PDA

View Full Version : animal testing

lute
05-02-2006, 03:51 PM
someone on Myspace posted this on a group i'm on.

This is wrong to the highest level. Please help spread awareness of the animals that go through testing. It is not right and should be stopped. The following images are of animals that have been used for consumer product testing. They are graphic.

http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00003/82/08/3338028_l.jpg
http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00003/36/28/3338263_l.jpg
http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00004/86/53/4013568_l.jpg

i just can't believe anyone could do such a thing to ANY animal. :( :mad: :( :mad:

jackie
05-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Horrible pictures, but I don't think those animals were used for "consumer product testing".

Lady's Human
05-02-2006, 04:39 PM
I sincerely doubt that "consumer product testing " was the cause of those dogs' problems, being that most tests NEED healthy animals. The last pic looks suspiciously like it was clipped from one of PETA's anti fur crusades.

lizbud
05-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Horrible pictures, but I don't think those animals were used for "consumer product testing".

I doubt it too. I hate the using of animals to product test cosmetics,etc.
but something about these pics doesn't ring true to me.

Lori Jordan
05-02-2006, 05:31 PM
OMG that is horrible those pictures have more hidden behind them than you think!

caseysmom
05-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Even though this is in the dog house it needs a graphic warning imho.

K9soul
05-02-2006, 06:16 PM

I agree.. I opened it expecting it to be a post about it with possibly a link but I did not expect there to be graphic pictures posted right in it. I usually always avoid any links that people warn contain graphic photos because I cannot handle that kind of thing very well. I also agree they do not look like the results of "cosmetic" testing. Where in the world are those pictures actually from? They seem like pics used for shock value. I am not the type that needs to be made physically ill in order to know my stance on an issue.

lizbud
05-02-2006, 07:02 PM
I agree.. I opened it expecting it to be a post about it with possibly a link but I did not expect there to be graphic pictures posted right in it. I usually always avoid any links that people warn contain graphic photos because I cannot handle that kind of thing very well. I also agree they do not look like the results of "cosmetic" testing. Where in the world are those pictures actually from? They seem like pics used for shock value. I am not the type that needs to be made physically ill in order to know my stance on an issue.

Note to K9soul:

From Karen's post of March,2003

"The Dog House

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have created a new forum for any post that is in some way controversial, upsetting, or just makes us go eeeew! In it are threads about the war, debates and arguments about religion, patriotism and politics, and the recipe for "poop cake."

Those posts have been "sent to The Dog House." If you are easily upset, The Dog House is not a place you want to go.

K9soul
05-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Liz, if you have something to say to me directly please PM me. Thanks. I'm apparently not the only one who felt these graphic pictures posted here should have had more warning. You used to couldn't even post pictures in the doghouse, you had to link them. I thought there was a reason for that. Reading an article is different than looking at a gory graphic picture. I choose not to look when warnings are placed that there will be graphic pictures.

I didn't even say it shouldn't be here. I merely said I thought there should have been a graphic warning in the thread title.

elizabethann
05-02-2006, 08:03 PM

I agree.

LKPike
05-02-2006, 08:48 PM
I think the first pic of the puppy looks way too staged. is that lipstick on the box? and why are its feet duct taped (and clearly pulled out to show). his eyes dont say "ongoing abuse" to me. the second pic looks very photoshoppy. stuff probably does go on behind closed doors, probably alot more than we ever want to think but i read in usa today recently that animal testing/labs have gone down significantly in last few years :) theres always hope, with every soul you foster, rescue, or transport

moosmom
05-03-2006, 07:28 AM
I doubt those dogs were used for animal testing. Those pictures look like they came from PETA. I also think there should've been a link to the pictures rather than posting them in the thread. It would've been less of a shock for people like me who weren't expecting it.

WolvesRawk
05-03-2006, 06:04 PM
I don't think animal testing was the issue for these guys.(But I still disagree with animal testing) The 2nd image looks deformed like they used photoshop, just like moosmom said. However, animals suffering like that is sick and evil, but I doubt that animal testing was the cause.