PDA

View Full Version : Porch Angels

catmandu
05-02-2006, 07:36 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Scan10060.jpg
Sdaly there are Porch Cats that I cannot help.
This is a tribute to 6 Cats that deserved better.

barncat
05-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Oh, but you DID help them. You cared annd there was food and they knew kindness. Not every life gets to be safe and long...but you gave these guys the gift of your compassion and that is a great gift even if it could not fix all that was wrong.

catfamily
05-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Poor things.The first one looks like he or she was hurting with that nose all horribly sore looking.Looks VERY bad.Painful :( Poor kittys that have no homes.It's so very sad.

G535
05-02-2006, 08:08 PM
You did your best for them, that's all anyone can do, unfortunately there are just too many homeless cats. :(

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
05-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Ahh Gary you did your best but there is only so much one person can do :(
You gave them love and food when they needed it and thats probably the only kindness most of them got.
You do a great job with all the porch kitties :)

rg_girlca
05-02-2006, 10:48 PM
I agree with the others Gary. At least they went to the RB knowing that they WERE loved and that you cared for them. You did help them Gary, in more ways than you'll know.
Who do you think they will be waiting for when the time comes, you Gary.
Like you always say, "One fine day."

Rest in Peace precious ones, you were loved by the best and will never be forgotten.

CultureJunky
05-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Luckily where I live, there aren't any stray cats or at least I haven't seen any, all the cats I have seen have collars and are well fed and have homes.
However around my mum's there is a gang of about 5 cats that take it in turns and eat Doris' (my mums cat) left overs, which as she's a 16 year old fuss pot is quite a lot sometimes!
I'll try and get some pictures of them next time I'm there.
I think as long as you show compassion to strays and give them some attention and a bit of food they pretty much survive reasonably well.
There was one cat a black and white long haired cat we called Whitey that came around my mums for about 5 years and we fed her every day. At the time we didn't know it was a girl.
Unfortunately, she was out the front garden and a pit bull came along and savaged her. We put her in a box, I had a look and she was covered in blood and I instantly knew she was badly injured. I took her to the vets and the RSPCA kindly paid for her fee to be put to sleep. She had had her rib cage crushed and her stomach was badly severed and ripped. So I had to sign a paper for her to be put to sleep which was very heartbreaking.
But I'm glad that she was out our garden and we fed her all that time, cause we did grow to love her, and we were very sad when she died.
I will dig out a picture of her and post it as a tribute :(

catmandu
05-03-2006, 09:34 AM
If I had taken Nugget in when he first showed signs of illness he may still be with us.
But I know that he had a Family as a Lady called him Lucky and said he was her Cat.
The way that Nugget stayed around the last 6 Months should have made me realize that he had been left behind.
I am truly Sorry Nugget,Old Friend.
The Porch is empty without you,and I still expect to see you sleeping on the Chair waiting for Dinner.
I will see you and we can be Friends again.
One Fine Day.

Beauty17
05-03-2006, 09:37 AM
I am sorry for your sadness. It comes from a kind heart. You did the best you could for these feline souls, and I know they were grateful.