PDA

View Full Version : Your School Mascot(s)?

sandragonfly
05-02-2006, 04:36 PM
hey, school is all about animals too! :D what was your high school (and/or) college mascot(s)?

my two high schools I went to, for first two years was cobra (silver and maroon) and last two years at other, eagle! (black and orange) ..

and two colleges, owl (red and black) and now, tiger! (orange & brown) .. agh. :)

so, cobra, eagle, owl and cobra .. I wonder how did it all started, naming school an animal - anyone know?

Karen
05-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Sigh - my high school teams were "the Pirates" no animals involved. And if Mass Art ever had a mascot, no one ever told me! We didn't even have gym, never mind sports teams.

IRescue452
05-02-2006, 04:53 PM
My high school was the mustangs and my college is the muskies- most people from out of state don't understand that a muskie is a very big, strong game fish, they're just like "a fish for a mascot!".

dab_20
05-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Ours isn't an animal sadly. Charles Lindbergh lived in my town so our team is the Flyers. Our mascot I guess would be a plane. It's the same mascot from elementary to high school.

Roxyluvsme13
05-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Ours is a Tophat..
We're the Toppers :rolleyes:

dogzr#1
05-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Well I am still in Middle School, but our mascot is a MUSTANG! Go Mustangs! lol

animal_rescue
05-02-2006, 05:01 PM
My catholic school we were simply "The Saints" and at my high school we're "The Wolves". I love wolves so it's pretty cool to see decorations all around.

kuhio98
05-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Our High School mascot was a Thunderbird. A mythical, native American bird with a sort of Alaskan Indian slant.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/TBirds.jpg

lvpets2002
05-02-2006, 05:08 PM
:) High School was the Lions maroon & black..
:o College was the Coyote gold & black

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
05-02-2006, 05:13 PM
High School was the Tommies and the mascot was a cat ;) Green & Gold

University was the Dalhousie Tigers and the colors were Black and Gold

The University I go to now is just the University of New Brunswick Varsity Reds! The colors are Red and Black!

Chilli
05-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Our mascot is the Redskins. :o Not very animal-like!
I think our colors are red and black? or red and white? One of those! :D
And though I'm not in college, my sister is. And theirs is the Indians.
Something about this part of Arkansas and Indians seem to go together.

ParNone
05-02-2006, 05:39 PM
We were the "Oilers" for High School, so our mascot was an Oil Derek and a guy dressed up like a Roughneck, wearing a hardhat and carrying a wrench.

My college mascot was the "Cougar". While I was there, we actually had a live cougar, named "Shasta". She was gorgeous. You could see her in her habitat on campus as you walked to certain classes. They later decided that wasn't humane, to be dragging her around to games and having her housed on campus, so they switched to a guy dressed up as a cartoonish Cougar, but he's still known as "Shasta". Which is kewl cuz her memory still lives on. Go Coogs! Eat'em up! Eat'em Up! Rah! Rah! Rah! <waving my hand in the cougar paw formation as I cheer> :)

The mascots down here are always real personalized. Every Longhorn at UT is named Bevo. The Rice Owls are all Sammies. The Collies from Texas A&M are all Reveilles. I've always loved the story of Reveille, even though I'd never consider being an Aggie, even with such a great mascot as a Collie. :)

The Aggie band smuggled a small malnourished Black and White dog into their dorm, that they found on a Corps trip. The next morning she was found, because she barked to the morning reveille, hence the name.

The current mascot, Reveille VII, is a Collie, just as Reveille II-VI were. Reveille I-VI are currently buried in front of Kyle Field, facing the scoreboard (so they can watch their Texas Aggie football team outscore the opponents).

Par...

Pembroke_Corgi
05-02-2006, 05:41 PM
My highschool was "the Clippers" which is some kind of ship/boat.

I attended the University of Northern Iowa which was the Panthers, and the University of Iowa, which is the Hawkeyes- both animals (although Herky the hawk is kind a human/animal hybrid. The mascot walks around sometimes around campus and gives people crap. When we were students he threw away Eric's gym shoes!)

