PDA

View Full Version : Me!!

king2005
05-03-2006, 05:15 AM
I have been working decently hard at loosing some weight. Lastnight I was told I looked average (in person) YAY! Now my Dr. can shove her chart, where the sun don't shine (she called me obese)!

So here are 2 pictures I took of myself with my new Digi :)

Pawsitive Thinking
05-03-2006, 05:18 AM
Wow! you look fantastic! Well done :D

king2005
05-03-2006, 06:24 AM
Wow! you look fantastic! Well done :D

Thank you :)
I think I've lost no more then 20 pounds since I've been on my own. My work pants don't fit anymore! I have to keep pulling them up :D I need to find an old belt as new pants are not an option :D

Pembroke_Corgi
05-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Great job!! You look great! :D

king2005
05-03-2006, 07:24 AM
Great job!! You look great! :D

The scary thing is that I see a lot of my sister in me & can now see why the nurses at the hospital thought we were twins :D I'm 3yrs older :D

How old do I look in the photos?? being honest

GoldenLuv
05-03-2006, 07:41 AM
tell your Dr to get bent :D

Rachel
05-03-2006, 07:46 AM

I would have said somewhere between 19 - 21. Then I checked your profile just to make sure I wasn't way off before I posted.

Congratulations on the weight loss. I would ask for your secrets but I do think that losing weight is a whole different ball game for those of us in the upper age bracket (aka old). You can thank yourself that you are doing this in the early years as every year older you become, the harder it gets.

king2005
05-03-2006, 07:50 AM
tell your Dr to get bent :D

I would have, but I was in shock from just hearing that word! She didn't realize that sure I was 180p & only 5'2, BUT I'm med sized boned (I have a bigger frame & thicker bones) & I have some muscle mass.. The lightest I can go is 140p, so being 40p over is just fat but not Obese.. But that made me angry, so I lost some weight anyways. Just now none of my shirts or work clothing fits lol

king2005
05-03-2006, 07:56 AM
I would have said somewhere between 19 - 21. Then I checked your profile just to make sure I wasn't way off before I posted.

Congratulations on the weight loss. I would ask for your secrets but I do think that losing weight is a whole different ball game for those of us in the upper age bracket (aka old). You can thank yourself that you are doing this in the early years as every year older you become, the harder it gets.

I'm not completely loosing weight by choice.. I don't have enough money to eat 3 times a day so I eat once a day & have a banana twice a day. Thats why I dropped 20p in 1.5 months... I need to get my Credit cards under control, before I can start to eat better.. so hopefully in about a years time, I'll be set :) unless I pick up a second job for the weekends (I'm already doing OT twice a week oi)

lv4dogs
05-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Great job Jess! I think you look great!

JenBKR
05-03-2006, 08:00 AM
Yay you posted them! You look adorable ;) and NOT FAT!

king2005
05-03-2006, 08:09 AM
Thanks Sue :)

Thanks Jen :)

I never felt fat, just not liked. The way I saw it is that I was able to run & do the things I like, so I wasn't too fat... Honestly I like a little meat on myself. My sister is an inch shorter then me, has the same frame & shes 100p.. I think she looks gross.. Sure shes active, but she could never walk a large dog as she has little muscle to her & she'd never do well i she had to walk really far as she has no fat to burn for energy... I can walk all day & not get tired. I've biked 70+km once & walked/hiked more then 30km several times (mostly during that blasted ice storm we had, as roads were closed & we had to feed my friends dog)

Pawsitive Thinking
05-03-2006, 08:29 AM
I have to say that I truly admire you - you seem so determined and strong now. Good on ya!!

Jadapit
05-03-2006, 08:33 AM
You really look great!! :D I dont think you look fat at all.

king2005
05-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Thanks everyone :)

I'm working on bringing up my selfestem (sp), as its quite low. Rob even called me fat :( He was the first person in my life to say that too me & felt he needed to tell me a few more times... I also hate being called pretty! I know I'm not & its very insulting to me & Rob always called me pretty & it hurt everytime & I'd remind him why it hurt.. I just wanted to be called cute cause that is what I want & know I am :D .

