PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to work on a farm....

slleipnir
04-30-2006, 03:00 PM
In May I think...for 1 month. I found a place on the island through wwoofers. It's almost 2 hours from me. I just got back from the farm today, to see what is to be expected. The lady seems really nice. She has a few llama's, goats, a cow, pigs, horses, a donkey, sheep, cats (one of which had kittens today...they were SO adorable!!!), dogs, peacocks, rabbits...hmm, might be it. I have some picture I may post later. The cow is pregnant and is expected to have her baby is june. Anyway, it seems like a great place. I'm nervous but excited. I will likely go home every weekend to see my babies.

Kinda pointless, but I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, they also live off grid...so that should be something. They run off solar power mostly, and some wind. I think the water is limited, so I guess quick showers are a must there...Something else I'm looking forward to learning more about though.

Kfamr
04-30-2006, 03:02 PM
So will you be living there???

If not, will you be able to bring the pups?

Sounds interesting.

slleipnir
04-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Yes. I'll be living there for 1 month. I work for my room and board.

I never asked about the dogs. But I don't think she would like that. She already has 2 dogs and 3 cats in a small place. Josie definetly couldn't come, Zeke would be ok, but I don't know that I would have more then the evenings to spend with him, which he wouldn't like. :( I'll miss them, but I'll be home on weekends to see them :D:D

Karen
04-30-2006, 03:09 PM
You will learn so much in that month! You'll hear from muscles you didn't even know you have!

Toby's my baby
04-30-2006, 03:17 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun!! :D I'm sure you will have a blast. Just like Karen said, you will sure "feel" it ;) :p

Alysser
04-30-2006, 03:31 PM
:D
Sounds like a lot of fun!! :D I'm sure you will have a blast. Just like Karen said, you will sure "feel" it ;) :p
I agree! I hope this goes well! Take pics.

lizbud
04-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Congrats. :) I think this was a great idea when you mentioned
the possibility before. I'm glad you followed through & I think it will be
a wonderful experience for you. Let us know how it goes. :)

flamepony12
04-30-2006, 07:06 PM
yaae! Farmer Audrey. XD Good luck, I'm sure it'll be really fun!