PDA

View Full Version : My journey continues...

finn's mom
05-05-2006, 10:09 AM
The nomad that I am, I am returning to the Lone Star State. I'd prefer to stay in South Carolina, as I'm not Texas's number one fan. ;) Don't get me wrong, I love certain things about it, but, I'd rather live here in the pretty little state of South Carolina. But, I digress. I am in love. I have loved my best friend, David, for years now, but, we were never both available at the same time. Now, we are. And, it's about darn time! I have felt love before and have felt passion before and have felt like "this is it" a couple times. But, hind sight being what it is, I've always seen red flags that I should have paid attention to. I always felt like I could get around certain things or certain types of personalities. But, I'm really praying that David and I can make a life together. He doesn't want to stay in Texas, either, so, who knows where we'll go from here. But, for now, Plano it is. Finn and I will be moving in with him and his two dogs, Freckles and Dudley. Wish us well, would ya? We are best friends, have been for about seven years, and, I've known him since I was about 15, though we weren't high school sweethearts. Anyway, I just wanted to share with you all the newest chapter in my story. :) Thanks, if you read this far. ;)

Karen
05-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Oh, good luck, and I hope the dogs get along well, too!

Jadapit
05-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Kari, I wish you and David all the happiness in the world, you so deserve it! That is so awesome that you were best friends first I think that is so important for a relationship. I truly wish you all the best with your new journey in life. :D

Cataholic
05-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Look at it this way, as long as you are moving along, no mold can grow on you! Good luck with your next step. ;)

finn's mom
05-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Hey, thanks guys. Donna, I know, I'm happy that this has happened for him and me, I think it's important, too, to be friends first...I've always lacked that connection at first.

Karen, me, too! ;) We are going to take as many precautions as we need to to make this a smooth situation.

Any suggestions on introducing new dogs to eachother would be greatly appreciated, of course.

Dudley and Freckles are smaller dogs (schnauzer and whippet mix) and are both five. Finn, of course, is about 2 1/2 and weighs over 80 pounds. We're thinking of introducing them on neutral ground, off leash, with muzzles, just to be on the safe side. Not completely sure, though.

Glacier
05-05-2006, 10:34 AM
How exciting! I hope the move goes smoothly and your new life gets off to a wonderful start!

Daisy and Delilah
05-05-2006, 01:19 PM
My Dear Friend Kari, I hope you know how much I'm praying for you and hoping this all works out exactly the way you want it to. I think you'll do well in this relationship, as you do everything else. I wish you all the happiness that the world has to offer. Keep us posted on all new developments. Love ya sweetie!! :D

Laura's Babies
05-05-2006, 01:43 PM
I hope you have nothing but the best of luck in the new chapter of your life and that it has a happy ending for you.

finn's mom
05-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the well wishes! Terry, i don't know what you're talking about! ;) I haven't done that well in many other things, hahahahaha, but, check out the new quote in my signature. it works and makes a lot of sense. :)

i love ya, terry, you rock!

thanks again everyone!

ramanth
05-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Lots of luck!!! :D :D

lvpets2002
05-05-2006, 03:06 PM
:) Woo Hoo cant wait to meet you.. Plano is in the metroplex not far from me.. There is several of us in the round about area of the metroplex.. Let me know if you need any help..

CountryWolf07
05-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Aw how exciting! :) GOOD LUCK! :)

Rachel
05-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Of course I don't know your friend, David, but there is something about a guy who has two small dogs named Freckles and Dudley that just warms my heart. I do wish you and him the very best of luck. Do you have a job lined up?

Toby's my baby
05-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Congrats! I hope everything turns out great, and you don't have any bumps along the way..but how could you, being the loving Kari that I know! ;)

Good luck!! Hope it turns out to be a fairytale ending!

chocolatepuppy
05-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Best of luck! I hope things work out for you, David and the pups! :D

Pembroke_Corgi
05-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Good luck! :) Hope everything works out the way you want it!

Alysser
05-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Oh Kari, thats awesome! :D Im so happy for you, good luck to you and David and I hope all the dogs get along well! :)

finn's mom
05-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Look at it this way, as long as you are moving along, no mold can grow on you! Good luck with your next step. ;)

Hahahaha, that's funny. Yeah, no mold here. ;)

Woo Hoo cant wait to meet you.. Plano is in the metroplex not far from me.. There is several of us in the round about area of the metroplex.. Let me know if you need any help..

