PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Jemi'

jesse_3
05-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Hey PT'ers. I have been SO busy with school, and the chances I get, I come on to PT. Well, I know that this should go into Dog Behavior, but I need help ASAP!!
Jemi' is being impossible. She refuses to poop outside, but she will pee outside. We have been training her, and training her, and training her! She just won't go outside. I stood outside for literally and hour, and she wouldn't go poop, but when we came inside, she went poop. I thought at first that she picked a single spot where she would always want to poop at, but it is not in the same spot..
Any suggestions for me? My dad is getting really short tempered, and is ready to move out because of the poop. She poops SO much...:(

I am here to also give an update on Jemi'. We are concerned because she was really skinny when she came here, and her backbone would really show. Well, she was picked on at her old home, so we thought that she didn't get to eat enough. Well, with two meals a day, she has lost weight, so we are thinking that she has tapeworm, or something. I have to keep a shirt on her because I am ready to cry, she looks so ill. The funny thing is, she doesn't act ill.
Also, her bones are not right. Her jaw is crooked, and her ankles bend in, and her feet kind of point out, her back legs are the same way, then her back has an enormous curve, it doesn't look right at all...

Sorry that this is so long. Thank you in advance for any suggestions!!
Steph and Jemi'

lv4dogs
05-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Oh my goodness, I'd get this dog to a vet.

She most likely has something medically wrong, either parasites, pancreatitis or many other things. This may also help with her potty training.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help, but with that many issues she really needs to be seen by a vet. I wish you the best of luck & please keep us posted.

Jadapit
05-03-2006, 03:20 PM
I agree with Sue, it sounds like she really needs to see the vet. I too wish you the best of luck please keep us posted on her.

dab_20
05-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I agree. Sounds like something could be really wrong with Jemi'. Please get her to the vet, Steph! I hope she's alright.

Pembroke_Corgi
05-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Oh my goodness, I'd get this dog to a vet.

She most likely has something medically wrong, either parasites, pancreatitis or many other things. This may also help with her potty training.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help, but with that many issues she really needs to be seen by a vet. I wish you the best of luck & please keep us posted.
I agree! I hope everything is ok. If she has a medical problem that may be what is making her so resistent to house training too.

Toby's my baby
05-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Bring her to Dr. Pierce asap ;) :D He's the best ;) lol. Hope Jemi' will be ok, but bring her to the vet! Update us soon! :) Good luck!

Alysser
05-03-2006, 06:26 PM
I agree with all the posts above! She needs to see a vet as soon as possible. I hope everything is ok! Please keep us posted on her condition.

jesse_3
05-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the luck everyone!
I forgot to say that my mom is calling the vet. We are definetely going to get her in. I have some pics of her legs, jaw, and back so it is easier to see what I am talking about...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/p2639db36f81d3c7fd7e2ecb456c59c11/ef285e75.jpg
I cut off her rear end, where her back really curves...

Front legs:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/p203fd965a56b1b51c455e9bf5e50b497/ef286225.jpg

Back legs:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/p4b2519750e1771df0d6b7edde1ba885b/ef28678f.jpg
I couldn't get a good shot, and this is a little angled.

Jaw:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/p955ed09303e9f0e3dad5b8b4e0853312/ef285c97.jpg

The camera makes it look less drastic than it really is, and the camera adds "10 pounds" to dogs too. You can see the bones in her legs...
Once again, thanks for the luck everyone!!
Steph and Jemi'

lv4dogs
05-04-2006, 08:44 AM
What did the vet say?

Did she see the vet when you first got her? That is something that should be done even with the healthiest of dogs.

We'll be thinking of yous. good luck sweetie.

shihtzulover850
05-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Is She Okay.... What Did The Vet Say???? :( ;) :d

BC_MoM
05-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh no... :( Please keep us updated!! Poor Jemi!

Vela
05-04-2006, 11:54 AM
She does need to see a vet. She needs to put on weight but her back and legs look like she will be okay with some weight. It's not ideal conformation but not that uncommon in dogs who aren't bred with correct conformation in mind (oops litters and other dogs, etc). She looks to have what's called a roach back and it really won't harm her. Unless she is having trouble walking her legs probably will be fine as well. Her jaw looks like it may have been broken at some point, to be off to the side but again, if it's not causing her pain to eat then she will probably be okay with that too. My mom found a stray dog that had had a broken jaw that healed on its own and it was crooked but she does fine with it. It may be possible that her jaw is just naturally that way and actually gives her a cute little snaggle tooth. The biggest concern is her weight and parasite status. Both kind of go together so once the vet can figure that out the rest of her should be alright. Good luck and let us know how things go.

jesse_3
05-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Sorry to keep you all waiting. My mom is making me angry, and won't allow me to call the vet, she wants to, but "doesn't have the time yet..." I am going to somehow make her call tomorrow.
Vela, thank you for the information! That gives me more reassurance with her bones. I was so worried.

Did she see the vet when you first got her? That is something that should be done even with the healthiest of dogs.
No, I/we are still waiting for that. We have her vet records from the veterinarian she used to go to, and we will be bringing them in. My mom just doesn't understand the problems that are going on, and that we do need to bring pets to the vet right after we get them...

The really bad news is I think that Jesse, Sammy, and Jemi' have parasites by now. Jesse and Sammy aren't loosing weight, but they are pooping uncontrolably. Ugh, why can my mom not see that this is getting to be really hard to take care of if we don't get them in?

More bad news...Jesse bit Jemi' and almost hit both her eyes:( If she would have bitten any closer, Jemi' would've lost both eyes:( We are having so many problems with our pets. Sammy also has two bumps, one on her leg, and one on her ear. Jesse has some spots under her chin that a uneplainable. I am thinking that it is a skin condition though.

I am trying my hardest to juggle my mom, an overload of homework, babysitting my three sisters, and my pets medical problems all at the same time. I am getting about four hours of sleep at night, and I am ready to burn out.
Anyways, this is about pets, not me :o

Sorry to keep you all waiting so long!
Steph, Jes, Sam, and Jemi'

dab_20
05-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Steph I'm so sorry! It sounds like your having a really hard time right now with everything. I know how mom's can be, my mom won't take Sam to the vet because he ate my flipflop! :eek: I hope they all get into the vet, and I hope that your life calms down some! :(