PDA

View Full Version : Graham could use some prayers

AdoreMyDogs
05-03-2006, 09:24 AM
We're off to the vet today. Graham's health is declining and so I'm taking him to the vet today. He has refused food, every day he's been eating less and less for awhile now, and this morning he refused all food, even a dog cookie and a piece of chicken. He wasn't eating well before Boone came home, but it's just been gradually getting worse every day. He seems fine otherwise, except that for the past 4 nights he's barked in the middle of the night needing to go outside for a poo. I have checked, and it's not diarrhea, he just has an urgency to go poo at 3-4 am which is unlike him.

So, if you could spare a thought for Graham, I'd appreciate it. I love that little boy so very much. He's only 12 years old, he should still have at least a couple good years left in him. I have also called the pet psychic about him, hopefully she's able to call today with the news after she's 'talked' to him. Wish us luck with the psychic and the vet, please. Oh and this is the same psychic I used for my cat, Minion, who was peeing in the house. Ever since his 'talk' with the psychic, he's been the model kitty, not going anywhere except his litterbox.

shihtzulover850
05-03-2006, 09:26 AM
I will be praying for him!! :D :(

lizbud
05-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Prayers on the way for Graham (cracker). I hope the Vet can find the
cause of his problems. Hope you feel better soon sweet boy. :)

Lori Jordan
05-03-2006, 09:32 AM
My prayers are with you!!!I hope graham pulls through!!

Cinder & Smoke
05-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Hi God ~

Your remember Graham don'cha?
The lil FurPup dat took a tumble offa porch to get away frum da repair guy?
Messed up his arm purdy bad - but You helped him get into therapy an he's
doing gud onna bum leg.

Well ... Graham's not feelin so gud these daze -
an he's going in fur a White Coat Check-em-Up tuday.
Kuld You *ride along* an Help wiff da Check?

Really 'preciate Your Help, God!

Tell Graham we sed *Hello* - been a while since we've seen him up in Mish-ee-gun.

THANKS God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

anna_66
05-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Leslie I'm very sorry to hear that your little man hasn't been feeling himself lately:(
I know how it is to get worried like this, but I'm hoping that the vet has a quick cure and he's back to his old self in no time.

Lots of hugs,kisses and prayers for your sweet Graham (and for you Leslie...I'm like Phred, I miss you too!)

lv4dogs
05-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Graham will be in my thoughts, as you will too. {hugs}

Sudilar
05-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Prayers on their way for Graham! Feel better quick, sweetie!!!

zoomer
05-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Poor guy:( Prayers are being sent Graham's way:)

4 Dog Mother
05-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Oh, Leslie, not Graham. I sure hope the vet can find a way to make him feel better. You are right he should have several more good years in him. And we miss you too.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-03-2006, 10:30 AM
We're all with you Graham

My Peanuts
05-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Graham will be in my prayers.

moosmom
05-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Leslie,

I'm glad that Min's problem is over with. I'm sorry to hear about Graham and will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Donna

Jadapit
05-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Graham will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

elizabethann
05-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Hope Graham is feeling like his old self very soon. Please keep us posted on his vet visit.

Ginger's Mom
05-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Prayers going out for Graham, and Hugs for you.

Karen
05-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Hugs for you and Graham, and prayers on their way. He's a love, that boy of yours.

bckrazy
05-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Aw, handsome Graham! Please get better soon, buddy. We're all praying for you here.

Alysser
05-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Prayers on Grahams way! And yours too. Feel better boy! ((HUGS))

k9krazee
05-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Prayers are definatley on the way for you, Graham!

Anita Cholaine
05-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Poor boy :( Prayers for him on the way for him...

ChrisH
05-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Poor boy. Positive & good thoughts and prayers on the way.
{{hugs}}
Chris

AdoreMyDogs
05-03-2006, 04:30 PM
OK here's the scoop with Graham:

The doctor checked him all over, blood sample, stool & urine samples. He found the stool to be fine, but there was blood in Graham's urine so he did an ultrasound and found a lesion on Graham's prostate. His other organs looked fine. He said this is rare in neutered males, but regardless, it could be the cause of Graham's problems. He prescribed antibiotics and pain meds. If the lesion is causing an infection, the antibiotics should take care of it...if after the 2 week dose of antibiotics shows no improvement, he will have another ultrasound to see if the lesion is showing signs of improvement. I hope it's just an infection and not something worse...I feel hopeful that the antibiotics will take care of it. I hope for the sake of Graham AND my pocket book that the 2 week dose of antibiotics take care of Graham...phew was it an extremely hefty price tag at the vet today!!! :eek: :eek: He's worth it, though, of course :)

Thanks for the sweet words...I read them all to Graham.