So I was called darn cute & Average lastnight (ok he called me sexy slim with curves & I made him change his mind to average hehe)... Happy Happy Happy!! & as you can tell I am happy cause I took photos of myself :D

Laura's Babies
05-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Being only 5'2, a 5 pound weight gain shows up on you a whole lot more than it does on a taller person. My sister is that height too and she has always had a problem with weight. I am 5'4 and I can gain 10 # and nobody notices it, she gains 10 # and everybody notices.

You also need to get out and walk on a regular schedule, walking takes it right off! When my son was first injured in that explosion last year and I stayed at the hospital for 7 weeks.. I ate like a horse and still lost 18 pounds, just from the walking!

I walked around in the park where I live everyday for a week and that took 4 pounds off without me even realizing it.

For clothes, can you afford Goodwill or garage sales? That is where I get the bulk of my clothes from. I prefer buying used so that I don't have to worry about them shrinking after they are washed... Get name brand for just a few dollars! ;)

king2005
05-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Being only 5'2, a 5 pound weight gain shows up on you a whole lot more than it does on a taller person. My sister is that height too and she has always had a problem with weight. I am 5'4 and I can gain 10 # and nobody notices it, she gains 10 # and everybody notices.

You also need to get out and walk on a regular schedule, walking takes it right off! When my son was first injured in that explosion last year and I stayed at the hospital for 7 weeks.. I ate like a horse and still lost 18 pounds, just from the walking!

I walked around in the park where I live everyday for a week and that took 4 pounds off without me even realizing it.

For clothes, can you afford Goodwill or garage sales? That is where I get the bulk of my clothes from. I prefer buying used so that I don't have to worry about them shrinking after they are washed... Get name brand for just a few dollars! ;)

I have a thing about walking alone. I do take Cyrus out on weekends, cause Rose & Francois go out & they leave Cyrus with me & will poke me if I don't take him for a walk :D I can outwalk Cyrus so that has to be a good sign as hes SOOO hyper :)

Right now I cannot afford anything (as in this month, I blew every penny I had on a digi camera.. I needed something to enjoy & taking pictures is a big part of my life)... I did keep all my thin clothing, but I'm still about a 36 or smaller (was a 38), but all my thin clothing is 33-31 :rolleyes: So my goal is to wear a belt for work & to wear shots when I'm at home.. I have those stretchy shorts, so they will last me until I get back to a size 33. I can't wit to go back into my old jeans! I have 20 jeans collecting dust right now & some nice pants & ummm short shorts lol ok they are short for me, but not butt showing short lol :D

I can't wait to see dad this xmas :D He's gonna drop his jaw :D I also plan to get back into working out to beef back up.. I miss being able to lift 100p

Miss Z
05-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Well done:D ! You've done a great job and are looking faaaabulous!!!:D

king2005
05-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Well done:D ! You've done a great job and are looking faaaabulous!!!:D

Thank you :D

Pembroke_Corgi
05-03-2006, 05:32 PM

The scary thing is that I see a lot of my sister in me & can now see why the nurses at the hospital thought we were twins :D I'm 3yrs older :D

I would say you look between 20-22.

carole
05-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Jess well done, and you look very cute, you have a very sweet young looking face, as long as you are comfortable within yourself to heck with anyone else, doctors are always very strict with weight issues, if you don't fit into the scale on their chart, you are considered obese, not that they take into count your age or build or anything only your height, i too am the same height as you.

I am concerned you are not eating three square meals a day though, honestly hon, you really need to for your basic nutrition needs and health and well being, it horrifys me to think of you being hungry like that and not eating properly, that just should not be.I am worried about you.

Great to hear you sound so positive in your threads too, it sounds like Sean (hope i got the name right) is really good for you, TAKE CARE. :)

chocolatepuppy
05-03-2006, 07:15 PM
My work pants don't fit anymore! I have to keep pulling them up :D

Isn't that the greatest feeling? Congrats on your weight loss! :D

caseysmom
05-03-2006, 07:19 PM
The more I hear about Rob the happier I am you got away from him. You were never fat, I am overweight and it sure doesn't help to hear someone say you are fat...

You are very cute and prettieness is in the eyes of the beholder so if your new guys calls you pretty he probably really thinks you are, don't get angry at him.

You have done great, just focus on your health and the rest will fall into place.