PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 158 - GONE FISHIN'

lbaker
05-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Hi eberybuddy! Let's get the picnic baskets aired out and load up some coolers. Time to go fishkin! Kay just got the appytyte working for some fresh caught, fresh grilled fish and early Spring veggies. MARIO! See if you, Lady and Possum can dig up some worms [hoo boy, this oughta be gud :rolleyes: ] Anyone need to borrow a fishing rod? I think there some in the L&F if someone wants to take a chance ;) Happy Wednesday Thursdays!

Cataholic
05-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Load me up with something over the top in ALCOHOL! I have never been in more need of a drink than I am right now. Skip the ice, skip the mixer. I want it straight, whatever it is. :eek:

lbaker
05-03-2006, 12:27 PM
heh heh heh, I thought I would see you at the door today! Come on in Joh, I have just what you need sitting right on the top shelf in the special cut crytal decanter. Welcome ;) What happens at Thursdays stays at Thursdays. Don't forget our motto - check the attitude at the door and just kick back and just enjoy!

Karen
05-03-2006, 12:34 PM
I thought we were having Tea at Thursdays this week?
Got the silver all polished and everything!

Well, y'all who've gone fishing bring back some fishies for finger sandwiches! Too cold and rainy up here today for fishin' - the fish'd even be hiding. And you don't wanna eat Charles River fish anyway, I care about your health more than that.

Lady's Human
05-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Donw by the river, down by the banks of the river charles....

Well I love that dirty water.......Ahhh, boston you're ma home...

We could all go fishing, the Challenger holds 40, but it might be a tad rough out there today.

Leaving for OK in the AM, Y'all be safe now, Ya heah?

RedHedd
05-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Got the silver all polished and everything! I polished the crystal too - here's the Bacarat decanter full of .... whatever the DOTD is.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-03-2006, 12:53 PM
What is this? THE DAY THE FISH CAME TO TEA? :D

lbaker
05-03-2006, 01:05 PM
"THE DAY THE FISH CAME TO TEA" Sounds like something Dr Seuss would write after a few DOTD's :D Fishy finger sandwiches, tea and DOTDs in polished silver and crytal. Are we special or what :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-03-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm up for a little fishing.....as long as somebody else puts the worm on the hook....or better yet, can I use rubber worms? I just can't stand the feel/sound of when the hook goes through the poor wormy. <shudders> Then if I catch something, can somebody else take it off the hook for me? I never could stand the feel of a slimy fish. <shudders again> My dad is a big fisherman and for some reason, whenever I went with him as a kid, we never caught anything! He was a good fisherman and always caught something....except when I was along...... :confused:

Here are some "fishy" drinks to choose from.

Swedish Fish Recipe
Ingredients
1/2 oz. Black Haus
1/2 oz. Cranberry Juice
1/2 oz. Sour Mix
Mixing Instruction
Mix with ice and strain into a shot glass.

Arctic Fish Recipe
Ingredients
1/3 part Vodka
1/3 part Grape soda, Surge
1/3 part Orange juice
lots Ice cubes
1 dash Candy fish
Mixing Instruction
Fill a glass with ice and candy fish, add vodka, grape soda and orange juice. Do not stir, but serve well chilled.

Fish Lips Recipe
Ingredients
1.5 oz. Vodka
0.5 oz. Grapefruit Juice
0.5 oz. Triple Sec
0.5 oz. Kirschwasser
Mixing Instruction
Fill a shaker half full with ice cubes. Pour all ingredients into shaker and shake well. Strain drink into a Cocktail glass and serve.

Jelly Fish Recipe
Ingredients
1/8 oz. Kahlua
1/2 oz. Butterscotch Schnapps
Dash of Blue Curacao
1/6 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream
5 drops of Grenadine
Mixing Instruction
1. Pour the Creme de Cacao and Amaretto into a shot glass. 2. Float enough Bailey's on top to cover the shot. 3. Drop a few drops of grenadine into the shot. It looks just like a jellyfish!

Fish House Punch Recipe
Ingredients
6 cups of Brandy
4 cups of Peach Brandy
2 cups of Light Rum
Juice of 12 Lemons
4 cups of Club Soda
Sugar (Enough to sweeten the lemon juice)
2 cups of Tea (Optional)
Mixing Instruction
Dissolve sugar in some of the water. Add juice and the rest of the water, and stir. Add liquor 2-3 hours before serving, and refridgerate. Serve in a punch bowl with ice.

