PDA

View Full Version : I have to share the news - pain relief

shais_mom
05-06-2006, 12:16 AM
I found an article about this in my Whole Dog Journal, its called
Dog Gone Pain - DGP - I bought 3 bottles and set up to get 2 every 6 months - I have to figure out how much Keegan uses to see if I need them more often. She has not gotten pain relief with her dysplasia, arthritis, bilateral ACL tears from ANYTHING like this stuff. It brings tears to my eyes.
I started giving it to her on a Monday and by Friday she had virtually no limp.
She was able to jump into the back of my dad's 4 door pickup with little effort. There have been times I have had to help her get in my car!
It's amazing.
It's all natural so it won't hurt her like aspirin or Rymadyl will over time.

http://www.theharmonyco.com/Shopping/product.asp?catalog_name=HarmonyCompany&product_id=DGP&category_name=harmony_comp&page=1

.sarah
05-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Glad Keegan is feeling better! This is something I may have to consider for Mandy and Nova.

Kater
05-06-2006, 12:48 AM
This is such wonderful news, Staci!! I'm so happy for your Keegan girl!!! :D

I think I will see if the vet I work with knows about this product. We have lots of older doggies that come in for acupuncture and most of their owners prefer to use herbals for pain relief, and use products like Rimadyl only as a last resort. We have a lot of very effective Traditional Chinese herbs and herbal blends, but they do not always work well for every dog.

cyber-sibes
05-06-2006, 07:23 AM
Yea, Keegan! :) Staci, I'm so happy for you & Keegan, poor girl's had her share of problems. It will be wonderful to see her in Findlay, maybe she'll even be able to play with the other dogs a bit! She's such a sweetheart. ;)

Cincy'sMom
05-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Staci, I am so glad to have found something to help with Keegan's pain!!!

anna_66
05-06-2006, 07:33 AM
Staci how wonderful that you've finally found something that will help your beautiful girl with her pain! How nice it must be, for both her and you:D

I've been giving Roxey the Synovi G-3 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ALI5H4/103-9458911-1483811?v=glance&n=284507) for her limp and it's really worked for us.
It's always nice to find a way to help them out isn't it!!

Rachel
05-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Thank you for sharing this information, Staci. Does it have any indication on the bottle as to what the ingredients are? Keegan is a lucky dog to have you continue to search out something that can help her in this manner.

ChrisH
05-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Staci, I'm so glad you've found a product to help sweet Keegan and thank you for the info about it.

Ginger's Mom
05-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Oh Yay! I am so happy to hear that you have found something that is helping Keegan manage the pain. You both deserve to feel better. :)

shais_mom
05-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Thank you for sharing this information, Staci. Does it have any indication on the bottle as to what the ingredients are? Keegan is a lucky dog to have you continue to search out something that can help her in this manner.

There is a link that shows the label.
http://doggonepain.com/grafx/label/dgplabel.gif

:)