PDA

View Full Version : Andy booked our Honeymoon!!

ramanth
05-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Andy has rented a cabin in the Smokey Mountains for 3 nights!! :D :D

Cabin - Tina Marie's (http://www.diamondrentals.com/rentals/property.asp?strUnit=52)

The plan is to leave early Monday morning and check in to the cabin by late afternoon/early evening.

We're planning to do some site seeing, horseback riding, hiking in the Smokies, and shopping. As well as taking much advantage of that hot tub and jacuzzi. ;) *laughs*

Monday night is Gatlingburg's Midnight Independence Day Parade, so that may be worth checking out if we're not too whooped from the drive....and "playing". :p :cool: :D

After checking out on Thursday, we'll either putz around Gatlinburg, or hit the road right away and tour Tennessee and Kentucky on the way back. Maybe even swing off the beaten path and go to Mammoth Caves.

Nothing is set in stone which I think will make it a great honeymoon. We'll just go where the wind takes us.

*happy dance*

finn's mom
05-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Wow, look at that view! Looks like a great place to relax and enjoy eachother and nature at it's finest. Beautiful!

BitsyNaceyDog
05-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Yay, Kimmy! That's so exciting.

king2005
05-04-2006, 11:26 AM
How exciting :)

Karen
05-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Sounds great!

lv4dogs
05-04-2006, 11:35 AM
The cabins look beautiful! I'm sure yous will have a great time!

Jadapit
05-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Wow, looks like a beautiful place for a honeymoon!!

Killearn Kitties
05-04-2006, 11:38 AM
It looks absolutely beautiful! What a wonderful place to spend a honeymoon. I hope the view from your hot tub is as good.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-04-2006, 11:40 AM
How cool! :cool: I hope the weather turns a little cool for you one evening so you can have a fire going....while you sit in the outside hot tub taking in the beautiful view!

I like the rest of your trip plans too. Sometimes spontaneous turns out to be way more fun than totally planned. :D

ramanth
05-04-2006, 11:45 AM
How cool! :cool: I hope the weather turns a little cool for you one evening so you can have a fire going....while you sit in the outside hot tub taking in the beautiful view!
Me too!

Andy's co-worker rented a cabin through a different company and gave Andy information on it. They shut off their fireplaces for the summer. :(

I scouted around online and found a few other companies I liked and Andy picked a cabin from one of them. As far as we know they don't turn off their fireplaces. Even if the one inside is off, I have a feeling we can use the outside one. :D

Pam
05-04-2006, 12:13 PM
C :cool: :cool: L! I don't think Dollywood is very far from there. Maybe a side trip would be fun. I agree that a vacation without a tight itinerary is the way to go! :)

lizbud
05-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Wow, looks like a beautiful place for a honeymoon. :)

Lori Jordan
05-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Looks great you both will have a great time!!!

pitc9
05-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Kimmy, that is what Rick and I did for our honeymoon! It was great!!
We stayed in Sevierville, just north of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
We went to Dollywood when we were there; they have a HUGE enclosure of Bald Eagles that can't be released back into the wild.
Sevierville is FILLED with stuff. It's almost like looking down the Las Vegas strip! Restaurants, stores, shops, putt-putt, golf cart tracks, etc... all packed on top of each other. You had to drive everywhere.
We were leaving a 50's a resterant one night and found a kitty hanging around the dumpster, so I gave her my leftovers I was going to take back to the cabin with me! :D
We spent a few days in Gatlinburg and I liked Gatlinburg better!
I think I liked it better because it was smaller, and you could park your car and walk everywhere. We took a cable car to the top of a mountain there. Then up on top of the mountain was a place that had captive bears on display. It was sad, and I started crying so we had to leave. :(
There is a Hard Rock Cafe in Gatlinburg, Ripley’s Believe it or not museum, a huge Aquarium. (I think it was part of the Ripley’s Museum) it was GREAT!!
There is a good Mexican restaurant called No Way Jose also.
I can't tell you how great Gatlinburg was! I can't wait to go back!!

ramanth
05-04-2006, 02:02 PM
That's really cool Angie!

We'll be skipping the cable car thing as Andy does not care for heights. Dollywood might be interesting but we hadn't given that much thought. Andy was really interested in checking out the Ripley's Aquarium.

I think city wise we're going to stick to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.

Might have to check out that restaurant you mentioned. :D I love Mexican.

caseysmom
05-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Sounds really romantic and beautiful, what a lovely place to begin your life together.

luvofallhorses
05-04-2006, 02:34 PM
It looks great! :) I hope you two have a WONDERFUL time!! :D

k9krazee
05-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Wow, it looks awesome!!! :D Very exciting!

cyber-sibes
05-04-2006, 03:16 PM
looks like a beautiful place!

My Peanuts
05-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Every time you post about your big day I'm genuinely excited for you!

carole
05-04-2006, 06:02 PM
How serene and romantic, hope you have a wonderful time together. :)

Ginger's Mom
05-04-2006, 06:33 PM
It looks like a wonderful place to have a honeymoon, and just doing things as they come along is a great idea.

ramanth
05-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Thanks everyone! All of this is so exciting! Once June hits I'll completely freak out, I'm sure. *laughs*

ChrisH
05-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Looks and sounds wonderful Kimmy!

sandragonfly
05-06-2006, 09:50 AM
looks really relax - have fun, girl! :)

Alysser
05-06-2006, 10:42 AM
OMG! It sounds so beautiful and so exciting! I hope you have a wonderful time.

jazzcat
05-06-2006, 11:08 AM
You will be in my neck of the woods!!!! I'm about an hour away from Gatlinburg. We go there often.

Angie is right, there's tons of shopping and restaurants in Pigeon Forge. Also lots of go carts and mini golf. Gatlinburg is fun with the Aquarium and neat little shops. If you like candy try the Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen - my whole family's favorite. I almost always break down and get a caramel apple with nuts and hubby gets Rocky Road. :D

Hope you guys have a great time!