Fish House Punch #2 Recipe
Ingredients
2 liters Water
3 liters black Tea
Honey
Sugar Syrup
2 liters Dark Rum
1/2 liter Brandy
5 oz Lime Juice
Lime peel
Mixing Instruction
Heat water. Stir in sugar, tea, and honey, and allow to boil. Add liquors, stir well, and simmer. Stir in lime juice and peels. Serve hot in heat-resistant cups or glasses, or cool, seal and bottle.

Killearn Kitties
05-03-2006, 01:18 PM
I came over to have a nice cup of tea after reading last week's thread, but if Johanna needs a drink, I will join her. It's too horrible a day for fishing, let's just stay in. Fish Lips all round is it? :D :D :D

lbaker
05-03-2006, 01:22 PM
I've never drinken/dranken/drunken fish lips before. I've battered and fried a few though, yummy - especially with Ranch Dressing :D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-03-2006, 01:25 PM
"THE DAY THE FISH CAME TO TEA" Sounds like something Dr Seuss would write after a few DOTD's :D Fishy finger sandwiches, tea and DOTDs in polished silver and crytal. Are we special or what :p
I am a fishy. I promise I am!!
I look better on silver than green eggs and ham!!! :D

lbaker
05-03-2006, 01:36 PM
OMD I can't stand up I'm laughing so hard MOFF! See Johanna, I told you Thursday's could make you smile ;)

slick
05-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Well, it sounds like you guys are having a whale of time just for the halibut. Cod I please have one of those DOTD ?? I heard that fish cheeks were in season now and all the rage in Japan. Apparently a delicacy. ""shudders"

Anyway, let me just skate on up to the bar and sing:

Salmon chanted evening....

**ducks head**
Hey Mario, it's not nice to throw things are the entertainment. :eek:

Debbie, I'm with you. Baiting the hook makes me "eely" and I don't do fish guts. And I don't eat anything that is staring back at me so please make sure it is beheaded.

LOL Actually Max has fish lips after he eats his Whitefish & Tuna dinner....

Cataholic
05-03-2006, 01:44 PM
I am a fishy. I promise I am!!
I look better on silver than green eggs and ham!!! :D

I **guess** that is better than telling us you look better IN silver than you do IN green eggs and ham...as that would mean you actually have SEEN yourself in green eggs and ham.... :D

Yeah, Laurie, I am laughing now.... :D

Karen
05-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Y'all gotta go Deep Sea Fishin' on the Challenger Fleet, oh squeamish ones. There are no worms involved, just already chopped up sea clams, no heads or tail discernable. North Atlantic's too bumpy today, though, I think the boat stayed t'shore.

Kfamr
05-03-2006, 02:00 PM
We can fit 4 on my brother's old boat... and a dog! Kiki wants to come!
She had a blast yesterday. She didn't like when I showed her one of the Trout we caught and the thing snapped at her! :eek: Lady, what do you think? Do you like fishing too?

We let the seagulls and birds lead us to the right spot here!

I love cooking fish in foil on the grill with lots of yummy veggies!

lbaker
05-03-2006, 02:02 PM
I wonder whose job it is to chop the heads and tails off the clams :confused: :rolleyes: Aiah, sea's a bit choppy, best be coming in by the fire to study our realing and writhing. For what porpoise you ask? Mario, please stop giggling, it's hard to keep a straight face in front of you :D Kay, that picture is beautiful!

slick
05-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Well, I guess everyone has gone fishin', including Lady. Come on Mario, let's get this place ready for the "tea". I'll get the pans out and the grill warmed up. We'll be cooking up a storm when they get back. Oh the silver and good china almost looks too good to eat from. Do we have to hold out our pinkies??? ;)

Killearn Kitties
05-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Hi Slick! I'm here! I hid when they were leaving, just couldn't face that cold, windy weather on a fishing boat. Wouldn't have minded if the weather had been like it was in Kay's picture, of course. I'll help with the tea. Do we have to eat cucumber sandwiches with that?

