PDA

View Full Version : Babies' first words.

jenluckenbach
04-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Cataholic's new thread (and the mention that Jonah doesn't say many words yet) gave me an idea. I'd love to know what were some of YOUR baby's first words. (and if your baby is 30 or 40 and you can remember her first words, feel free to post.)

My niece, Cheyenne is just starting to go from the "Uh, uh, uh" stage to saying real words. Last week she discovered the sound a goat makes. (some kids do "meow", some do "woof", Cheyenne does "Baaaaa") :D

Today I heard her actually SAY "Capra". That is her goat's name! :eek: I couln't believe it! She says mama and dada and can barely say grandpa, but not a whole lot else. But, she can call the goat by name! LOL

So, were there any interesting words among your child's first?

Cataholic
04-30-2006, 01:21 PM
CLOCK!!! One of Jonah's first words, was, honest to goodness, CLOCK! He is cuckcoo over CLOCKS! Watches, town hall ones, the scales in the grocery store, parking meters, they are all CLOCKS to Jonah.

This child can spot a church clock from two miles away. His face lights up, his finger goes out, and he screams, CLOCK!

He can't say mama, cat, Jonah, but, he CAN say CLOCK! He he he.

catnapper
04-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Princess -- the name of our dog. Only I said Incess... oh well, close enough! :p

Cincy'sMom
04-30-2006, 02:33 PM
I'mnot sure what my neice Jasmine's first word was, but although her vocabulary is still limited, she has all the important ones down...Mama, Dada, Papa, MawMaw, Pippi, (Da)Koda, Taggert, (S)noopy, Doggie, Elmo, bye bye and mall!!

Roxyluvsme13
04-30-2006, 03:09 PM
My first word was Momma :D.

chrangharris
05-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Misha was "keekee" for kitty.

My favorite though is "keecoo" for cookie! :D

Jods
05-01-2006, 08:19 PM
mine was baby
my brother get down :D

Sirrahsim
05-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Tyler's was "bath" followed closely by "bye-bye" :D :D

Maresche
05-02-2006, 07:21 AM
Unfortunately, Mimi doesn't "say" anything yet. She has a great sound range with lots of syllables, but she doesn't combine them into anything yet. I'm really looking forward to it.

My first word was Mama.

My husband's first sentence was "That is beer." He never said individual words, just started with full but short sentences.

sandragonfly
05-02-2006, 12:23 PM
my first sign was butterfly but in reverse. :)

my spoken word (six years later) was, don't remember which one was first, apple or I love you.

apple, I think. :D

Corinna
05-02-2006, 12:41 PM
24 year old daughter was french fry 22 year old son pop. both could spot the source 3 miles away Mikey D's