ParNone
05-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Prayers and positive vibes headed Graham's way. Hope those antibotics do the trick.

Par...

lizbud
05-03-2006, 05:47 PM
I hope the two drugs help Graham to get back to normal soon. I'm
looking forward to more pictures of the whole furry gang. :)

Pembroke_Corgi
05-03-2006, 05:51 PM
I hope the antibiotics work. Poor Graham! I'm hoping for a speedy recovery!

Cincy'sMom
05-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Lots of hugs for my Graham boy. Hope the antibiotics take care of things.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p7e5e348991fe6507580970334b0e82a3/fc50bd90.jpg

jesse_3
05-03-2006, 09:26 PM
We are so glad over here!!! We will be praying for Graham's quick recovery, and that everything clears up!

Steph and the gang

cyber-sibes
05-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Prayers and good thoughts for Graham on their way, hope he feels better soon. ;)

RobiLee
05-03-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm saying a prayer that the antibiotics is all he needs. Give that sweet boy a hug from me.

anna_66
05-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Well I'm hoping that the antibiotics will do the trick and that beautiful Graham boy will be back to himself.

Amy I'm so glad you posted that picture, he's such a sweet, sweet boy:)

captain
05-03-2006, 11:10 PM
{{{hugs}}} to you Graham, and hoping the antibiotics go down well!!! :D

shais_mom
05-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Poor Graham!
I hope he feels better asap!

pitc9
05-04-2006, 08:17 AM
You and Graham will be in my prayers!

elizabethann
05-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Hope the antibiotics does the trick.

Graham, I know how you feel. I'm on antibiotics too! Hopefully, our families will give us extra love & attention while we recooperate. Take care cutie pie! :)

shihtzulover850
05-04-2006, 10:24 AM
I hope they work poor Graham!! :( :D Give him a big grin for me :D

zoomer
05-04-2006, 10:38 AM
OK here's the scoop with Graham:

The doctor checked him all over, blood sample, stool & urine samples. He found the stool to be fine, but there was blood in Graham's urine so he did an ultrasound and found a lesion on Graham's prostate. His other organs looked fine. He said this is rare in neutered males, but regardless, it could be the cause of Graham's problems. He prescribed antibiotics and pain meds. If the lesion is causing an infection, the antibiotics should take care of it...if after the 2 week dose of antibiotics shows no improvement, he will have another ultrasound to see if the lesion is showing signs of improvement. I hope it's just an infection and not something worse...I feel hopeful that the antibiotics will take care of it. I hope for the sake of Graham AND my pocket book that the 2 week dose of antibiotics take care of Graham...phew was it an extremely hefty price tag at the vet today!!! :eek: :eek: He's worth it, though, of course :)

Thanks for the sweet words...I read them all to Graham.

Awww, Graham. I hope you feel better soon! :(

Rachel
05-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Hi, Graham, remember me? My name is Tucker. You came to my house and we were buddies and you taught me to lift my leg to pee. I can still do it (sometimes). Mom is upset because you aren't feeling well. You remember how much she loves you. About a year ago, I had to go to the hospital and they kept me overnight. I was sick like you, but I got better fast with the medicine that the docs gave me. When I was in the hospital I had an IV. I chewed it, so they put in my other leg. You are going to get better, just like I did.

Remember Hannah, she still thinks of you as her boyfriend. She thought that you would like to see a picture of her to cheer you up. Here it is. She said you can kiss it if you want and then you might feel better.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/2DogLuvR/Favorite%20Fotos/P7300021.jpg

Ginger's Mom
05-04-2006, 03:56 PM
What a beautiful picture of Hannah. I am sure it will make Graham feel better just to know she is thinking of him.