Killearn Kitties
05-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Oh I'm glad there's a taker for the cucumber sandwiches! I'll get slicing then.

Even little Jonah has some posh silverware to bring to the table! :D How sweet. Oh we are just so civilised this week!!

lbaker
05-03-2006, 06:00 PM
;)

RICHARD
05-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Got the silver all polished and everything!

Well, y'all who've gone fishing bring back some fishies for finger sandwiches!

When a hand is inserted, the fish may nip, bite or, if large enough, engulf the noodler's hand. The cat may spin, causing the sandpaper-like teeth to shred the noodler's skin. For this reason, some noodlers wear gloves, though most believe this hinders the sense of touch necessary for determining the type of creature in the hole, its position and the best method for gaining a handhold.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/general/columns/story?columnist=sutton_keith&page=g_col_sutton_noodling

--------------------------------

I am gonna pass on the sandwiches! ;)

slick
05-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Slick, one can't make a proper tea with "pans" and a grill!! [silly woman]
Ha! You haven't seen me in the kitchen. Oh yeah, you have, but you haven't seen me in my kitchen. Pots, pans, grills, tea kettles all over the place. I really am a very messy cook....even when it comes to making cucumber sammies. MMMMMM, good job KK.

Since we are having tea, I think we should fit the part. I am quite peckish, right? How 'bout we sit and have a cuppa. Any chance of getting a fry up?? Beans on toast....or would that be toast points?? Hee, I feel so "Royal". OK Mario, out with the pinkie, now lift the teacup and take a sip and daintily put the cup back on the saucer. That's it, good boy. We're rocking now!!!

Oh excuse me, when sitting, a lady must cross her ankles at all times. :D

Edit: Whoa Richard......I think Gini has your glove back at her place if you want to give it a try!!! ;) :D

smokey the elder
05-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Well, since we were going to have tea, how about a Long Island iced tea?

Here's something of a fishy theme:

Fish heads, fish heads, roly-poly fish heads
Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!

I took a fish head out to see a movie, Didn't have to pay to get him in!

Kfamr
05-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Just got back from fishing again...

Caught one fish... a DOG fish! No good, thrown back.
I'm thinking fast food for dinner tonight. :rolleyes: :p

momoffuzzyfaces
05-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Well, I guess everyone has gone fishin', including Lady. Come on Mario, let's get this place ready for the "tea". I'll get the pans out and the grill warmed up. We'll be cooking up a storm when they get back. Oh the silver and good china almost looks too good to eat from. Do we have to hold out our pinkies??? ;)
Sorry, slick!
I wasn't fishing I was dodging tornadoes!!!
We had two seperate tornado warnings this afternoon. Luckily, they both went south of our town. Double good for me because I slept through the first one!!! :eek:

We used to have a restaurant here that served catfish fresh from the muddy Marmaton river. They always served them with their heads on!! Yuckie Yuck Yuck!!!

When Dad would order catfish, I would cover the head up with a napkin so it wouldn't stare at us while it was eaten. :eek:

slick
05-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Oh MOFF, you really must move up here....no tornadoes, no storms, no earthquakes....oh yeah, you just got finished moving, sorry. At least rest those weary bones before you start packing up again. :p :D

Kay, Lady says there ain't nuttin wrong with a "dawg fish". :D

Smokey: I had to laugh as I spotted the line under your name. I have Alice's Restaurant on CD and listen to it quite often. Group W....**snicker**
"Kid, I want you to go and sit down on that bench that says Group W .... NOW kid!!"

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant
Walk right in it's around the back
Just a half a mile from the railroad track

momoffuzzyfaces
05-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Sorry, slick. NO MORE MOVES FOR ME!!!

THIS ONE BOUT KILLED ME!!!

(unless a tornado delivers me to your door, that is) ;)

lbaker
05-04-2006, 06:02 AM
"You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant
Walk right in it's around the back
Just a half a mile from the railroad track
You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant"

[except Alice]

;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Cucumber samiches? No thanks. And toast points....never understood the point of toast points. I understand it's "tea" and all, but give me some real food. Food where my pinkie is put to work holding it instead of being stuck out like it's spastic or something. ;) Sit with my ankles crossed? Bah! Flopped down in an easy chair is way more like it. Yeah....I'm a real classy lady. ;) :rolleyes: :D

So, what's for breakfast. English breakfast tea I would assume, but what kind of FOOD goes with the tea? .......can anyone tell I'm hungry? Don't know why, just had a nice big bowl of cheerios and it's only 9:30 am here, so I've got a few hours to go before lunch time. :(

Maybe another Coke with tide me over........

