PDA

View Full Version : Dusty's time is running out!

animal_rescue
04-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Dusty is going to the pound soon if I don't get him out of there. His owners don't want him living there anymore and I need to find him a home or foster home fast.
Dusty's old thread is here.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=100659&highlight=Dusty

zoomer
04-30-2006, 12:40 PM
It breaks my heart that he is going to the pound, I would just LOVE to take him but my parents would NEVER let me have another dog, esspecialy not a very active Husky. He will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know my cousin, Tiffanie would love to have him but she lives in an apartment.... :(

lizbud
04-30-2006, 06:27 PM
I guess you didn't hear back from any Husky Rescue group? I know
that most Rescues operate at maximum capacity anyway, but still.... :(

Tell that stupid guy to invest in a alarm system as he knows nothing
about dogs & how they should be treated.

I do wish Dusty the best of luck with finding a good home.

buttercup132
04-30-2006, 08:00 PM
If he doesnt bark then I dont see why he hasnt got a home yet most people want that cause they get annoyed by dogs barking:rolleyes: Grrrrrr

I thought you were fostering him though:confused:

cyber-sibes
04-30-2006, 08:16 PM
What a handsome boy! Sounds like a great husky to me. Glacier was right (in the original Dusty thread)- huskies are not barkers (although some have an awfully interesting vocabulary!) I swear, if I recorded every sound my two make for a whole year, the tape wouldn't last more than 5 minutes- honest! As to the husky rescue - you didn't post where you live, but I know the Northeast Ohio Siberian rescue group can no longer take rescues from private owners. The dogs MUST be surrendered to a humane society first, and the humane society has to be the ones to contact the rescue. It was explained to me that this is done for legal reasons, some kind of laws they have to comply with. I'm sure such a handsome boy won't be without a home for long - I applaud your efforts to help him.

animal_rescue
04-30-2006, 08:27 PM
If he doesnt bark then I dont see why he hasnt got a home yet most people want that cause they get annoyed by dogs barking:rolleyes: Grrrrrr

I thought you were fostering him though:confused:

umm nope, I called him my foster though since I was finding a home for him, but he's been on his "owner's" property the whole time.

animal_rescue
04-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks, I really want to find him a home, he deserves it! But I'm in Northern Indiana and I've e-mailed a few Husky rescues so hopefully I can find one that will take him in. I've also e-mailed the Area Reps for unchainyourdog.org and one of them is e-mailing rescues for me as well, waiting to hear back from most of them, and then I e-mailed someone that was interested in him and haven't heard back from her either. So I'll see! Hopefully something good turns out from it. But, if that all fails I can have set up in an outside kennel at my house and have him put on the waiting list for the Humane Society and he'll go there and not be put to sleep.

king2005
04-30-2006, 11:13 PM
I do wish you the best of luck!

lizbud
05-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks, I really want to find him a home, he deserves it! But I'm in Northern Indiana and I've e-mailed a few Husky rescues so hopefully I can find one that will take him in. I've also e-mailed the Area Reps for unchainyourdog.org and one of them is e-mailing rescues for me as well, waiting to hear back from most of them, and then I e-mailed someone that was interested in him and haven't heard back from her either. So I'll see! Hopefully something good turns out from it. But, if that all fails I can have set up in an outside kennel at my house and have him put on the waiting list for the Humane Society and he'll go there and not be put to sleep.

There is a lady who is a Pet Talk member & lives in Ft.Wayne, Indiana
who might be able to help with more contacts in rescue.I know she posts
in Dog Rescue here on PT. her PT name is Mugsy. You could pm her for
more possible contact for Dusty. Best of luck for trying your best for this
dog. Dusty is a great looking pup who just needs a break in life.