PDA

View Full Version : Dear Diary - Eating Crow?

Edwina's Secretary
04-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Dear Diary,

You know how much I enjoy sitting out on the balcony off the big bedroom?

(You know...the balcony Blondie had to use the ladder to climb onto the other day when she was accidently locked out of the house??? It wasn't my fault ...or HH's fault either....really....)

Anyway...there I was sitting pretty....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/pf0b7f1908764ef4fb69e2a342adae8ea/ef340511.jpg

When I saw a bird....big, black bird.....I called to Blondie....http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/p5170c6d9329f0f6544f95e2a48c0922f/ef340467.jpg

"Come see this big bird! Can I go and play with him?????"

She told me that bird would just as soon have me for lunch. Something about eating crow or crow eating... I get confused.....

Diary, is that true?

Avianly,

Eddie

Cinder & Smoke
05-01-2006, 12:04 AM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif

Heyy Eddie ~

Boots, da Kat here ...

We gotz BIG Burdz here atta Ranch, too!
Dad sez they're Canada Geesez or Goosez ... REALLY **BIG** wunz!!

I get all *riled up* when they wandur uppa driveway an do their *HONKIN*
when I sit inna window. Cinder & SmokeMuttz alluz gib em a *chase* when
they go out anna Burdz are out of da pond ... Dumm Muttz been chased back up
to da Howze by a flock of ANGRY Burdz more dan wunzt!! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

Dad sez dat Tail about Blondie anna Laddur anna Balkonie soundz innerestin -
any chance of hearin a lil more of that wun??

Yur Buddie -
Boots, da Kat

Sevaede
05-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Hey there Eddie!
This is Soni in Louisiana. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/b0896ee8.jpg

My meowmie says the SAME thing about the birds outside. They're my dads dads birds. They are blue, green, brown, gold-ish, and even PURPLE! I like to run face first in to windows, smack the windows, and do this weird meow I only do when I see them. Do you want to see one? This is the bigger male:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/46f78f3d.jpg

Weird, huh? Anyways, my meowmie says to watch out because birds don't look too kindly on hungry faces.

Ciao,
Soni (and Isis)

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-01-2006, 02:54 AM
your meowmie is right, Miss Edwina! Better stay away from those big black birds :eek: !
But hey, want to tell us a tiny bit more about that blondie-on-ladder event??

Barbara
05-01-2006, 04:04 AM
Eddie, we don't have big birds like that close to the house. But outside in the birches and under our roof there are little ones: just the right snack size and they are loud and very busy. I wish I could get out of that net and see how they taste.

Your Filou :)

Laura's Babies
05-01-2006, 08:05 AM
What out for those big ones or you might end up being dinner! :eek:

Randi
05-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Eddie, there are birds in my yard too, but they're not very big, however, they're quite annoying, they used to go for my tail when I was little. :mad: Now, I mostly sit and look at them from my window .... if only I was allowed out at the right time, I think I'd be quick enough to get one, but my mom doesn't like that idea. She also says: Be careful on that balcony, it's quite a way down and you won't land on grass. :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Eddie, those birds can be down right CRANKY!!!

Best to stay far away from them. ;)

rg_girlca
05-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Yup Eddie, Blondie is right about those big black birds. Believe me, if you get pecked by one them, you will never go near one again. So just sit back and enjoy from a distance. :)

Now, about Blondie and the ladder. Any more on that???

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Hi Eddie, this is Cracker Jack. I have lots of birds in the back yard. Meowmy says they are Doves, but all I know is they are constantly strutting their stuff right in front of me and I can't get to them! As soon as meomy opens the door they all fly away. :( I've seen big black birds in the trees, but meowmy has been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to get outside to show those Doves and big black birds whose backyard they are trespassing on! Durn birds. :mad: Meowmy always laughs at me though, because she says I'm just too adorable when I wiggle my butt like I'm going to attack the birdies. I know I can't get to them, but I like making her laugh anyway. :)

Where did your meowmy get the ladder if the house was all locked up?

Edwina's Secretary
05-01-2006, 01:45 PM
all right, all right.....the balcony story (here's hoping no burglars are reading....) I went out the sliding glass door to do something real quick in the garden. I needed to get changed and off to a tour...

We keep a stick by the sliding door which goes in the channel when we aren't home. Makes the door impossible to open.

It fell. Making the door impossible to open.

I could not find the secret key hidden somewhere outside (dear Don had buried it after he used it to make it more secret..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

We keep an aluminium ladder on the side of the house. I put it up to the balcony, climbed it, boosted myself over the railing around the balcony (thank you Jazzercise). I then broke the lock on the screen door to the balcony and got in.

Wasn't even late for my tour! :D :rolleyes: :D

Donnaj4962
05-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Sasha here....

Edwina, we have those big black birds at our house also, and they are always teasing me, flying from the tree by the window where I sit and protect the house to someplace else. (Okay, sometimes they scare me cuz I don't expect them to come zooming past and then Meowmie laughs at me! :rolleyes: ) My Meowmie also says they are mean and that I should look at them from a distance.

We also have smaller birds out the sliding glass door in the dining room, and I think I could take one of them. :) They like to eat and they seem slower. I have seen some of my outdoor kitty friends get one or two.... it looks like fun, but also is gross. One day last summer, one of my buddies had a birdie buffet out on the patio. Meowmie was gone, and came home to find bird remnants on the concrete. I saw it all. I WANT ONE! But Meowmie says that she is worried about some bird flu thing :confused: and that she wants me to stick with my indoor food rather than having a birdie feast. Normally I am the boss, but I think I will agree with her on this one since I don't like goinf to the white coats.

Keep an eye on things from the distance. P.S..... I liked the story about Blondie getting locked out! I may have to try that here also. :p

ramanth
05-01-2006, 03:23 PM
OMG Sara! I'm sorry but that story made me giggle.

I locked myself out my parents house the same darn way! No balconies to climb though. Gave myself a boat load of splinters trying to find the spare key. :rolleyes:

catmandu
05-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Tubby 2 and Scrappy 2 say the same thing.
Although there are a lot of Crows around here the Ctas with the most outside experience say Crows are not nice Birds.
Thats why a group of crows is called a
MURDER.
HH Lady Edwina Rose,This Is JJJ3.
I love you and the next time we meet,I have a 700 Gram Gift for YOU!!!!!