MOFF, glad you dodged another bullet. I sure hope all those nasty storms clear out though. Terry is headed back from Denver today in and tomorrow in the motorhome. He'll be going through Nebraska instead of Kansas, but still......motorhomes and tornados aren't a good combination. :eek:

slick
05-04-2006, 10:04 AM
:D :D :D Oh Debbie, you crack me up......and that's not eggz-ajuratin'......Spastic pinkie....:D :D You really do like Coke don't you? Guess I'd better stock up for the 2010 Olympics. ;)

Good morning. It's going to hit over 70 up here today.....how can anyone be in a bad mood with weather like this?? Would love some English breakfast. I go and get the toast points ready.... ;) :D

gini
05-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Good morning, whatever is going on in here? The glare from the sparkling silver and crystal is blinding.

Debbie, why are you holding your pinkie so funny? Did you hurt it?

Let's see cucumber sandwiches - fresh dawg fish - cheerios - English Breakfast tea - coke - mmmmm, thanks, but I think I will wait for lunch.

Mario don't you point that toast at me! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Debbie, why are you holding your pinkie so funny? Did you hurt it?
I don't know what's wrong with it, Gini! I was holding it out as I drank my coke, and it just start spazzin' out like it was having seizures or something.... :confused: Maybe it was having a magnetic reaction to the coke can, you know, when you put two magnetics together and they don't stick? ;) :D :rolleyes:

Only 25 more minutes until lunch here - can't wait!

RedHedd
05-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Oh dear, toast points with beans? :D I think I'll pass. That noodling stuff sounds dangerous, RICHARD. Just a cuppa Joe for me for now. Happy Quattro de Mayo, everyone.

"Most noodlers enter shallow water — never as deep as the noodler is tall — One would hope! :rolleyes: :p to probe likely catfish hideouts.

... At this point, the reason for working in shallow water becomes crystal clear. If one cannot quickly stand with mouth and nostrils above the water, he might find himself in a sticky predicament. ... Occasionally, participants have drowned.

slick
05-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Pretty quiet in here today. I guess everyone's gone fishin' again.

Hi RedHedd: Nuttin wrong with toast points and beans....if you're starving, that is. :D

Anyone feel like some home made macaroni and cheeze?? I use real sharp cheddar and put buttered bread crumbs on top. Comfort food that soothes the soul.

Anyone bartending??? I'm parched and could a DOTD.

smokey the elder
05-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Well, if a chemist can't mix up a drink...what's your pleasure? (I'll just usurp Richard's spot for now!" Maybe some mint juleps in honor of the Kentucky Derby?

slick
05-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Chemist or not, I'm sure you can whip up something wonderful! Thank you. Unfortunately, my forte is not beverage making. The last time I made a drink for my Mom she had to dump some out and add more mix. :rolleyes: :D

Killearn Kitties
05-04-2006, 04:19 PM
That macaroni sounds wonderful! I'll take whatever drink is going with it.
I've been cleaning ALL DAY and I'm ready to sit down!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-04-2006, 04:59 PM
OOOH OOOH!!! I'll have mac and cheese too please!!!

Been pouring rain all day here, luckily without the tornadoes this time.

It's finally stopping. They (whoever THEY are) say we need rain. I say enough already!!!

M & C and a berries and cream DrPepper sound great to me!!! :D

RICHARD
05-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Can we start over again??? :confused:

slick
05-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Absolut-a-mundo!!! My day is starting to wind down and I'm in the mood to parteeeeee!!!! ...and speaking about Absolut, I'll take a my usual please....a double BM for starters. Thanks.

Only a couple more hours to go til the weekend folks. Put on those happy faces..... Gee, I feel so....so....so.....perky!!!! :D :D

RICHARD
05-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Absolut-a-mundo!!! My day is starting to wind down and I'm in the mood to parteeeeee!!!! ...and speaking about Absolut, I'll take a my usual please....a double BM for starters. Thanks.

