PDA

View Full Version : WELL... I am 8 months along *today*

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Well according to my due date i am.

I have a doctors appointment today. They're just going to check the heartbeat and measure my tummy!! *rub*rub*rub* ;)

IM GETTTING SOOOO NERVOUS...

I think the reality of being a mommy is slowly setting in... :eek:

My Peanuts
05-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Won't be long now! :D

I can't wait for new baby announcements. Those are my favorite threads. :)

critter crazy
05-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Oh wow!! you msut be so excited!! I miss those days!! woohoo a baby soon!!!!

Samantha Puppy
05-03-2006, 12:07 PM
It won't sink in until you have him and they place him on your belly for you to meet for the first time. I swear, time stood still for those few moments. It was surreal. :)

Not much longer now!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-03-2006, 12:10 PM
It won't sink in until you have him and they place him on your belly for you to meet for the first time. I swear, time stood still for those few moments. It was surreal. :)

Not much longer now!!

GOSH you make me want to cry!! I *think* about meeting him for the first time... but I never *thought* about it like that before...

ARHGGHHG I really don't think i realize what all i'm in for. I wish I could quit thinking about it.... I feel like I scare myself thinking about it....

Samantha Puppy
05-03-2006, 12:20 PM
I hope not a bad cry! I know you're scared and nervous and all that - I was too (there'd be something wrong with you if you WEREN'T) - but after the shock of it all wears off, it really does get easier the more you two learn each other. Honest.

I think meeting them for the first time is the most exciting part. Up until this morning, I thought I might be pregnant again and all I could think about was the moment where they lay the baby on you and you make eye contact for the first time. Just thinking about it gave me shivers! I can't wait for it to happen again... It's addicting!! LOL

Cataholic
05-03-2006, 12:23 PM
What? No pictures of the belly for us???

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-03-2006, 12:41 PM
What? No pictures of the belly for us???

oh, on the contrary ;) ... i was gonna take some picturs this evening. :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I hope not a bad cry!

No... i don't think it is a bad cry.. I just hope i'm ready... not that I dont' think i am... it is just such a *BIG* thing to happen...

Russian Blue
05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
He'll be here before you know it (my friend just gave birth last night). And when you have him in your arms and even years from now you will wonder why you were so nervous with such a blessing.

Life is always full of surprises....all we can do is hang on and enjoy the journey. And look at all the mom experts you have here on PT! You have all the support you need. There is no doubt in my mind you will be a great mom!

:)

Samantha Puppy
05-03-2006, 01:00 PM
I am convinced that there is absolutely no way that you will be 100% ready for your first child. It is a huge life-changing event that you will not understand until you go through it, so how can you get yourself completely ready for it? The best thing about it is though, that once you're thrown into it you'll take to it like a duck to water. As you and your baby start to get to know each other, you realize that you really DO know what you're doing. So don't worry if you don't feel ready for it before it happens. I didn't!

Flatcoatluver
05-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Good Luck!!! A summer baby!!! I love having my birthday in the summer!!! :D

Uabassoon
05-03-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm excited for you! I know you are going to make a wonderful mom, you are such a sweet and caring person. I also think that you should really try to have him on May 25th :) That's a good day for a baby to be born!

Vela
05-03-2006, 02:23 PM
It is really scary. When I had my first one I has no idea how life would change, but honeslty, no matter how hard things have been at different times, I wouldn't take any of it back. As soon as you see that baby it relaly will be like time stands still for a minute. It's hard to explain but you will feel completely at peace. Congrat's on being almost done! It's a long road heheh.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Hmmm....8 months along means only 1 month to go! :eek:

I can only imagine how scared and excited you must be all at the same time. However, like everyone else, I know you will be the best mommy out there, so try not to worry too much. :)

Laura's Babies
05-03-2006, 05:09 PM
A year from now you will wonder if there really was life before him... It will be so much fun watching him explore his new world, discovering things for the first time, learning things... Such an exciting time!

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Thanks everyone so much for your supporting words.!!

I went to the doctor and she said everything is perfect... except I've gained a little too much weight. But *OH WELL* .. I don't know what else to do.. I don't eat a lot of fried foods and have almost completely cut out sweet tea and fruit juices.

I have decided on the name Alden... I just need a middle name.. I think i've chosen Chase.. .. I dont' know.. picking out a name is harder than I ever thought it would be...

a little over a month to go.. Hopefully he will be a good boy and not be late!! :)

Cataholic
05-04-2006, 08:18 AM
It is really scary. When I had my first one I has no idea how life would change, but honeslty, no matter how hard things have been at different times, I wouldn't take any of it back. As soon as you see that baby it relaly will be like time stands still for a minute. It's hard to explain but you will feel completely at peace. Congrat's on being almost done! It's a long road heheh.

I think that is EXACTLY what I felt. And, it isn't easy. AND, eh, some of it is really tough at times. But, it is awesome.

Where are the pics?

ramanth
05-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Ohhh!!! Exciting! And I want to see belly pics! :p :D

Cookiebaker
05-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Me too!! Pictures please. :)

Also, count me confooozed, but why does your counter say you have 56 more days, if there is only one month to go (and to my pea-brain) that is 30 days; or even less if it 4 weeks @ 7 days = 28 days? :o

Cataholic
05-05-2006, 08:49 AM
I can't remember the exact gestational period (shoot, you would think having delivered less than two years ago, I WOULD!), but, women carry for much closer to 10 months than they do 9...so, that might explain some numerical differences...40 weeks is not 9 months....

Samantha Puppy
05-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Yes, when you say you're 8 months along, you actually mean you're IN your 8th month (and you don't deliver until, technically, you're at the end of your 9th). It doesn't mean you've COMPLETED 8 months, it just means you're in the midst of that month.

It gets all messed up because as far as doctors go and everything, they start counting the baby's gestational age at (and therefore, get the due date from) the first day of your last period... which is actually approximately 2 weeks BEFORE conception.

It's confusing, I know, but the easiest way to explain it is that when someone says they're 3 months along, it just means they're IN it. Not done it. Hope that helps.

Lobodeb
05-08-2006, 10:21 PM
I agree with what everyone else said. You'll NEVER be 100% ready. It'll be hard at first. I won't lie to you. At first, I thought I'd made a mistake. He wouldn't eat, he wouldn't sleep, he wouldn't stop crying!!! I was dead tired, my body hurt from the c-section, it wasn't the same size it was before he came along, I've got skids on my stomach a mile long, my boobs hurt like the dickens, etc. Now, I can't imagine my life without him. He was worth every second and then some. It's a change for the better. My life feels like it has purpose now. He's growing and thriviving because of me! When he smiles at me, it's because he knows I love him.....ok, now I'm gonna start crying.

It's normal to be afraid. But like I said, every emotion you have now and after he's born is worth it. Talk about the gift that keeps on giving.

Ok, I'll stop now.