Suki Wingy
05-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Well I am still in Middle School, but our mascot is a MUSTANG! Go Mustangs! lol
My middle school was too! The Maple Mustangs~ ugly blue and orange
My highschool is the GBN Spartans~ green and gold *pretty!*

University of Iowa, which is the Hawkeyes- both animals (although Herky the hawk is kind a human/animal hybrid. The mascot walks around sometimes around campus and gives people crap. When we were students he threw away Eric's gym shoes!)
When my dad went back to visit IA City he coplained of all the Herkys "Littering" the sidewalks :p

Pembroke_Corgi
05-02-2006, 06:31 PM
When my dad went back to visit IA City he coplained of all the Herkys "Littering" the sidewalks :p
Yikes! I know, they were around for quite a while. Then the university sold them- for $3,000 dollars a piece!! :eek: I can't believe anyone would pay that much for those things...

zoomer
05-02-2006, 06:33 PM
My school's mascot is the Grizzly Bear. Some other mascots for schools in my area that I know of are...

Bob cats
Huskies
Panthers
Cubs

Alysser
05-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Elementry School-Stallions! :D
Middle school(which Im in now)-Hornets. :rolleyes: EW!

Cincy'sMom
05-02-2006, 06:53 PM
High school wasn't a animal...we were the Black Knights
College was an animal, but not a common one. Te mascot is a Bearcat, hence Cincy's nickname, Roly-Poly-Cincy Bear

k9krazee
05-02-2006, 06:58 PM
The Bulldogs! :D Our colors are Red and Blue. And, the funny this is, I'm going to Ferris State in the fall and guess what their mascot is?! Yup, Bulldog :cool: :D

chocolatepuppy
05-02-2006, 07:45 PM
My high school mascot was a yellowjacket, our colors were blue and gold. Then we consolidated with another school and we were the Vikings and our colors were scarlet and grey. :)

sammy101
05-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Middle School-Cougars. colours were red & white
High School-Mustangs colours are navy blue & white

how original :p

BitsyNaceyDog
05-02-2006, 07:58 PM
The Bulldogs! :D Our colors are Red and Blue. And, the funny this is, I'm going to Ferris State in the fall and guess what their mascot is?! Yup, Bulldog :cool: :D

MY high school mascot was a Bulldog too. Our colors were maroon and gold. :)

cocker_luva
05-02-2006, 10:49 PM
my high school was the Batavia Bulldogs! yipee!

http://page.bps101.net/web/t1240/music/images/bulldog.gif
its in bad focus, but heres the mascot

Kfamr
05-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Seahawks, Panthers, & then Spongers.

2 animals, 1 human. ;)

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-03-2006, 12:05 AM
First school was the "Alligators" but then they changed it to something else, I can't remember what though. The colours were yellow, green & white. Second school was the "Elks" with grey, red & black colours and my current school is the "Patriots" with a black panther as their logo...though, I'm not sure what a panther has to do with it...lol. Their colours are Red, Yellow-Gold and white.

MariaM
05-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Our colors are Green and Gold. We are the Saints, and our mascot is a St. Bernard named Barkley.

Sevaede
05-03-2006, 12:54 AM
I know you only asked for high school and college but my animal mascots were in previous years so I hope you don't mind if I share.

Sherwood Heights Elementary School: Panther - green and black
Centennial Elementary School: Blue Jays - blue and silver
Hamlin Middle School: Loggers - They have since changed colours to green and white
Sunridge Middle School: The Bucks - green and gold
Springfield High School: Millers - blue and silver
Pendleton High School: The Bucks - green and gold

I went to a couple more schools but they were very small alternative schools and, thusly, did not have sports teams. I wonder why I remember all of this considering that I don't even like sports. :confused:

LSU, which I may or may not be attending, has the colours of purple and gold. The mascot is a tiger.

Sirrahsim
05-03-2006, 03:27 AM
In high school I was first an Ambassador :rolleyes: (Christian school) wearing blue and gold, but then graduated from another school as a Skyhawk wearing navy blue, sky blue, and white :D
During my brief stay in college, I was an Ohio State University BUCKEYE!!
A poisonous nut!! woohoo!!! Go Bucks!! Scarlet and Gray !!
:D :D

Samantha Puppy
05-03-2006, 07:35 AM
No animals for me either. My high school mascot was a Cavalier (black and gold).

I didn't finish college but I did take classes for awhile and their mascot was a Mustang. But Josh went to a huge school and even though I didn't attend there, it's still my adopted school. He went to Virginia Tech so my boys are THE HOKIES!!!!

Goooooo Hokieeeeeees!!!