PDA

View Full Version : Fan of Roller Coasters? Check out the famous "King Da Ka"

Alysser
05-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Have you ever heard of King Da Ka, Medusa, or Superman? Well, yes I live about 10 minutes away from Six Flags Great Adventure. Me, my mom, and my sister went to get our passes for this park activated and I thought I'd take some pictures.

Now, onto the real subject. King Da Ka is the tallest and fastest roller coaster IN THE WORLD! :eek: I think it's like 100 MPH and 400 something feet tall. :eek: Freaky, eh? I like roller coasters but I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE go on this one. :o EVER! They have ALOT of problems with this ride though. It breaks all the time and they have to do at least 20 ride test a day. I guess that's what you get.:rolleyes: Sorry, the pics are so big. If I resized them on photobucket they would have been impossible to see.
http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatadventure/rides/kingdaka.html
If your to chicken(like me) to check out the ride in real life. Watch the video. It's like being on it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/5306011.jpg
This is just the second hill.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/5306013.jpg
:eek: :eek: :eek:

animal_rescue
05-03-2006, 07:35 PM
OMG! I totally would ride that! That looks awesome, I love roller coasters though!

smokey the elder
05-03-2006, 08:06 PM
W :D W!! I'd be too chicken to go on that.

Chilli
05-03-2006, 08:11 PM
If I had a chance to ride it, I would be the first in line! :D I love roller coasters.

slleipnir
05-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Oh dear....now, I thought it was amazing Kay got me on the coasters in Florida...but I would NEVER go on that..............Man. We were on one coaster and it stopped at the top before going down this slope (which was nothing to that mind you) and there were bees flying around up there o_O

sammy101
05-03-2006, 08:18 PM
wow i would love to ride that!I love Roller Coasters :D The Superman one in San Antonio was a pretty awesome ride.

Alysser
05-03-2006, 08:23 PM
You can actually get up there without puking. :eek: Ok maybe thats kind of an excuse. ;) But I would never be able to. Maybe if you give me a million bucks. We should have a big ol' Pettalk meeting here so all of you could go on it. :p

Roxyluvsme13
05-03-2006, 08:24 PM
I get to ride Rollercoasters in D.C.!!! :D
I would so ride that one :p.

slick
05-03-2006, 08:28 PM
I prefer my guts to be inside my body, thank you very much. :eek:

GiantSchnauzer
05-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Whoa! That's one steep hill. I love coasters but I dunno if I'd be brave enough for that.

Sirrahsim
05-03-2006, 10:14 PM
that one looks ALMOST as awesome as Millenium at Cedar Point in Ohio :D :D I know that King Ka Da beats it by a few feet, but I am a definate Cedar Point fan!! :D

Lobodeb
05-03-2006, 10:50 PM
OMG!! Where do I sign up? I'd be on that in a heart beat!

Suki Wingy
05-04-2006, 12:25 AM
I get soooooooo bummed every time I think about roller coasters. :( I think they are SOOO fun, until i get so sick I almost black out and throw up. :( I rode Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America because I live about 30 minutes from it and it was like having a migrane and a sevire flu at the same time while flying through the air.

cloverfdx
05-04-2006, 01:26 AM
That looks uh..... sickening lol :o. There is no way in the world that anyone would get me onto that.

We are going to Movie World and Dream World on the Goldcoast (Queensland, Australia) in about 3 weeks time and i am having ride issues with that, we are definitely going on the following rides though.

http://www.movieworld.com.au/rides_attractions/ride_details.cfm?ride_id=6

http://www.movieworld.com.au/rides_attractions/ride_details.cfm?ride_id=5

& these

http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/standard3big5.asp?name=BigFiveThrillRides

king2005
05-04-2006, 07:52 AM
I can't even go on the small ones, so there would be no way on earth I would ever go on that.. ekk!

Lobodeb
05-04-2006, 08:37 AM
I rode Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America because I live about 30 minutes from it and it was like having a migrane and a sevire flu at the same time while flying through the air.
I forget your here in Chicagoland. :o
I LOVED Raging Bull!! Gawd, that coaster was awesome!!! It's one of my favorites. My all time favorite are Fire & Ice at Universal Islands of Adventure. Both of them scared me good. I loved it! :D

lv4dogs
05-04-2006, 09:15 AM
That looks awesome! I LOVE rollarcoasters!!!
I only live about 45 minutes from the six flags in NY, they have the superman there & I love it, although it also breaks down often. I don't ride it too much because it breaks down so often, I am VERY scared of heights and if I were to ever get stuck at the top I am not kidding you I probably would die of a heart attack. And even if I lived I can tell ya right now that I would NOT be able to walk down.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-04-2006, 09:16 AM
I'm a complete jessie - I hate the things!!!

finn's mom
05-04-2006, 10:50 AM
I'd ride it, but, I'd cry the entire time I was in line. I do that with all roller coasters or anything high up. I'm terrified of heights, but, I've always had fun once I'm on the ride and done with it. ;) I prefer sky diving, because you don't get that feeling that your stomach is in your throat when you sky dive, and, it's just a much more comfortable "ride." I scream like a banshee on roller coasters, I always lose my voice for several days afterwards. That looks terrifying.

ramanth
05-04-2006, 11:21 AM
that one looks ALMOST as awesome as Millenium at Cedar Point in Ohio :D :D I know that King Ka Da beats it by a few feet, but I am a definate Cedar Point fan!! :D
DITTO!!

I remember when Magnum XL200, Raptor, and Millennium Force were brand new. :D

My family would camp at Camper Village there in Cedar Point and we'd wake to the screams. ;) *laughs*

I love rollar coasters. I've been to a few other amusement parks but in my mind, nothing beats Cedar Point.

lv4dogs
05-04-2006, 11:34 AM
nothing beats Cedar Point.

