PDA

View Full Version : *URGENT* Anyone near Fulton Kansas/Fort Scott area?

QueenScoopalot
05-06-2006, 01:01 PM
I heard thru the ever active grapevine that there's a disabled Korean war vet that has an abandoned mom cat & 3-4 two week old kittens in the basement of his farm. He put the place up for sale due to failing health, and has run out of resourses to take the cat & babies. The farm sold far quicker than he anticipated, and he's moving next week! :eek: Does anyone here know of any safe havens around that area for the cat & her kittens to go at least for now? Kansas is a weeee bit far from Mass. where I am, but if anyone can help I have the man's contact info, address & phone # (PM me if you can help, or know someone who can) And put on your thinking caps as it would be tragic for this mama to be taken to a kill shelter or worse. :(

Laura's Babies
05-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Don't we have anyone in Kansas?

slick
05-06-2006, 02:42 PM
MOFF is right near there. I wonder if she knows anyone who can take them.

Catty1
05-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Here is a link to PT contact info for MOFF

http://petoftheday.com/talk/member.php?find=lastposter&t=8459

catmandu
05-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Again sadly in Canada,all we can offer is our Prayers.
We hope taht someone can help this Warrior and His Cats.

QueenScoopalot
05-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Here is a link to PT contact info for MOFF

http://petoftheday.com/talk/member.php?find=lastposter&t=8459
Thanks..I PMd her and hope she can help in some way. ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Sorry, everyone but my health is so bad I have not been able to drive out of town for years. I'm disabled myself. I don't even know how to get to Fulton.

I don't have any contacts any more. Since becoming disabled my "friends" have disappeared. :(

I can not take them as I have a full house. I was trying to help a very sick kitty myself who, sadly had to be put down on April 26 because he had advanced hiv. :(

Perhaps the people who bought the farm will take them in. Cats are usually very welcome on farms here.

Sorry to let you all down. :(
If I think of anything, I'll let you know.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-08-2006, 06:58 AM
Ok! I've been up most of the night worrying about the kitties.

Here is my best suggestion:

Our local radio station has a program called Trading post, where people offer things they want to buy, sell, trade, or give away. It airs Tues, Wed, Thurs and Sat at 8 am central time.

If someone who has access to the kitties could contact them, they may be able to put it on the air. They will need to give them a contact phone number. Lots of people listen to those shows maybe someone will know someone who can help. At the very least, maybe someone at the radio station would have some suggestions.

I've used the Trading Post before. They read the info two days so it will reach more people.

Here is their phone # 620-223-4500 (call after 9 am central time)
and their fax # 620-223-5662

They had an email address but I can't find it.
If faxing the info, put Trading Post in the header.
I'm not sure they do animals but it's sure worth a try.
(fingers crossed)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-08-2006, 03:44 PM
bumping up.

after being up worrying about the cats all night, I want to make sure you see this and get the info to who ever can use it. ;)

slick
05-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Bump again. Anyone see this?? Is this still urgent? MOFF has made a good suggestion here and I hope someone follows up on it.