PDA

View Full Version : help

mini rex girl
05-05-2006, 11:46 PM
i need help there is a young tan cat in front of my house he is a skinny cat how do i get him do i lour him with raw meat

barncat
05-06-2006, 01:37 AM
Food usually will do the trick. He may be wary of humans so be patient and take time, maybe put the food out and not try to catch him until you are sure he won't feel the need to do the fight or flight thing unless he seems to be in danger.

Although raw meat may work, cooked meat will not spoil as quickly and is usually easier to digest. Canned tuna or salmon are nice and smelly and attract most cats (though some hate fish and too much tuna can be a problem).

If you can, putting out some dry cat food and a bowl of clean water would be a kindness. In many areas clean water is hard to find and cat food (even budget kinds) is made to provide cats with all they need. Dry food won't spoil or get infested with insects as quickly as soft food.

Bless you for taking time!

What are your plans for the skinny one?

moosmom
05-06-2006, 02:08 AM
Just keep putting food out for him. Move the dish towards the door a little at a time, once you think he trusts you enough. Eventually he'll walk right in the door AND in your heart! :rolleyes:

mini rex girl
05-06-2006, 08:36 AM
ok i will try my best