PDA

View Full Version : Crappy dental work

Sirrahsim
04-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Owwww! I got 3 fillings last week and I swear the dentist lady did an awful job. Those teeth had never bothered me before and now all three of them are terribly uncomfortablel. I called in to schedule an appt and the soonest they can get me in is in two weeks. I'm SO annoyed right now, but also SOO glad that I don't have to pay for my dental care. If I would have paid for these fillings I would be furious!

The whole appt was a disaster. I didn't get called back until 30 minutes AFTER my appt time and she came at with the needle of numbing stuff as soon as I sat down. Immediately after injecting me my mouth hurt worse than it ever had and she immediately started drilling away without waiting for the meds to start working.
ARGH!!

Craftlady
04-30-2006, 10:47 PM
I'd find a new dentist.

Sirrahsim
04-30-2006, 11:27 PM
I'd find a new dentist.
I wish that was an option :( Us overseas military folks are stuck with what we've got. :( :)

Craftlady
05-01-2006, 07:45 AM
The dentist is a idiot to not wait at least 5 minutes to see if a patient is numb. Tell this idiot dentist next time you'll inject her and start drilling right away without waiting. That is just plain being stupid. Sounds like because they were running late in appointments she was trying to play hurry up at your expense.

Laura's Babies
05-01-2006, 08:31 AM
I have never heard of them drilling as soon as they give you the shot.. OWIEEEEE!

However, the doctor that burned those warts off of my finger started right away and it didn't hurt a bit, I was schocked that I didn't feel anything. It took 2 visits and 2 burnings to get rid of them but they are GONE now! (Afterwards they didn't hurt either.)

Rachel
05-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Owwww! I got 3 fillings last week and I swear the dentist lady did an awful job. Those teeth had never bothered me before and now all three of them are terribly uncomfortablel. ARGH!!

Two things might be going on here. First it may just be that your teeth need to *calm down* after the assault they have been under. I've had that experience myself and after about a week, things were better. The other possibility is that one of these teeth may be needing a root canal. :(