Awesome! I lived in around the metroplex for about six and a half years before moving back to South Carolina...so, yeah, we'd better meet this time around! ;) And, thank you for the offer, I will surely let you know if I do.

Of course I don't know your friend, David, but there is something about a guy who has two small dogs named Freckles and Dudley that just warms my heart. I do wish you and him the very best of luck. Do you have a job lined up?

I know what you mean, it's very attractive. :) And, the dogs are as sweet as they can be, and, David is very sweet with them. Freckles is definitely his girl. It's really endearing.

As for a job, not yet. I've got my resume out there, and, David is looking, too. I'm not too worried about getting a job to get by on. I have never really had a problem finding work. I'd like to find something more this time, something I could advance in. But, we shall see!

Congrats! I hope everything turns out great, and you don't have any bumps along the way..but how could you, being the loving Kari that I know!

Good luck!! Hope it turns out to be a fairytale ending!

You're very sweet. I'm sure we will have bumps, we're both very headstrong people, but, very aware of eachother's feelings. I'm okay with bumps. I don't really worry too much about the fairy tale ending anymore, but, he's most certainly my prince. ;) Hahahaha, no more toads for this girl!

And, to everyone's well wishes, thank you from the bottom of my heart! It means a lot to have so much good luck coming my way. :) I will certainly tell you all how the introductions go. David's met Finn, when he was a puppy, but, his two dogs have never met Finn. I'm not asking for instant best friends, I just want them to tolerate eachother at least. :)

dukedogsmom
05-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey, I just now saw this. Good luck! I wish you both well. We'll look forward to seeing pics of all the dogs. I hope it turns out happy for you. Love is indeed, in the air, it seems. Let us know how it goes, ok?

Toby's my baby
05-05-2006, 09:21 PM
. I don't really worry too much about the fairy tale ending anymore, but, he's most certainly my prince. ;) Hahahaha, no more toads for this girl!

Lol! :p

Do you know when you will be moving down there yet?

Oggyflute
05-05-2006, 09:28 PM
This is great Kari, I'm so pleased for you. :) I could offer various words of wisdom I guess, but just follow your heart, you have a real good one. :)
(I've just got to like a bloke who has kids with schnauzer in them :D )

Karen
05-05-2006, 09:59 PM
The meeting on neutral territory is a wise idea. That way no one has to feel territorial about more then his or her individual human being.

Finn'll surely be the "obnoxious young kid" of the bunch - he's Lab! Exhuberance is part of his DNA! - but hopefully the older two will tell him the ground rules with no bloodshed involved, and they can all get along!

cloverfdx
05-06-2006, 12:03 AM
Oh Kari how exciting :D. I wish yourself, David and the pups all the best {{Hugs}}.

finn's mom
05-06-2006, 06:19 AM
Hey, I just now saw this. Good luck! I wish you both well. We'll look forward to seeing pics of all the dogs. I hope it turns out happy for you. Love is indeed, in the air, it seems. Let us know how it goes, ok?

Yeah? Who else is in l.o.v.e.? ;) I miss talking to you by the way! But, you know I'll be doing my best to get pictures of all three dogs!

finn's mom
05-06-2006, 06:20 AM
Lol! :p

Do you know when you will be moving down there yet?

Yeah, I'm leaving on the 18th!

finn's mom
05-06-2006, 06:22 AM
This is great Kari, I'm so pleased for you. :) I could offer various words of wisdom I guess, but just follow your heart, you have a real good one. :)
(I've just got to like a bloke who has kids with schnauzer in them :D )

Oh, man, Trev, that is just about the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time. Thank you!

And, Dudley is actually 100% Schnauzer. :) I had posted pictures of Freckles and him in dog general, maybe I should bump them back up. :)

finn's mom
05-06-2006, 06:23 AM
The meeting on neutral territory is a wise idea. That way no one has to feel territorial about more then his or her individual human being.

