PDA

View Full Version : back from the hospital....

cali
05-01-2006, 10:23 PM
ok so you guys did not know I was at the hospital lol well I did not know I was gonna be there! lol ok what you have to know is that I have carpel-pedel syndrome, basicly I dont naturally have enugh calcium and vit D in my body, and because I am hypersensitive, the smallest of things will trigger the CPS, it will cause me to completly freeze up, and I loose all control of my muscles, and I sometimes begin to black out. now that last time this happend was last summer, then the docter siad "yah, its just the sun" :rolleyes: but my mom looked it up on the net and found CPS that is what we figered it was so basicly as long as I ate lots expessially before doing anything remotly strenuous, then I am fine and nothing happens, but since it happend do long agao the first time, I never really thought about it anymore, and I figered I would cut down on the amount of food I was eating(I was eating twice the amount a girl my age and size should be eating) I wanted to get back to my ideal healthy weight, so I cut back to a more normal amount of food, and seiddenly..it happens again. so there goes my diet lol I am gonna hafta go back to eating a ton just to keep from passing out or seizing up :( but its better then freezing up and passing out lol I am ok now, just sore, and my boss told me to take tommorow off and relax.

Shelteez2
05-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Instead of eating more couldn't you just supplement your diet with calcium and Vit D?? And I thought that our bodies don't produce Vit D, that we need to get it from the sun?? I could be wrong though as I don't really pay attention to things like that.

Glad you are okay and hope you can keep it under control. :)

cali
05-01-2006, 10:37 PM
I do take calcium and vit. D for the CPS and it helps, but if I dont eat alot I pass out, sually the CPS follows a little, but if I dont eat a lot I just pass out, I mentioned the eating a lot and passing out because my head was getting really heavy around the same time, as I had been cutting back on the food, I had been hoping I would be able to eat normal amounts without begining to pass out and triggering CPS..see the docor called me hypersensitive, becaily the smallest of things like not eating enugh and starting to pass out with trigger a CPS attack. the eating a lot has more to do with not passing out then with the CPS itself, the CPS is just sort of affected by it. make any sence?

.sarah
05-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Oh my gosh :eek: how scary!

I have neurocardiogenic syncope and I have to keep food in me also or else I can pass out or black out. It causes low blood sugar if I don't eat enough or the right foods and that's what makes me pass out or black out. It also causes migraines. So I kind of know what you're going through. Sucks, don't it?

petslover
05-02-2006, 08:23 AM
That is scary, but I am glad your okay.

I understand about keeping the food around.

I am hypoglycemic and my blood sugar gets low really fast sooo I have to eat food alot or else I will pass out too.

I wish you luck and I hope you get feelin better!!