I've been wanting to go there for years. Everyone I know says the same thing.

I so wish I had a little extra money now as Findlay is only 1.5 hours from it & they even offer doggy day care!!!!! Too bad I can't scrounge up another $150 or so (2 addmissions, 2 doggy day cares & another night at a motel). :(

Oh well, there's always next year I suppose.

My Peanuts
05-04-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm a huge coaster fan! As a matter of fact I'm a member of ACE (American Coaster Enthusiasts) I've been on many. I've never been on King Da Ka, but I have been on Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point many times. Dragster is basically the same ride but a little smaller. CP brought it out and a year or 2 later King Da Ka came out. Both are made by the same company. Dragster is 420 ft tall and 120 miles per hour. It's truly unbelievable.

If any of you are big coaster freaks like I am you have to go to Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH. If it's not a record breaker or truly amazing they don’t build it.

I will ride ANYTHING that this country makes. (I say this country because I'm not familiar with the laws that govern other countries on this matter, meaning safety standards.)

My Peanuts
05-04-2006, 11:45 AM
DITTO!!

I remember when Magnum Force, Raptor, and Millenium were brand new. :D

My family would camp at Camper Village there in Cedar Point and we'd wake to the screams. ;) *laughs*

I love rollar coasters. I've been to a few other amusement parks but in my mind, nothing beats Cedar Point.

Have you been on Dragster yet? It's great!

BTW, I hate to be a coaster nerd, but it's Magnum XL200 and Millennium Force :p You kind of crossed the two :p

Miss Z
05-04-2006, 12:49 PM
OMG, you would have to give me something very tempting to get me on that! I'm not too bad with rollercoasters, but gawd those ones are huge! I dunno if I'd dare:p

Here are some scary coasters in Britain
Oblivion; this has a massive vertical drop which goes underground. Chickened out on this one, as it stops for some awful seconds as it hangs over the edge, then plummets down. That's just evil:p ;) .
http://www.americanmidway.com/pictures/AltonTowers/oblivion1.jpg

Rita Queen of Speed; I think it can get up to 100mph on this one. It's totally awesome.
http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/rides/ugland/rita17.jpg

The Pepsi Max, also called the Big One; with a massive drop, it's gut-wrenching but brilliant!
http://www.worldphotolocations.com/images/locations/the_big_one1.jpg

LOL, they're the only ones I can think of right now, British ones aren't quite as amazing as the American ones but they're scary enough for me!!!:p

luvofallhorses
05-04-2006, 01:01 PM
I think I would go on it. :)

Suki Wingy
05-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Grr. See, my problem is I'm NOT scared of it, just sick.

ramanth
05-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Have you been on Dragster yet? It's great!

BTW, I hate to be a coaster nerd, but it's Magnum XL200 and Millennium Force :p You kind of crossed the two :p
I knew that sounded wrong but was too lazy to double check. D'oh!! :o :o

I have not been on Top Thrill Dragster but it's on my list. The line was just too long the last time we visited for a day.

caseysmom
05-04-2006, 03:17 PM
We have a medusa at the six flaggs about an hour from here, my kids go on it all the time and I really want to but I am really afraid I would have a heart attack, I am really afraid of heights.

Alysser
05-04-2006, 03:20 PM
:eek:
That looks awesome! I LOVE rollarcoasters!!!
I only live about 45 minutes from the six flags in NY, they have the superman there & I love it, although it also breaks down often. I don't ride it too much because it breaks down so often, I am VERY scared of heights and if I were to ever get stuck at the top I am not kidding you I probably would die of a heart attack. And even if I lived I can tell ya right now that I would NOT be able to walk down.

That's another problem I have. OMG! I would never be able to get down. :eek: I can't believe how many of you would eben dare go on that! :eek: I wouldn't EVER.

Alysser
05-04-2006, 03:22 PM
We have a medusa at the six flaggs about an hour from here, my kids go on it all the time and I really want to but I am really afraid I would have a heart attack, I am really afraid of heights.

Our Medusa isn't that high. It's really fast though. I wasn;t to thrilled the first time I went on though. I was crying the whole time on line. :o

k9krazee
05-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Wow! I'd go on it! :D I used to be TERRIFIED of rollar coasters, I wouldn't even go on itty bitty ones, the first ever rollar coaster I went on was Millenium Force, my Uncle dragged me on it and we sat in the first car :eek: I was SCARED OUT OF MY MIND the entire time!! But once it was over, I was right back in line :p

ramanth
05-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Wow! I'd go on it! :D I used to be TERRIFIED of rollar coasters, I wouldn't even go on itty bitty ones, the first ever rollar coaster I went on was Millenium Force, my Uncle dragged me on it and we sat in the first car :eek: I was SCARED OUT OF MY MIND the entire time!! But once it was over, I was right back in line :p

That's similar to how my dad got my sister liking coasters. Wouldn't ride them, so he made her ride Magnum with him. Can't keep her off them now. :D

caseysmom
05-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Holy crap I compared the height on that with medusa...medusa is 150 ft that thing is 450 feet...I would seriously need to wear depends :eek:

Jadapit
05-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Holy crap I compared the height on that with medusa...medusa is 150 ft that thing is 450 feet...I would seriously need to wear depends :eek:

LMAO I probably would too. ;)

Lobodeb
05-04-2006, 04:20 PM

I literally LOL!!! My boss came running into my office to see what was so funny! :o

I didn't know what to tell her. Thanks a lot! :p