PDA

View Full Version : It's so hard

zoomer
04-30-2006, 12:45 PM
This little Rat Terrier/Chihuahua came over to my house this morning, by himself, and was sitting on my deck, the one I used to walk. I asked if I could walk him but she said his neck was getting raw from his collar, and I could see that. She said when his neck got better I could start walking him again. She got his nails clipped but he has these horrible sores on his toes, they look like they hurt very bad. What could these be from? My dad told me to take him home. It was so hard, I sat down and told him I wanted him to stay but he had to go home. He licked and licked my face. I feel so sorry for him, he can't have any excersize now that his collar and doing bad stuff to his neck and he is breaking out of the house to get to my house so I will give him some fun and attention... :(

Alysser
04-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Sounds to me like his collar is embedded into his neck... :(

IRescue452
04-30-2006, 01:09 PM
What kind of collar is it? A rolled nylon collar? She should try a flat collar. Sores on his feet could be from not being used to walking outside or from scratching at the door, a wire kennel, or anything else.

zoomer
05-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Sounds to me like his collar is embedded into his neck... :(

No, not at all. It was just rubbing against his neck. It happened to Alaska too.

What kind of collar is it? A rolled nylon collar? She should try a flat collar. Sores on his feet could be from not being used to walking outside or from scratching at the door, a wire kennel, or anything else.

It's a nylon. What is a flat collar? :confused: Thanks for the help :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Leather works for dogs that can't wear nylon for that reason. Not sure what the sores on the feet could be caused from, but maybe from running on hard floors too much.

sammy101
05-02-2006, 07:29 PM
i think this is what she means..
Rolled Nylon
http://handcraftcollars.com/images/2%20Ring%20Snap%20Around.jpg
compared to flat nylon
http://www.fordogtrainers.com/ProductImages/pictures/breed/german-shepherd-dog/dog-collars/nylon-dog-collars/wide-red-agitation-collar/nylon-dog-collar-wide-police-patrol-agitation-schuthund-2.jpg

I would get him a leather collar is possible.Not sure what the sores would be from?

zoomer
05-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Oh, thanks Sammy101, he has a flat nylon, except much smaller than the German Shephards :o