PDA

View Full Version : I feel horrible, how do I say I'm sorry?

king2005
04-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Last week I met someone & we had plans for a date this past monday, we cancled it (good enough reason), so we planned for tue. I waited until 2am & didn't hear from him. I thought the worst, that he ditched me... I should have known better then to react the way I did.. I blocked him from everything in anger.

Well I was cleaning out my hotmail account of its hundreds of sick spam & I just happened to notice his lastname.. I quickly read it & I swear it felt like my heart died. He didn't ditch me at all, he had to do last min overtime & didn't get home until very late & didn't want to wake me with a phone call.

How on earth do I say I'm sorry? I did reply to his email explaining what I thought happened & said sorry plenty of times.. I feel so stupid! He was really a sweet guy & he could hold up a great convo (not too smart & not too dumb, just right).. ugh I'm really kicking myself right now & I'm praying very hard that he calls me back

carole
04-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey Jess we all make mistakes, hopefully he is the forgiving kind and will understand and put it behind him and keep the friendship going, i mean who hasn't jumped to the wrong conclusions before, we all do from time to time, be patient and fingers and paws crossed he gets back to you and makes another date with you, here's hoping. :)

catnapper
04-30-2006, 10:09 PM
If he's so easy to talk to, I would tell him the complete truth: that you are nursing a broken heart from a guy who lied to you and hurt you deeply.... and you had a knee-jerk reaction to protect yourself from experiencing the same type of hurt again. Tell him that you're deeply embarassed and that you will try not to do it again, and the he'll be the most wonderful man on earth if he gives you a second chance, some understanding, and a little patience.

king2005
04-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey Jess we all make mistakes, hopefully he is the forgiving kind and will understand and put it behind him and keep the friendship going, i mean who hasn't jumped to the wrong conclusions before, we all do from time to time, be patient and fingers and paws crossed he gets back to you and makes another date with you, here's hoping. :)

Thanks carole
If he didn't live with his folks, I would call him myself.
Where are my steal toe boots, I need a good kick in the rump!

Jessika
04-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Its not like you accused him or left him nasty voice mail, or anything! If you explained everything in the email, its fine!

king2005
04-30-2006, 10:18 PM
If he's so easy to talk to, I would tell him the complete truth: that you are nursing a broken heart from a guy who lied to you and hurt you deeply.... and you had a knee-jerk reaction to protect yourself from experiencing the same type of hurt again. Tell him that you're deeply embarassed and that you will try not to do it again, and the he'll be the most wonderful man on earth if he gives you a second chance, some understanding, and a little patience.

I sent something like that in the email I sent him. He knows about my ex & that I'm a little sensitive due to what I went through with my ex. Hes the kind of guy you can talk to ALL night long about everything & he would actually listen cause he would talk back about it. He had very interesting topics aswell & I loved talking to him.

I still want to kick myself

carole
04-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Right Jess, feel that kick up your touche right now, courtesy of me, now does that make you feel any better, :D i am just kidding, dont worry so much if he is everything that he appears to be from what you have said, he will be the forgiving type and understand completely and in no time be making that next date, have faith. HUGS :)

king2005
04-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Right Jess, feel that kick up your touche right now, courtesy of me, now does that make you feel any better, :D i am just kidding, dont worry so much if he is everything that he appears to be from what you have said, he will be the forgiving type and understand completely and in no time be making that next date, have faith. HUGS :)

Those must have been steal toe boots, casue DAMN did it ever hurt :D
The radio isn't helping much heheh Nothing but sorry songs (kinda creepy really).

He should be home soon, I soo hope he goes online tonight... I know he'll be on tomorrow morning, but I'd rather not have to wait that long.

JenBKR
05-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Oh no! I too think that if you explain it to him he will understand - from what you have said about him he sounds like a very understanding person.

king2005
05-01-2006, 10:17 AM
YAY, I have my Sean back!!!

carole
05-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Told ya to have faith girl, I am very happy for you, here's to a loving lasting relationship unfolding. :)

king2005
05-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Told ya to have faith girl, I am very happy for you, here's to a loving lasting relationship unfolding. :)

I got to chat with him for a couple hours this afternoon :)