Only a couple more hours to go til the weekend folks. Put on those happy faces..... Gee, I feel so....so....so.....perky!!!! :D :D

Thank god someone is in here...DONE! Double BM..

me comp at home is sick so can you help me tend bar??

Thanks!

slick
05-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Now would I ever let you down Richard???? ;) :p Maybe I'll go stand outside and sing. :eek: Hey, we should get together and find a theme song. "Cheers" is too boring. We need something to really identify who we are. I'll have to think on that one.

Sorry about your computer. Lift it up exactly 2.36 inches (no more, no less). Then drop it. Works everytime. :p :D

RICHARD
05-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Sorry about your computer. Lift it up exactly 2.36 inches (no more, no less). Then drop it. Works everytime. :p :D

LOL, I did that at work...knocked over the tower...

The fan starts to rattle like a maniac...
to get it fixed?

Call the help desk, they call IT....
It calls you to deem you worthy of a visit.
If so you wait almost one week....

So how did I fix my comp?

Opened it up and fixed it myself!

DONE!

trayi52
05-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Oh boy, finally open! I'll take a Corona with a twist of Lime. Sounds good to me.

And how are you all doing this fine day?

Willie :)

Kfamr
05-05-2006, 06:34 PM
What happened to the other??? :( :( :( :( :(

I was just about to report our catchings of the day and exciting events in the Gone Fishin' thread!

We caught 4 keepers - all Trout. Meanwhile we had a close - very close - friend, a Dolphin! "He" kept watching our every move.

I'm really confused and somewhat upset not being able to find the other thread. :( :(

slick
05-05-2006, 06:39 PM
I don't know what happened Kay. It obviously got deleted....but why??? By whom?? Had to be either the thread starter or Karen and I didn't think there was anything "riske" in the other one. Perhaps it was by accident. At any rate, we are back and ready to rock and roll. It just proves that you can't keep the Thursday crowd down for any length of time. :D

MMMM, grilled trout, can't hardly wait. :)

lizbud
05-05-2006, 06:49 PM
What happened to the other??? :( :( :( :( :(

I was just about to report our catchings of the day and exciting events in the Gone Fishin' thread!

We caught 4 keepers - all Trout. Meanwhile we had a close - very close - friend, a Dolphin! "He" kept watching our every move.

I'm really confused and somewhat upset not being able to find the other thread. :( :(

Where did the gone fishin thread go ? I've been reading it for a few
days now. I didn't see anything wrong :confused:

Oggyflute
05-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Someone went fishing?? and I didn't know?? :eek:
Well I better have a bit of Kay's trout if I may. :)
G'day everyone, might join tray with a corona & lime. :D

slick
05-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Yeah, you really missed something Oggy. There were fish lips and fish cheeks and dawg fish....anything your heart desired. Now the thread is gone so we have to start again. Anyone got a boat besides KayAnn? Someone had better gut that trout 'cause I'm not doing it. EEEEWWWWW!!! I'll eat it but not clean it.

Corona and Lime for Tray and Oggy.

DONE!

Karen
05-05-2006, 08:16 PM
I did not delete it ... I'll look for it now, but if I didn't then it must have been the thread starter, which was lbaker, I believe.

Kfamr
05-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Get this, today not only did I catch a 'DAWG' fish but a catfish and a lizardfish as well.

The Lizardfish was REALLY cool looking.

My mom fried the fish tonight. I don't really like fried fish, so I passed on dinner tonight. Don't feel too well anyways. :(

How about some green tea with lemon and honey, please?

Karen
05-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Green tea with honey and lemon should hit the spot. And because we can, I'll serve it in one of those really pretty china teacups I inherited. Kay, you want it in the pink one with roses, or the yellow-flowered one?

I have asked Laurie why she deleted the first thread, it may have been accidental, and if she'll let me "undelete" it.

gini
05-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Gee and just when I was thinking about trying fish cheeks (or was it lips) and now they are gone.

Karen, your china is to die for!! Green tea - I think I will try a cup.

Karen
05-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks, Gini! The ladies from whom I inherited it are smiling down from heaven. Honey with your tea, or plain?

slick
05-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Green tea?? Well I don't care....it's Friday night and I need a drink. I just got rid of my very small octagon table and 4 chairs. Don't you just love Spring cleaning??? :rolleyes:

Green tea for Gini and Karen.
DONE!

