PDA

View Full Version : Poisoned Water at Schools in Seattle

zoomer
05-02-2006, 06:09 PM
There is poisoned water at schools in Seattle, WA... my area :eek: Our water has not been tested and I am praying our water isn't doesn't have poison in it... I drink from the water fountains at school all the time... and if I'm poisoned....eeeeekkkkk. Anyway, please hope my school's water isn't poisoned!

LeahMM
05-02-2006, 06:15 PM
So far it's just the Seattle school district. The Arsenic level limit is 10 parts per billion and they found between 11 and 18 in just one school. They have since shut the water off to the schools and will provide bottled water. I dont think you have anything to worry about in Renton.

Lady's Human
05-02-2006, 06:29 PM
One, the water isn't poisoned. Arsenic occurs naturally, and can be found in trace amounts in just about every metal product in existence. The SEATTLE schools had just put in new fixtures, and in some cases the water had been stagnant in the pipes for a while. They are looking at that as the probable cause. 10 years ago, the amounts found wouldn't have even been reported, because they are far below the amount you would have to consume to cause harm. The EPA recently lowered the amount of arsenic allowed in potable water from 50 to 10 PPB. (parts per Billion)

zoomer
05-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Seattle is rather close to Renton... maybe not even a 1/2 hour away...