PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my friends family today please

lv4dogs
05-03-2006, 07:54 AM
There's a post I posted this morning, Fri, 5/5, at the bottom of this first page. I would greatly appreciate it if you could take the time to read it.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Troy, a friend of our family whom was our neighbor for years & years was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease about 4 years ago. He is such a magnificent person, always friendly & cheerful, willing to help anyone in anyway he could, as a matter of fact his entire family is the same way. He's only 36 years old with a beautiful wife & 2 small children, it's such a shame. He has been in the advanced stages for a little over a year now and has decided that this is the end of it. His tracheotomy will be removed this Friday at 4:00 pm, in the comfort of his home, where hopefully he will peacefully be sent to the heavens above.
If yous can please keep him & his family in your thoughts & prayers it would mean the world to me and I'm sure his family as well.

We knew this would be the day for a couple months now but as time gets closer it really is getting harder & harder. Why do these things happen to the best of people with so much ahead of them? :(

sandragonfly
05-03-2006, 08:05 AM
:( ..I don't know why.. if you ever figure it out, be sure to tell me.

troy and his families are definitely in my thoughts. I'm really sorry this has to happen, especially to a lovely loving family.

a gentle hug for everyone.

Jadapit
05-03-2006, 08:35 AM
Oh, how heartbreaking! :( You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

Pawsitive Thinking
05-03-2006, 09:09 AM
thoughts and prayers to Troy, his family and you :(

Catty1
05-03-2006, 09:12 AM
We had to make that decision with my sister recently, though the illness made its own decision in the end.

I am with that family.

The night before we might have to make the 'decision'(she came off life support so we didn't have to right then), I read up on some stuff where others had faced the same thing.

The one message I got is that we had to keep our own feelings out as much as possible and think of what was best for our sister/daughter.

Also, a gentle and wise nurse at ICU mentioned the difference between prolonging a life and extending a death.

I wish your friends all the best...

hugs
Catty1

Laura's Babies
05-03-2006, 09:19 AM
May his journey be peaceful and he be met by all his loved ones on the other side. Thoughts and prayers to you and his family.

No matter how long you know it is coming, it is still hard to let them go.

JenBKR
05-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Lots of prayers going out to Troy. That is absolutely heartbreaking, so young and with a family. I'll be sure to send lots of prayers for his family as well.

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
05-03-2006, 09:36 AM
What a hard decision to make and a difficult disease :(
My Grampy died of Lou Gehrig's and it was so sad to watch him suffer.
I will pray for Troy and his family.

lv4dogs
05-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Thank you for all the support & thoughts, please keep them coming, it's getting worse every minute. :(

lv4dogs
05-04-2006, 11:55 AM
This has got to be one of the hardest situations I have ever experienced.
I sent Troy some flowers & greenage yesterday so he can experience some of the "outdoors" (he LOVES the outdoors but is unable to go outside) before his journey begins. He really enjoys them but understandably so he has way more important things on his mind, his family. His children took today & tomorrow off of school to spend as much time with him as possible while they still can. The fact that he won't be able to be with his children is just tearing him up completely. I've been in tears many times lately, more & more as the time nears & here the tears come again.

He has just a little over a day left to live. It's so hard to believe that his death is actually planned. I could not imagine knowing I am going to die at a certain time, I can not imagine what he's going through. I feel so bad for him, more than any words could ever express.

I want to take the time to politely ask/remind yous to please keep him & his family in your thoughts &/or prayers. They need all they can get right now. Thank you PT'ers for your kind compassion.

Vela
05-04-2006, 12:00 PM
That's heartbreaking=( I feel really bad for your friend's family, and for you because it's hard watching someone go through something like that, I know. Prayers for the family that they can find some comfort in the fact that he won't suffer anymore pain and will be at peace. It's small comfort now but there is usually not that much comfort to be had for those left behind when things like that happen. I'm truly sorry.

BC_MoM
05-04-2006, 12:06 PM
How devastating. :( He sounds like a true man of God. May God bless you, Troy and his family, and may He help guide Troy through his journey in peace.

lv4dogs
05-05-2006, 08:58 AM
My heart hangs low today, I'm sure higher than others though. May we take a moment to realize how blessed we all are, to be able to be here, with the ones we love, the senses we can use & the power of many choices. We are so fortunate to have what many do not or will not have, please don't ever forget that.

