PDA

View Full Version : *JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*

rg_girlca
05-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi Marie;

I was just wondering how you were doing today??

I pray that all is well and your arm is even better today and also your tummy from the antibiotics. :)

((((((HUGS))))))

catmandu
05-04-2006, 07:08 PM
We are sory to hear that your Friend Marie has a Bad Arm. The Found Cats are Praying that Marie heals soon.
As Do I,thier Feeder.

Laura's Babies
05-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Yea, we need a update on the cat bite and you...

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
05-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Sorry guys! Im doing just great minus my stomach cause of the antibiotics. I'm eating yogourt and staying away from the rest of the dairy but my stomach is still really upset. The arm is great, you can still clearly see the punctures but they aren't really red anymore and the bruising is going down. I am able to move the arm just not put pressure in the area. I can't wait till Im done the antibiotics really! I have never reacted so bad to antibiotics in my life but I have never been on this kind.

Caramel is doing great as well, I am hesitant to take him back out on his leash because Im scared the big dog will come back because he is often off his chain :confused: It has been so nice out too, but I'll wait and see how things go.

Thanks for caring guys, It is really something how everyone tried to help and gave their support! It makes me feel really cared for, you guys are all great :)

rg_girlca
05-04-2006, 09:23 PM
What a big sigh of relief to hear how well your arm is healing. :)

Maybe you should keep a record of the name of the antibiotic and the strength of it, for future use. If, and I pray that's a big IF, you ever need to take an antibiotic again, you can let them know the reaction you got from these one, to avoid getting them again.

I had a bad reaction also to some antibiotics and when I needed them again, I mentioned to the doctor the effect they had on me and he changed the strength and the type also.

I'm glad to hear that your precious Caramel is doing well. Maybe you should speak to your neighbour about keeping their dog on a leash.
Afterall, your cat has a right to enjoy the outdoors just as much as her dog does. You shouldn't have to stay inside, for fear of this happening again.

Take care

((((((HUGS)))))))

AbbyMom
05-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Have you seen these enclosed pet strollers? It would let you take Caramel for walks but she'd be easier to protect from dogs. Just a thought.

Glad you're better. :)

Laura's Babies
05-05-2006, 06:33 AM
Thanks for caring guys, It is really something how everyone tried to help and gave their support! It makes me feel really cared for, you guys are all great :)

That is how it is here, that is why we all love it so!

BUT, we really were concerned because of how serious a cat bite is and we just didn't want to loose a new PT family member! I am so glad you are doing better and it is on it's way to healing. That was scarey! Like I said before, now YOU can help the next person with your experience on cat bites. When our vet told my daughter to tell me to get to a doctor, I took his word for it and did as he said!

Beauty17
05-05-2006, 09:30 AM
I was thinking about the big dog, too - and how maybe you should report that the dog is off his chain often. Are there ordinances in your area? If you can't speak to the family directly, maybe you could just speak to the authorities. It isn't right for someone to ignore safety laws - I know that I have been badly bitten by dogs, and I am wary of dogs off leashes, so I am very sympathetic to your situation. I think that dog owners should realize that their dogs can be a possible threat to others - even if they don't think so.

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
05-05-2006, 08:09 PM
The dogs owners are kinda friends of the family's and I would really not know what to say in a way that wouldn't maybe offend them. The dog is usually on his leash but he breaks his chain all the time and always comes over here for some reason. There is no law or anything around here about dogs on leashes or anything and the dog hasnt bit anyone so really all I could do is talk to the owners. She seems like a good dog but she is big and still a pup so she isnt trained at all. Maybe I should talk to them about it, I think I will.

rg_girlca
05-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Well Marie, if they are friends of the family, then they should understand the fear you have now of being outside with Caramel and I don't see how they could be offended. She did come over to see if you were okay and was sorry about what had happened. So she seems that she could be reasonale. I also think your friend should invest in a much stronger chain if their dog keeps breaking the ones he has now. Is there any way that a fence could be built? Is this dog chained up all the time? Does he get enough attention from the family? (Sorry for all the questions.)
Since he is still pup, I don't think he meant to do any harm to Caramel. It sounds like he just wanted to play.

I hope you do talk to your neighbour and hope that some kind of agreement can be arranged. I just hate the thought of your poor kitties having to stay inside when they are use to having some pleasure being outside.

Please keep us updated, okay. :)

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
05-06-2006, 09:04 AM
He is just a pup and is easily excited! He only goes out on the chain for maybe 2 hours a day and not a steady 2 hours, it is broken up throughout the day. They love the dog to death and it is the wife that is the one that called to see about how I was but the husband is a bit of a dink lol. I will say something to them though and they really should have a stronger chain! The dog is not at all mean or cross just playful and he likes cats but Caramel was to scared to notice that! The problem is also that sometimes the man brings the dog out with no leash and plays around the yard and if the dog senses someone in our yard he comes right over! A fence really wouldnt stop him because they are on a hill behind us and he would see the cat and then run down the street and come in from the front lol! I will for sure talk to them or get dad to talk to the man because he somehow is able to calmly do so when no one else can!

I'll keep you posted!

PS- My arm is great, all you can see are the punctures now and they are healing! Almost done the antibiotics too!!! YEA :)

Grace
05-06-2006, 12:38 PM
PS- My arm is great, all you can see are the punctures now and they are healing! Almost done the antibiotics too!!! YEA :)

I'm delighted to hear this - such a relief for you, and for all of us.
:)

orangemm
05-06-2006, 02:06 PM
I am so glad you are better. Animal bites and punctures can be dangerous (as you found out the hard way) and now we all know we should seek medical treatment immediately.

Yes, by all means, talk to your neighbors. Tell them how you feel, that Caramel is frightened, and that you don't want any more injuries!

Keep eating that yogurt! ;)

rg_girlca
05-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Oh please do keep us posted and I'm so happy to hear how well you have healed up. :)

smokey the elder
05-07-2006, 07:30 AM
You may wish to suggest to your neighbors that the pup get some obedience training. I'm glad you're feeling better!