PDA

View Full Version : The party that almost wasn't!

Laura's Babies
05-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Eddies 44th birthday was in April. Thank God He spared his life so we still have him. It is one year ago today that he was in that explosion and it has been a hard day for me as his Mother. I just hugged these pictures and cried when I got them TODAY! It is such a weepy day for me, so emotional to think how close I came to not having him... I had to miss the party because I was on the boat working which makes me even sadder. The first is a picture of Eddie with one of his gifts (you have to know Eddie to appreciate his pleasure at getting a gift like this.... He STLL LOVES TOYS!) The second one is Eddie with 4 of his Angels that saved his life that day that came to his birthday party.

To me, he is beautiful in these pictures.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Birthday2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Birthday4.jpg

Donnaj4962
05-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Laura.... I think I had just joined PT when the accident happened, and I have learned more about it through posts that I have found. I know that He was looking out for you and your loved ones! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I can only imagine the pain and suffering that you and your son have gone through in the past year! God Bless you both.

Jadapit
05-04-2006, 04:01 PM
I cant imagine what you and your family must have gone through. Thank God your precious son was spared. They are always are babies no matter how old they are. I can NOT even imagine my life without my sons.

carole
05-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Eddie has been a huge inspiration to us all, he is truely amazing, and i can only imagine how you must feel today, so proud, so emotional, i hope he has a wonderful birthday with many more to come and hold your head up high mama, you have raised a wonderful lad there. HUGS and happiness to all of you. :)

Laura's Babies
05-04-2006, 07:08 PM
They called just awhile ago... She has seen some of the bills on him. :eek: :eek:

That first Epicel surgery when they did his upper torso, $75,000 and the other two were $45,000. We knew it was expensive but had no idea how expensive. (Epicel is skin, grown in a lab from cells from his own body.) His first bill at the hospital (for the first month) was $330,000.00..

That MSRA infection has showed it's ugly self back up in his body so he is on treatment for that again and his days now are FULL of going here for this treatment, going there for that, go back waaaaay over here for something else. A full time job of him being on the road keeping up with doctors, physical therapy, whirpool baths and attending all the things set up for him by the doctors. His healing has become even more a full time job for him in running all over the place. The best news is that he hasn't had ANY pain killers for a LONG time and they are stopping a lot of the other medicines he has been on this last year.

His wife said today has been a hard day for her too, said she keeps remembering one year ago today how her life was changed and all the events of the day...

AbbyMom
05-04-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm so pleased to hear Eddie is still on the way to full recovery. The MSRA is nasty, yes, but he already knows how to beat that back. It's a matter of time and he knows that he has the patience. Regina, too, bless her heart.

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
05-04-2006, 08:39 PM
What a great story, he looks so happy in the pictures :)
I'll pray that everything goes well and that he beats the MRSA.
What a fighter!

Corinna
05-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Every time I see the pictres of Eddie and His Angels I get LES