PDA

View Full Version : I met someone and I have a bf now. :)

CountryWolf07
05-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Well, what people have said - "The best thing happens to you when you at least expect it to".. is so true, because this happened to me about almost 2 weeks ago! I didn't believe that til' now.

I met him through a friend here at Ohio State & we are doing so well. We hit it off immediately. We have everything in common, which boggles my mind. He has georgeous blue eyes & a cute smile, and he has everything I was looking for in a guy. I guess I dated all frogs til' I met this one. He is pretty awesome. I wasn't looking for anyone at all here at Ohio State, I was very focused on schoolwork and stuff - and he came along. Wow!

I have already met his family. We both are on the same page on where we are at - which is just crazy. His family likes me a lot, he hasn't met mine yet, because home is 2 1/2 hours away. If we continue on dating, I am sure we will, however, he will meet my family when he comes up to visit. :)

He is 22 years old, but he does not go to college. To me, it does not matter. What really drew me to him was his personality and sense of humor, not his education level. That bothered my mom when I told her. She thought I should not be dating him and I should date someone BETTER than him. Although, that is not going to happen. How he treats me and how he is around me is the important thing. He is not lazy, he is pretty outgoing, and he likes to be around his family. (another thing why I met his family already, so I'd be around them quite often)

There's a picture of us in my signature.. I am still pinching myself because it is good to be true, but IT CAN happen! :)

moosmom
05-01-2006, 01:06 PM
CW,

What a great picture! You guys make a great couple. I wish you all the best, girl!! ;)

sirrahbed
05-01-2006, 01:27 PM
I agree with Donna - that you two make an adorable couple :) I am glad to hear that you have met someone that you are happy around.

Alysser
05-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Congratulations! You two look really good togather. :)

.sarah
05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
You two look very happy in your signature! I'm so happy for you :D

My Peanuts
05-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Congrats! You make a very cute couple. :)

Donnaj4962
05-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Congratulations! You look so cute in that picture! And happy!

finn's mom
05-03-2006, 01:45 PM
I just saw this thread! That's awesome, congratulations! I have a boyfriend, too, must be in the air. And, I definitely wasn't looking for this either, although I've always loved him. We've been really good friends for about seven years, and, we've been best friends for a couple. It's awesome. I wish you the best! YAY for love! ;)

Anita Cholaine
05-03-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm so happy for you! :D You guys make such a beautiful couple!

CountryWolf07
05-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Awww thank you!

I'm still amazed.. and yet I still pinch myself because it's almost 2 weeks now and things are going great.. we don't see eachother everyday but it's like worth it when we do see eachother when we both can. I see him on Friday and I can't wait. I miss him already, lol.

elizabethann
05-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Hubba hubba...he's a cutie patootie!

JenBKR
05-03-2006, 03:48 PM
awww you guys are so cute! I agree that things happen when you least expect them - when I met my husband I wasn't looking at all! It just sorta....happened. That's when the best things happen :)

CountryWolf07
05-03-2006, 11:14 PM
It's just interesting. :) I see him on Friday night and he is staying over the night just to hang out with and be with me... so I'm looking foward to that.. :) I haven't seen him since Sunday!

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-04-2006, 06:25 AM
AWW... you guys are cute together!! :D

sandragonfly
05-06-2006, 09:35 AM
yup -

love is like a butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it eludes you. But if you just let it fly, it will come to you when you least expect it.

-anonymous

so happy for you! :)

friday.. how did it went? :D

p.s. I swear this dude in siggy you love looks like garth! :eek: ..

CountryWolf07
05-06-2006, 04:10 PM
It went well! :)

I have a question..

