babies are my father in laws cats so I can't do much for them. They are barn cats but I've been able to handle them on every encounter thus far. So perhaps I'll be able to home the kittens. I am hoping to talk him into getting her spayed. I may just have to get one of the vouchers and get it done myself. ;) (I was hoping to adopt her but I've since reconsidered)

Sevaede
05-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Hi everyone- I am new here and would like to post pics of the kittens I am fostering. Can someone please tell me how to post pics? Thank you

Put them on an image hosting site (http://www.photobucket.com is one). Oh, make sure that they are not unnecessarily large (so big that they stretch the page). Start a new thread and post the IMG links in it. :)

Laura's Babies
05-07-2006, 09:00 AM
You have that baby now?

Sevaede
05-07-2006, 12:44 PM
You have that baby now?

Yep. :)

RedHedd
05-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Congratulations! That baby sounds SO sweet! May we have pics, please? ;)

Sevaede
05-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Congratulations! That baby sounds SO sweet! May we have pics, please? ;)

As soon as I obtain a camera! :D

catmandu
05-07-2006, 08:18 PM
We are so Pleased that the Kittens now in Your Home where a Good Furr Ever Homes there for taht Little One.
We are MEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOWINg for 1

catmandu
05-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Very Lucky Kitten.We Pray that You can help the Momma Cat and her Babies.