PDA

View Full Version : Am I insane?

Samantha Puppy
05-01-2006, 04:36 PM
I was supposed to get my period on Friday. As of 5:30pm EDT, I still haven't gotten it so I ran out to the store to get an HPT. I took it. And according to EPT Certainty, I am not pregnant. I know I should be happy/relieved, but when I saw the results I burst into tears!

I must be insane.

lizbud
05-01-2006, 04:58 PM
I was supposed to get my period on Friday. As of 5:30pm EDT, I still haven't gotten it so I ran out to the store to get an HPT. I took it. And according to EPT Certainty, I am not pregnant. I know I should be happy/relieved, but when I saw the results I burst into tears!

I must be insane.

I don't know about insanity, but hormone imbalance probably. :D
Could be the reverse of postpartum depression.

My Peanuts
05-01-2006, 06:44 PM
With a 4 month old, yes you are insane :p ;). Kidding. I'm sure it's because you love Aiden so much and want to have another one some day. Do you want another one someday?

sirrahved
05-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Most likely not insane... just premenstrual:) At only 4 months post partum it isn't uncommon to have whacky cycles. Hang in there!

Jods
05-01-2006, 08:21 PM
no your not, actually this month was the first postpardom I got my period... Wahhh what a nice break :D

Sirrahsim
05-01-2006, 08:43 PM
I got mine back when Tyler was about 6 or 7 months old if I rememeber correctly. I was breastfeeding though. Are you?

Oh and you are most definately not insane :) I've been in that exact same spot before :)

Samantha Puppy
05-01-2006, 09:00 PM
My Peanuts - I'd love to have more children. If it weren't so expensive, I'd have 4-5 of them. :)

Missy - I am not breastfeeding. I got my first post-partum period at the beginning of February (just in time for my 6-week check-up, which I had to reschedule). Since then it's been "regular" (give or take a day or two), with the exception of this one. I was supposed to get it this past Friday (the 28th) and as of now (10pm Monday night) I still haven't.

It's just annoying. If I'm not pregnant, WHY am I late? I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and ask them how accurate the HPT is at 4-5 days late, if I should wait another week or so and take it again, and if I still haven't gotten it in another week and the test still comes back negative, how long I should wait before etting checked out. I'm just freaked. My husband thinks a negative is a negative and so do I, to a point, but something is off here...

Lobodeb
05-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Maybe the pregnancy test brought back memories of when you found out you were pregnant with Aiden? (Gawd, I work with too many psychologists.) :rolleyes:

Come period or not, I hope your happy with the result. :)

Pam
05-02-2006, 04:43 AM
I have always heard that a negative can actually be a positive when tried a few days later, but a positive is always a positive. :) Whatever the outcome, I hope it is what you wish for. :) Having children close together is fun for the little ones when they get older but a lot of work for mom. My brother's wife had a baby every year for three years in a row. Then she had a two year break and two more in the two years after that. All in all - five boys! Finally had her tubes tied. LOL!

Let us know if you will be needing to start up your sticker again. ;)

Rie Rie
05-02-2006, 07:31 AM
I am assuming you are not taking birth control. I wouldn't worry too much about it this soon, give it at least a week, then I would start to worry. Your harmones could still be a little out of whack from having the baby.

Samantha Puppy
05-02-2006, 07:41 AM
No, I am back on birth control... but I conceived Aidan while on the pill so...

Pawsitive Thinking
05-02-2006, 08:17 AM
Yes you are :D Now, what was the question???? :D

Cataholic
05-02-2006, 09:02 AM
I might have to go with hormone imbalance! :D

Samantha Puppy
05-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Gee, thanks Joh. ;)

I just called the doctor's office and spoke to a nurse and told her how I was now 5 days past due and the only other time I've ever been late on this pill was when I was pregnant with Aidan, and she said to wait until Friday morning to take the other test (unless I get my period between now and then). That way, it'll be a full week late AND I'll take it with my first pee when the hormone levels are the highest. If that one comes out negative, I guess I'll have to go in for an exam and I'm sure they'll send me for a blood test to make sure. If it's positive, then I start back up with OBGYN visits.

I'm fine with it either way - if I am or if I'm not. It's just unnerving to know that either the test last night was wrong and I am pregnant OR that there's something wrong with me. I just need to know, either way.

Samantha Puppy
05-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Rest easy, ladies - there will be no new PT babies joining us next January... not from this womb, anyway. :) I got the ever-dreaded visitor this morning. Half of me was/is disappointed but the other half of me knows it's better this way, so I'm okay with it... though it doesn't help when Josh fully admits he is totally disappointed (he's supposed to have his feet on the ground and pull me down from the sky when my head is in the clouds!). Oh well. We're talking about trying for a late spring/summer '07 baby, so we'll see!

Just thought you might want to know!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-03-2006, 09:51 AM
but you're still insane right?

Samantha Puppy
05-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Without a doubt. :D