Finn'll surely be the "obnoxious young kid" of the bunch - he's Lab! Exhuberance is part of his DNA! - but hopefully the older two will tell him the ground rules with no bloodshed involved, and they can all get along!

Yeah, Freckles has put other dogs in their place, but, not very nicely. Well, she'll growl to show them her feelings, and, then she beats them up if they don't take the hint. Hopefully, Finn will take the growl and learn from it. We will have control of the situation. And, we'll get professional trainers involved if we have to.

finn's mom
05-06-2006, 06:24 AM
Oh Kari how exciting :D. I wish yourself, David and the pups all the best {{Hugs}}.

:D Thank you so much!

Pam
05-06-2006, 07:54 AM
I wish you and David well and hope the dog blending goes smoothly. :) Your new signature quote about experience is so true. How simple but how very true. :)

Ginger's Mom
05-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom I know what you mean, it's very attractive. And, the dogs are as sweet as they can be, and, David is very sweet with them. Freckles is definitely his girl. It's really endearing.

Originally posted by finn's mom I'm sure we will have bumps, we're both very headstrong people, but, very aware of eachother's feelings. I'm okay with bumps.

I find both of these posts as postive indicators for you Kari. :) (Isn't there a quote somewhere about finding out the true measure of a man by the way he treats his dog?) I am very excited for you, and Finn, as you start off on the next leg of your journey. Positive thoughts and vibes being sent out.

finn's mom
05-06-2006, 08:24 AM
I wish you and David well and hope the dog blending goes smoothly. :) Your new signature quote about experience is so true. How simple but how very true. :)

No kidding. I'm reading a book right now called The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari and I got it from that. it's a tremendous book about self improvement, and, I'm looking forward to taking the lessons to heart. David and I both are learning a lot from the book, from eachother, and, from some other things that we are doing. It's pretty awesome. :)

ChrisH
05-06-2006, 08:24 AM
Oh, Kari, I am so happy for you!!! :D Being such good friends is a great basis for a great relationship - friends and lovers, can't be beat!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Miscellaneous/Smilies/Hugs2.gif

finn's mom
05-06-2006, 08:26 AM
I find both of these posts as postive indicators for you Kari. :) (Isn't there a quote somewhere about finding out the true measure of a man by the way he treats his dog?) I am very excited for you, and Finn, as you start off on the next leg of your journey. Positive thoughts and vibes being sent out.

Very cool, thank you for this post. Positivity is where it's at, I've always felt that, and, now I know it for sure. There are no guarantees, I've also learned that the hard way (a few times over!), but, I'm excited about giving this my best shot. And, yeah, there is a quote, I need to find it!

finn's mom
05-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Oh, Kari, I am so happy for you!!! :D Being such good friends is a great basis for a great relationship - friends and lovers, can't be beat!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Miscellaneous/Smilies/Hugs2.gif

It's a good feeling, I can't even describe how glad I am that it's happening this way for me. It's a first, but, I love it. :)

anna_66
05-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Where have I been to miss this wonderful love affair?!

I'm very happy for the both of you and wish you a truly wonderful life together:D

finn's mom
05-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Where have I been to miss this wonderful love affair?!

I'm very happy for the both of you and wish you a truly wonderful life together:D

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything. I've not really said a lot about it. The actual relationship hasn't been in bloom for long at all. We've been friends for a long time, and, the thought that we wanted to be together with benefits just came to reality in March. ;) But, thank you!

kimboe
05-06-2006, 03:28 PM
That is such great news of the new chapter in your life. I hope the move, and "LOVE" goes well! I'm sure that everything will go smoothy if it feels right for you. :)

finn's mom
05-16-2006, 06:55 PM
just bumping this up for a buddy. ;) and, for anyone else who cares and may have missed my big news. i leave on thursday morning!

Daisy and Delilah
05-16-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm still praying for you Kari! I have a good feeling about this. Have a safe, wonderful trip and keep us posted on all new happenings. Can't wait to hear that you're settled and everything is going well :D

CagneyDog
05-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Good Luck Kari :) I hope everything works out. Have a safe trip and update often!

Logan
05-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Oh Kari, I am so happy for you. I'm just sad that I never was able to meet up with you while you were in SC!!!!

