PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Derby?

Zippy
05-06-2006, 02:28 PM
I can't wait to watch it.fingers crossed there will be a triple crown winner this year

shihtzulover850
05-06-2006, 02:56 PM
I've never actually watched it. I think I will today though :D I love horses. Have you seen the movie Dreamer cause it is awesome. If not you should so see it!! :D

critter crazy
05-06-2006, 03:03 PM
I am watching!! Pussycat doll just won the first race!! he he he!! kind of cool, huh PT'ers!!!!:D

buckner
05-06-2006, 03:07 PM
The Derby is one of the biggest events in town! :) Of course, I live in Louisville, so that's an obvious statement. Everything that leads up to Derby, including Thunder, the parade, the boat races, Oaks, EVERYTHING is exciting.

I went to the Oaks (run for the lillies) yesterday with my dad, and we stayed in the infield. If we had tickets, we would've loved them.. but alas, we're not that rich nor do we have connections to get us up there. ;) So infield it was! We did it last year too, and had a blast. If we had won anything (lol, we can pick the horses who will NOT win!) yesterday, we would've gone back today, but that didn't work out.

I've been flipping back and forth from the Derby channels and TLC/foodTV all day long. It's fun to see all of the people, the hats, and other things happening out there.. I can't NOT watch it! :)

We've got money on several of the horses (we being my mom, my dad, and myself) soooo... hopefully we'll win something! :D

Zippy
05-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Oh I can't wait. :)

Zippy
05-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Barbaro next triple crown champion*crossing fingers*

Suki Wingy
05-07-2006, 02:17 AM
I was at work but watched it on www.kentuckyderby.com :)
I bought a 6 hour tape to tape it and the races leading up to it but forgot to ask my mom to tape! I LOVE thoroughbreds and I LOVE racing! I go to Arlington Park just to stand in awe of them. :D