PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Castrated w/Scissors by Owner

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
05-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Ohhhhh I know, how could this be! It happened in Nova Scotia Canada. I couldnt find a link to the news report but the story went like this.

A man got 2 kittens, female and male black and white tuxedos from a woman who was giving away cats to a good home. The kitties were about 7 weeks I believe, and he decided to castrate (remove the testicles AND the penis) of the male cat with a pair of scissors he had laying around :eek:

The cat was unable to urinate and his bladder was filling up with waste and his kidneys were about to shut down. The girl kitten also had a terrible respiratory infection. When the cats were rescued the male cat was close to death, and the vet said that he was in a lot of pain and if he had not been saved he would have died a long painful, tortuous death :mad:

The kitties are both now at the vets hospital and doing well. The male kitty went through surgery to fix him up and insert a shunt so he can relieve himself. They believe he will need many reconstructive surgeries in the future and they want to fashion him a penis. They showed the little one's underside on the tv and he had a large scar on his belly and you could see the little tube that he is now forced to pee out of. I imagine he will forever have problems and especially with infection even after all the reconstructive surgeries.

The man accused denies that he did this and that "someone" else unknown to him must have. He says he didnt even realize there was somehting wrong with the cat :confused: :mad:

Thank goodness the kitties are in safe hands and doing better!!! There has been a tremendous out pouring of love, donations and willing adoptees but the SPCA says they will be very picky of who they give the cats to because they will both need a lot of care, especially the male.

I just want to add how cute these kitties are and I cried when I saw this. How could you do that to a little creature????? The poor little guy must have struggled and mewed so bad and then must have been in so much pain. :(
Thank God they are safe and I pray for them everynight!

Laura's Babies
05-04-2006, 06:17 AM
The things these wonderful blessings from God have to suffer by the hand of man! They need to do the same thing to HIM~!

critter crazy
05-04-2006, 06:30 AM
The things these wonderful blessings from God have to suffer by the hand of man! They need to do the same thing to HIM~!

I agree!! anybody have a pair of dull and rusty scissors????:mad:

Lori Jordan
05-04-2006, 08:36 AM
OMG that is sick!!!poor babies!

moosmom
05-04-2006, 08:45 AM
STUPID, STUPID IRRESPONSIBLE PET OWNERS!!!! UGH!! :mad:

king2005
05-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Hope they findout who did that to the poor fella. Glad that the vets are trying to help the little guy

pitc9
05-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Poor babies. :(
(sick bastard)

Miss Z
05-06-2006, 11:51 AM

Oooh dear, I think I would be hacking far more off him than he did on the kitten.

What a stupid STUPID thing to do. That story's really got me seething and I'm so glad both kittens were rescued in time. It makes me sick thinking that the human race causes so much suffering to the beautiful animals which make our world whole. I just wish the thought of what he has done rots inside him and sends him crazy as that's thoroughly what he deserves:mad: :mad: :mad:

The man accused denies that he did this and that "someone" else unknown to him must have. He says he didnt even realize there was somehting wrong with the cat

Oh, so he's not just a sicko he's also a complete DUMB@$$ aswell??? Some perfect day a giant tidal wave will come and wash all the people like him clean off the earth.:mad: Gawd, I could rant about this guy forever. I'm going to hug Tia to calm myself down.