PDA

View Full Version : A marginal rescue, but I'm claiming it...

AmberLee
05-03-2002, 10:35 PM
Actually, I didn't do well at the start of this, but picked up towards to end AND made friends with some of my neighbors so it was a great experience.

Off and on for the last two hours a cat's been howling and once I'd checked that Livvy and Cassy were safe, I just figured that it's spring and mentally berated neighors who don't spay/neuter and let their babies roam free. About a half an hour ago my door bell rang. A neighbor I've been on 'waving at' only terms was at my door SURE that one of my cats was lost. I convinced him mine were okay, but realized (FINALLY) that a cat was in trouble. The neighbor is severely allergic to animals and was afraid to approach the little guy who was haunting his front entryway. I ran out in my socks! If my mother knew she'd've killed me. Thank heavens for small mercies. Living alone can be a major blessing sometimes.

You should've seen him. He's Persian (or a Persian mix) with the sweetest blue-gray pelt and brillant copper eyes. For all his size he was quite light: maybe 8 or 9 pounds (4 kg or so?) tops. The poor guy was frantic but still the gentlest fur-baby! Fortunately I was 90+% sure of the condo he belongs to -- in coloring and size he was a ringer for my (RB) Sassy and his 'mommy' and I had discussed/ compared them previously. He'd gotten almost to the right place but was one building off. When I brought him home, she was dumb-founded. She'd come home early with a migraine and hadn't realized he'd slipped out! :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: (I need to find out where she gets him groomed. That cat smells better than my perfume does on me... Cassy and Livvy are enthralled sniffing me.) She and I had as good a chat as possible with a frantically happy-to-be-home cat wriggling in his mommy's arms and one participant aching...

His name is Moody Blue and he's a sweet-heart. Except for me calling him 'sweet little girl' and 'pretty girl' when I was coaxing him to me and calming him between buildings :rolleyes: I think I did fairly well and it was a treat to meet my neighbors. Perhaps this really isn't a cat rescue, but maybe it is a cat adventure.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-03-2002, 10:42 PM
AWWWWWWWW
What a sweet GOOD story (can't get enough of those :D ) Glad to hear everything worked out good for Moody Blue :D :) :D

Logan
05-03-2002, 10:48 PM
Awwwwwwww. Moody Blue. What a precious name!! You are a rescuer, full blooded one, now, Amber!!! :) Good for you!!!! :D

Pam
05-04-2002, 05:48 AM
Yes by all means that was a rescue! I am sure Moody Blue's mom looks at it that way! That was a perfect example of two people getting involved (the neighbor who knocked on your door as well as you) to help a little lost kitty. Cheers to you both!

If I knew where your mom lived, I would tell her you were outside in your socks! LOL! :D :D :D

lynnestankard
05-04-2002, 11:57 AM
What a lovely start to the week-end AmberLee - a successful furboy rescue. A new friend methinks!!!! Well donexxxx

Lynne

PS .I hope you dried your feet!!!!!!:eek: :confused: :eek:

Former User
05-04-2002, 12:09 PM
I'd say too that you rescued this fellow, good job AmberLee! I bet it felt good to see your neighbour happy when you returned her cat to her. You have a good weekend too!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-04-2002, 12:33 PM
That qualifies as a cat rescue in my book! Where would he have been if you hadn't recognized him! Great job!!!:)

gini
05-04-2002, 12:36 PM
I am sure it was a rescue. Just imagine "If" you hadn't been there, didn't know where he lived and wasn't able to return him -what could have happened to him.

What a nice Saturday morning story..........and thank you for getting involved. These little guys run our lives, but they can get into trouble pretty quick.

LoudLou
05-04-2002, 02:05 PM
AmberLee, you're our HEEERO! Great job!

lizbud
05-04-2002, 02:19 PM
AmberLee,

What a Great story !!! YES, that counts as a rescue
in my book. Where would that little guy be if nobody
recognized him and showed him the "way home"?:eek:

You've won your wings in my book.:) :) :)

toastco
05-04-2002, 07:46 PM
:) what a wonderful pet rescue story to start the week-end off. Its nice to know that even in big cities their are neighbors that look after others pets. First Amberlee's neighbor and herself looking out for another neighbors beautiful baby! All deserve some kind of a pet rescue award! Mom to six babies of my own plus three dogs

moosmom
05-13-2002, 07:27 PM
Amber Lee,

You definitely qualify as a cat rescuer! I'm so glad Moody Blue had you to take him in. It's nice that your neighbor was greatful to you for finding him. Great job!;)