PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Hear Of This Cat's Trial?

lizbud
05-03-2006, 07:26 PM
This is an ABC news story of a cat being put on trial for attacking
people.It is in the state of conn. Sounds strange.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1920066

Laura's Babies
05-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Real strange, never heard of a cat attacking people for no reason.

catmandu
05-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Is there no way Lewis can be kept indoors?

moosmom
05-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Yes, it was big news here in CT. The owner, an elderly lady, has been told to keep the cat indoors. When the media interviewed her, she said she couldn't understand why people would want to pet a strange animal. So, Lewis is destined to be an indoor kitty. I'm glad. Too many weird people, predators and stuff out there.

BC_MoM
05-04-2006, 12:10 PM
LOL! I have to laugh at that.. poor owner, poor kitty, poor victims!

Miss Z
05-04-2006, 12:33 PM
The neighbors said Lewis' long claws, along with catlike stealth, have allowed the cat to attack at least a half dozen people and ambush the Avon lady as she was getting out of her car.

That bit is almost hilarious! This has to be making a HUGE deal out of practically nothing, we aren't talking about a murderer here:rolleyes: . And yes, cats do have claws and have 'catlike stealth', it's in their nature, welcome to the real world, neighbours!

I also have to say that you couldn't possibly have a fair trial for a cat, unless there is someone who can translate meows and purrs into English:p .

I'm sure though that Lewis will adapt to life as an indoor cat very well:) and I really hope he is not PTS.

moosmom
05-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Don't worry Zara, they won't euthanize him. His owner would never allow that.

elizabethann
05-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Trial? Does the cat have to go to court? Poor thing. :eek: :(

catmandu
05-04-2006, 04:39 PM
If Lewis goes to trial and bites The Judge,then not even Perry Mason and Paul Drake could help him.

lizbud
05-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Don't worry Zara, they won't euthanize him. His owner would never allow that.

Donna,

Have you heard anything about making sure this cat is checked out
by a Vet? Could be lots of medical reasons for his behavior.

momcat
05-04-2006, 04:58 PM
I did hear on the news that there was a problem with a cat attacking people but didn't know it was going to trial. Oh, how I would love to be the paralegal assistant to the cat's attorney!!! There are attorneys who specialize in Animal Law. Will the trial be in Municipal or Superior Court? If it's Superior Court I can probably pull up the decision on the legal research web site at work. Should be interesting.....

moosmom
05-05-2006, 10:15 AM
He's been checked by the vet. There's no problem with Lewis. He's just very mischevious. He loves chasing the birds, squirrels, etc. The court ordered his owner to keep him indoors. I'm glad she decided against probation, as I would do anything to prevent him from being killed. I'll keep you posted when I hear anything.