I heard Troys horoscope this morning on the radio on my way to work. I about lost it when I heard what it was.
"Life isn't always easy, something tough is coming up, you will have to step up to the plate in a big way"

Troy, you certainly are special, a very kind & caring man. I want you to know that you have touched so many in a way no one else was able to. You are a very brave man & have always been so. You are loved by all that surround you & have touched the hearts of so many more. Thank you for being who you are and we will never, ever forget that. May your last hours be filled with as much love & joy as possible. May your journey to the heavens above be a peaceful one. You will always remain in their hearts & souls and will one day meet up with everyone again. We love you Troy, stay strong. May you soon be happy, healthy & whole again.

I ask of you all, with my all, if you could please think of Troy, his family & friends this afternoon at 4:00, hoping his passing will be purely peaceful and the ones he loves will have the most comfort possible. I thank you in advance, for being the wonderful caring people that you are. Now please go out & hug ALL of those you love, you may not get the chance to do so someday.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-05-2006, 09:08 AM
I ask of you all, with my all, if you could please think of Troy, his family & friends this afternoon at 4:00, hoping his passing will be purely peaceful and the ones he loves will have the most comfort possible. I thank you in advance, for being the wonderful caring people that you are. Now please go out & hug ALL of those you love, you may not get the chance to do so someday.

Will be thinking of you all at this devastatingly sad time...at least everyone who loves Troy has been given the chance to say goodbye. Going to go home and count my blessings........... :(

sandragonfly
05-05-2006, 09:09 AM
gosh .. no words.. :( must be very scary, knowing you're gonna die at a certain time. do you know if troy knows at all? :(

god bless him and all other devastating loved ones.

lots of thoughts today ..

Jadapit
05-05-2006, 09:17 AM
So sad! :( You are so right we all need to count our blessings and tell everyone we love them daily. Troy and his family are in my thoughts as prayers you as well. Are you ok? I'm sure this is very hard on you. I'm truly sorry. :(

lv4dogs
05-05-2006, 09:32 AM
gosh .. no words.. :( must be very scary, knowing you're gonna die at a certain time. do you know if troy knows at all? :(

god bless him and all other devastating loved ones.

lots of thoughts today ..

Oh yes he knows, which is what I would think would make it even harder. His brain is FULLY functional but he has no muscle control. He is the one who made this decision.

About 2 or so months ago he lost the last bit of movement in his finger to communicate (type). At that time the only body part he was able to move was his eyelids. The hospital loaned him a pair of $7000 eyeglasses, where he could communicate by blinking his eyes (the eyelashes would hit the glasses and type out messages on the comp. screen) He can barely even communicate that way now, if at all.

He has not eaten, breathed, anything of the sorts on his own in about 8 months or so.

That is so sad, knowing you are going to die. How horrible.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-05-2006, 09:36 AM
He is the one who made this decision

What a truly remarkable man he must be. God bless you Troy

lv4dogs
05-05-2006, 09:39 AM
So sad! :( You are so right we all need to count our blessings and tell everyone we love them daily. Troy and his family are in my thoughts as prayers you as well. Are you ok? I'm sure this is very hard on you. I'm truly sorry. :(

Oh Donna, thank you so much for thinking of me but as mentioned we truly are blessed. We must be strong to live this thing called life now-a-days. I am fine, well considering anyways, as fine as I can be but I'm counting my belssing here. Very sad & heartbroken but I am fine. It's the less unfortunate we must think of now. :(
Thank you again though sweetie.

Karen
05-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Sad knowing that you will die, but a relief knowing that your struggles will soon be over. The old song

Soon I will be done-a with the troubles of the world
The troubles of the world
The troubles of the world
Soon I will be done-a with the troubles of the world
I'm goin' to be with God

Do go gently into that good night, Troy. Our prayers are with you and your wife and children. My mother died of Lou Gehrig's disease, so I know how hard it is for your loved ones.

AbbyMom
05-05-2006, 12:20 PM
May we take a moment to realize how blessed we all are, to be able to be here, with the ones we love, the senses we can use & the power of many choices. We are so fortunate to have what many do not or will not have, please don't ever forget that.

Very good advice. Every time something goes wrong in life, I try to remember this and not to whine.

I will think of Troy today and keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Donnaj4962
05-05-2006, 01:19 PM
What a terrible situation, for Troy, his family and his friends. My heart goes out to all.

God bless him, and know that he and all of his loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.

lv4dogs
05-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Godspeed Troy. You will forever be remembered.

Daisy and Delilah
05-05-2006, 03:08 PM
((((((hugs)))))) :(