Double BM for me
DONE!

Kay: Lizardfish?? I'll bet it looked just like my ex. :p :D
Green tea, lemon & honey
DONE!

Karen
05-05-2006, 11:01 PM
It's okay, Slick, you can drink your BM out of the pretty china tea cups too if you want.

slick
05-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Thanks Karen. I guess I should raise my pinkie....... :cool:

Speaking of the other thread, I remember about 2 or 3 months after I signed up I started a thread that received a few responses. I tried to edit one of my posts and when I hit delete, the whole thread was gone. It was a PEBCAK error. (Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard). :D It happens but I hope Laurie will let you "undelete" it.

Lady, Mario and Possum, you smell like fish. Yuck!! I wonder if there is a bathtub in the back where I can give you all a B-A-T-H. Wait, Mario, come baaaccckkkkkk.........

smokey the elder
05-06-2006, 07:52 AM
pebcak? LOL! It's a bit early for mint juleps yet, but I can start the prep (soaking some mint leaves in bourbon and sugar.)

Meanwhile, how about some French toast made with Bailey's? I've been jonesing for that for awhile.

slick
05-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Saturday......yeah....it's another weekend full of errands and housecleaning. :rolleyes:

Smokey, you want Bailey's?? You got it. I just made some fresh and you'll find it in the fridge. Help yourself. I don't really care for sweet things so I'll pass on the French Toast but I'll gladly beat the eggs for yours. Is there English Toast....or German Toast.....or Belgium Toast?? :confused: :D

DONE!

Karen
05-06-2006, 11:20 AM
It was human error, and now the thread is whole again, both parts united as one.

I'm gonna go wash the teacups before anymonkey decides to "help" - yes, Lady, I know you could do 'em all with one swipe of the tongue, but I want the really clean, not just dog clean.

RedHedd
05-06-2006, 12:16 PM
It was human error, and now the thread is whole again, both parts united as one. Ah, so I'm not going crazy. I was wondering what everyone was talking about ... the missing fish lips and all and it was all there. I felt like Dorothy in Oz .... was it all a dream? :D

Our IT peeps told me about the dreaded "PIBCAK" error (Problem Is Between Chair And Keyboard) a long time ago. We didn't tell my boss for a LONG time.

Busy day of errands and stuff for me too. That Belgium toast sounds yummy!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Ah, so I'm not going crazy.

I thought I was going crazy too! Glad we're still fishin' with our tea sets though. I wonder if anyone ever had tea while out in their row boat. Try balancing a teacup on your knee whilst you tip you cup (with spastic pinkie stuck out) with one hand and hold your fishing pole with the other hand. Hmmmm.....seems like there will have to be at least one other person along to do the rowing..... :confused:

Karen
05-06-2006, 05:39 PM
That's what thermoses are for, silly - portable tea! When fishing from shore, however, teacup may be used, but it's not advisable, as you don't want to get the bait can and tea cup mixed up accidentally, I like my tea sans wormies, s'il vous plait.

Everybody reel in their lines, and put down the tea - and other cups - while we have a moment of silence for Laurie's Badger. (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=104312)

RICHARD
05-08-2006, 05:56 PM
I feel like I have been soaked in sugar and bourbon. ;)

gini
05-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Do you know what I went to on Saturday? A REAL TEA PARTY. It was a baby shower held at a local tea shoppe. China, crumpets, clotted cream, jam, sandwiches, scones, desserts and some wonderful baked cheese. Oh yes, and tea.

The whole time I was there I kept looking at the window expecting to see the Thursdays crowd pointing at me and my "pinkie finger" hooting and hollering. :p

It made me secretly smile - if they only knew!! :D :D

RedHedd
05-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I thought of Thursdays today as I FINALLY finished polishing ALL the silver. I even took pics, but I'm too pooped to post them. I am selling the stuff as I don't ever want to have to go through this polishing ordeal again - what a messy chore!

I was at a charity event this past Saturday night and sat next to a woman whose husband collects antique silver, so I may even have a buyer without having to try too hard. We'll see. Otherwise, I'm posting it to Craigslist.

I'll take a cuppa anything!