The last month is a blur with a lot of issues at home with Zipper, and I simply have not kept up at Pet Talk. I am ashamed that I didn't know what was happening with you when you have been so supportive of me.

Please keep in touch with us. I wish you the very best of luck.

Logan :)

carole
05-16-2006, 11:59 PM
:D Geez Kari i cannot believe i missed this, so sorry, but what wonderful news, so romantic, i wish you all the happiness in the world for you and David,you really do deserve it, so excited for you both, yahoo.

finn's mom
05-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Oh Kari, I am so happy for you. I'm just sad that I never was able to meet up with you while you were in SC!!!!

The last month is a blur with a lot of issues at home with Zipper, and I simply have not kept up at Pet Talk. I am ashamed that I didn't know what was happening with you when you have been so supportive of me.

Please keep in touch with us. I wish you the very best of luck.

Logan :)

You are so kind to say all that. :) It's all right, we'll meet. I plan to visit often, and, we really hope to move to the east coast. Chicago is a possible option for us in the future, but, we are hoping for the east coast. We'll go where the road takes us. You have been supportive of me through everything, don't be ashamed of anything! I hope things are levelling out a bit for you at home. And, no worries, I don't frequent pet talk like I used to either. I will surely keep in touch, and, thank you!

finn's mom
05-17-2006, 12:11 PM
:D Geez Kari i cannot believe i missed this, so sorry, but what wonderful news, so romantic, i wish you all the happiness in the world for you and David,you really do deserve it, so excited for you both, yahoo.

It's all right, it wasn't up at the front for very long. I don't talk much on pet talk, so, I don't mind...it happens! ;) Thank you for the well wishes, you are a friend, and, next time I chat, I'll more than likely be in Texas! :)

Rachel
05-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Please let us know when you arrive safely, as some of us have a tendency to worry about *the youngins*. As for making the big decisions in life, I'm afraid it really never gets any easier. For what it is worth, I think you are right to take this opportunity to develop your relationship with David. It is a big step but finding your partner for life is well worth the risk.

pitc9
05-17-2006, 01:36 PM
We're thinking of introducing them on neutral ground, off leash, with muzzles, just to be on the safe side. Not completely sure, though.

Yes, that is the BEST way!!
If none of the pups normally wear muzzles, then it's best not to start when you first get them together. Having something new on their faces/mouths may make them nervous and may send the wrong signal to the other pups!
Keep in mind... good meeting behavior for dogs are to greet one another side by side. (head to butt) Not so much straight on. To a dog, that is the least threatening greeting posture.
(Learned that by reading the book "How to Talk Dog" Lots of good things in there!)
I wish you all the luck in the world!!

RobiLee
05-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Wishing you all the best. Have a safe trip.

beeniesmom
05-17-2006, 02:09 PM
I just saw this now! Whoohoooo! Good luck!

finn's mom
05-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Please let us know when you arrive safely, as some of us have a tendency to worry about *the youngins*. As for making the big decisions in life, I'm afraid it really never gets any easier. For what it is worth, I think you are right to take this opportunity to develop your relationship with David. It is a big step but finding your partner for life is well worth the risk.

Aw, thanks, I will for sure let everyone know when I get there tomorrow night! David has internet at home, so, before bed, I will post a new thread. :) And, yeah, I'm also not getting any younger, and, David and I both want children, and, we don't want to be 40 when we have our first. ;) He's 31, and, I'll be 30 in September, so, if all goes well, we will be trying to have a child here in the next few years. Wow. Can't believe I'm even saying that! ;)

finn's mom
05-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Yes, that is the BEST way!!
If none of the pups normally wear muzzles, then it's best not to start when you first get them together. Having something new on their faces/mouths may make them nervous and may send the wrong signal to the other pups!
Keep in mind... good meeting behavior for dogs are to greet one another side by side. (head to butt) Not so much straight on. To a dog, that is the least threatening greeting posture.
(Learned that by reading the book "How to Talk Dog" Lots of good things in there!)
I wish you all the luck in the world!!

Thanks! I will let you all know how the introductions go. :)

finn's mom
05-17-2006, 03:40 PM
And, thank you Carmen and Robin! :) I'm excited! :)