My mom is still having issues about Anthony not being a college student or that he is REALLY into his family so he often babysits his 2 little sisters and nephew.. I'm not sure what to do, but she isn't going to change my mind about how I feel about him - We have been dating for 3 weeks now.. We talked today.. and I was teling her about him.. blah blah blah.. and she's like, "Rach, keep your options open.. date other guys instead of just him".. but the truth is, I don't even want to do that. I just want to date HIM.. nobody else.. She just hasn't met him yet.. and she will next month.. He is honestly a good guy.. what matters the most is how he treats me and how he is around me.. right? I need some input if you have it..

finn's mom
05-06-2006, 04:27 PM
She's just looking out for you. That's all that is. I don't see what she could possibly find fault in him watching his little family members, though. I'd think, as a mother, that she would love that he's so close to his family. I find that odd. :/

But, for the college thing, there are plenty of people who aren't college graduates that make a good living and are wonderful people. He's young still, does he have any plans to attend a technical school or get any other schooling besides high school? I can see how your mom would be concerned about that. But, yes, you're right, what's important is how he treats you. I will share a little bit of my opinion on that, too, though. What's more important than how he treats you, is how he treats other people. It's a great way to see his true colors. ;)

As for dating other people, that's completely up to you. Just relax and enjoy this for whatever it is. You may find that you meet someone else, or that you end up dating this guy seriously. Read my quote, share it with your mom. ;) Not to say you're using bad judgement, but, this is all part of growing up and learning who you are. You can learn some things from other people's mistakes, but, some you have to make on your own. And, again, not saying that this is a mistake. It's an experience, go with it. Whatever the outcome, you'll learn something. It may be that your mother is right, it may not. Try not to let this guy get between you and your mom,though, even if that means maybe not sharing every little thing about this guy with her. I know it's taken me a long time to learn that I have to sometimes leave things out when I talk to my mom. ;) She's my best friend, so, that's hard for me. But, some things are better left slightly vague. ;) I wish you nothing but luck, though, no matter what.

CountryWolf07
05-08-2006, 12:41 PM
That's right..

Except that my mom told me that she's really dissapointed in me today. That hurts. So I don't know what to do, really, but I will keep dating him. It's not like I'm going to get married. That's what SHE thinks..

To be honest? ME? MARRIED? Sure, but NOT right now. I am having fun with my life. I'm in college and I'm going to concerts and I enjoy these things. Marriage? That's not even in the picture at all - for like 5 years from now. I am just having fun, and I actually like him for who he is, my parents have not met him, yet, so they have this view of him as a bad guy which he is not. He had things on his myspace that he thought are funny, but to them, they weren't funny, so I suppose it is his sense of humor. But my mom mentioned how he does deserve a second chance to impress my mom, but I told her she hadn't even met him, so how is there a second chance?

Yes. I do realize my mom cares so much for me, I do realize that. I told her that I'm happy and she should be happy about that. Although I do know, she is worried that I will slip and things go down the drain, but hey, I am smart. I will not let that happen. But yes, I am very lucky to have a protective mom, AND TWO protective brothers. They also are not happy with my choice of the guy I am dating, but, it's just something that can't go always their way. Woo. This is giving me an headache. They aren't going to meet him until June, when I go back home, and that's when he'll come visit me. So it's like a month, so by the time they meet him, it'll be a month after we've started dating.

finn's mom
05-08-2006, 03:58 PM
I think you're doing the right thing. Even if you don't date anyone else, don't strap yourself down. I mean that in a good way, do your own thing, keep your mind open, and, just have fun. It sounds like that's your plan, and, I think it's a great one. It's good to have protective family members, just remember to protect yourself. And, you can take that however it's needed. ;) Just be safe, and, keep your mind open, even if it seems that your mom and brothers aren't. You will come out on top of it all if you remember that. I think you're a sweetheart, through the few times we've chatted. So, yeah, stay that way! :)

wolf_Q
05-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Aw I'm sorry to hear that your family doesn't feel the same way as you. I don't see anything wrong with dating somebody who is not going to college. If they are a good person and you like them, that's whats really important. I hope everything works out. :)

p.s. I want to see his myspace page :p