PDA

View Full Version : Looking 4 Suggestions

GoldenLuv
05-02-2006, 10:49 AM
I can not stand my digi Camera its bites the bif one and I wanna buy a new digi and a film camera

I wanna be able to take action shot's of the puppers and i want the pic's to come out nice and clear

any suggestions

zoomer
05-02-2006, 10:51 AM
What kind of camera do you have right now?

Karen
05-02-2006, 10:51 AM
There are a million choices, depending, basically, on how much you want to spend.

GoldenLuv
05-02-2006, 10:54 AM
I have a Olympus D395

elizabethann
05-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Check out Russian Blue's pictures on a post she has in General. Those are nice photos and the pictures are very sharp. I think it's a Cannon.

Glacier
05-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Personally, I'd just move up in the Olympus lines. I'm a big Olympus fan. Currently I use a Stylus 800 and a C-5060. All the pictures I post are taken with one of those two cameras. The Stylus is a nice, pocket sized, weather resistant camera. I carry it alot when I'm out with the dogs. The c-5060 is a bulkier camera, harder to carry on the dogsled, but it takes great pictures. Has an amazing super-macro mode.

My next camera is the Olympus Evolt 500 SLR.

lv4dogs
05-02-2006, 01:04 PM
I have a Kodak easy share cx3400 (I think thats the model #). It is decent but not the best. I'm a huge cannon fan so I say go with a cannon. I couldn't afford one so I got the kodak. :rolleyes:

K9soul
05-02-2006, 01:12 PM
My next camera is the Olympus Evolt 500 SLR.

I would LOVE to have that camera :D. I'm pretty hooked on Olympus now myself. I have an Olympus C-765. Reviews I've read say they produce some of the best outdoor pic quality of any camera in the same class. Since I do most of my picture taking outdoors it was perfect for me. Also love the macro (macro and super macro options).

Kfamr
05-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Canons are the way to go.

I have/have had the:
PowerShot A60
PowerShotA80
PowerShot S2 IS

All three models take excellent action shots (granted you know how to use the camera, which all three are VERY user-friendly)

The S2 IS comes with many options I love:

12x Zoom
Macro/Super Macro
My Colors (You can swap the colors of objects)
Video with Sound and ability to zoom while filming, as well as to take snapshots while filming.
Scene modes - set modes for inside, fireworks, beach, etc.

And many other things!
At first I was very unhappy with my Canons, within a week or so after teaching myself how to operate them I'll never buy anything other.

dab_20
05-02-2006, 04:15 PM
I have a Kodak easy share which I'm not too happy with, but it's better then no camera! I like Canons, I really haven't used too many other cameras.

Jessika
05-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Canon, Canon, Canon. I won't go into a speil on this like I normally do, there have been lots of threads here made on this same topic, maybe look for them and there are already LOTS of opinions on what's good and what's bad.

Here are a few, hopefully they will help!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=102084
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=99666

And I will copy and paste what I said in the last thread, because it still holds true:

Canon PowerShot

Its really the only camera worth your money for the price range and quality you get out of the camera.Not only that, but they are DURABLE. My A300 I've had for three years now. Its been dropped, banged, kicked, you name it and it still works perfect! A bit slow compared to newer cameras of course, but still good considering its age!

I DO NOT recommend Kodaks or HP cameras. They may be cheap, sure, but the quality and features lack.

Another thing I might add is that don't assume more MP means better quality pictures. All it REALLY means is... bigger prints!! Unless you're a professional, or unless you will be making poster sized prints, you really need nothing over a 3 or 4MP camera. 5, tops. So that way you can go for a "lower-end" camera and not end up wasting money on higher MPs that you will never use.

Another thing -- lets say you have a 4MP camera. The ONLY way to get a true 4MP picture from your camera is to have the quality settings ALL the way up and the resolution the highest it will go. Otherwise, you are not taking true 4MP pictures with the camera.

I hope all that makes sense!

EDIT: and with any camera that does not have internal memory OR uses memory cards, you have hte option to hook the camera to your computer BUT you can just skip all that and use a card reader instead That way you also don't even have to isntall any additional software!

Suki Wingy
05-02-2006, 06:23 PM
I agree with you on the Kodak. My DX6490 is pretty ok, but it was $400 2 1/2 years ago. You can do barley ANYTHING with it. It is all automatic focus :mad: :(

sammy101
05-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Right now i have an Olympus C-60. It takes pretty good pictures.
I would love to get a nice Canon someday.Theres a canon i like for $1200 :eek:

Roxyluvsme13
05-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Isn't that the Rebel XT or something? :p I would love to have it, too!!!!
I love Canon though. I'm getting an S2 IS for my birthday, and I can't wait!

Jessika
05-02-2006, 08:35 PM
I think its the EOS 5D? I want that one, too, or the EOS 30D, badly

sammy101
05-02-2006, 08:42 PM
I would love that one.We have regular Canon with the changable lens.My dad would like it because we could use the lens on the canon we have already on this digital Canon.
i think its THIS (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat69600050038&type=category) one.

Roxyluvsme13
05-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Oh yeah, that camera! I'm sure you can get just as good stuff from cheaper canons :D. I can't wait to have 12x Zoom. *drool*

Jessika
05-02-2006, 09:33 PM
I would love that one.We have regular Canon with the changable lens.My dad would like it because we could use the lens on the canon we have already on this digital Canon.
i think its THIS (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat69600050038&type=category) one.
There are a couple different EOS ;)

The one that's closer to $1200 is the 5D and 30D