PDA

View Full Version : GREAT. Just great.

Roxyluvsme13
04-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Your USB Device is not recognized. AND WHY? Because one of the little clasp things in the USB hole is broken. Now I can't upload any more pics. :(. Which also probably means my computer is screwed, and we're going to have to get another one. The space key is already broken anyways..so...UGH.

flamepony12
04-30-2006, 11:51 AM
There *should* be another USB port on the side of your computer. Have you checked yet?

Kfamr
04-30-2006, 11:52 AM
You can easily buy a new USB port & a new keyboard.

Roxyluvsme13
04-30-2006, 11:53 AM
There *should* be another USB port on the side of your computer. Have you checked yet?
YUP. There's not. My computer is weird. It doesn't even have a port to plug in a printer or regular keyboard (It's a laptop) I think it has defects or something.

dogzr#1
04-30-2006, 12:10 PM
I have a laptop and it has two USB ports. One I use for my mouse because I don't like the laptop mouse thing, and the other to upload pictures. I think there is also this attachement that you can buy that allows you to plug in multiple things into one USB port. As for the space key, you can buy a new keyboard that attaches to the laptop. My teacher has one and it is like she has two keyboards. Well anyway, I hope you can fix your computer.

Roxyluvsme13
04-30-2006, 12:38 PM
I have a laptop and it has two USB ports. One I use for my mouse because I don't like the laptop mouse thing, and the other to upload pictures. I think there is also this attachement that you can buy that allows you to plug in multiple things into one USB port. As for the space key, you can buy a new keyboard that attaches to the laptop. My teacher has one and it is like she has two keyboards. Well anyway, I hope you can fix your computer.
As I said my computer only has one USB port, and it doesnt have a place for a mouse or a printer or anything. It probably has defects or something. I'd rather have a new computer anyways :p.

dogzr#1
04-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Same here. Probably would be easier anyway, plus your new computer would have all that free space to upload all your pictures. ;)

Roxyluvsme13
04-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Same here. Probably would be easier anyway, plus your new computer would have all that free space to upload all your pictures. ;)
Exactly. This computer has been freezing alot, and it's gotten SO slow. It used to be so great, and I ran virus and adware scans, but it's still dying. My Windows Media Player is messed up, too :(. So it IS time for a new computer.

Kfamr
04-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Make sure wherever you get your computer from shows you how to care for it too, or else it'll end up just like that one.

Roxyluvsme13
04-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Make sure wherever you get your computer from shows you how to care for it too, or else it'll end up just like that one.
What do you mean from shows? :confused:

Catty1
04-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Not "from shows"

Rephrase: Make sure the person from whom you get your computer shows you how to care for it.

hugs
Catty1

Kfamr
04-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Either way, make sure you know how to care for it! :)

Roxyluvsme13
04-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Ahhhh, lol. (Stupid at brain :p)
Well, we rent our laptops, because we're not as fortunate as some people to go out and buy new ones, and if they break, they can fix them!

Alysser
04-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Ahhhh, lol. (Stupid at brain :p)
Well, we rent our laptops, because we're not as fortunate as some people to go out and buy new ones, and if they break, they can fix them!

Actually, Dell has good laptops. I reccomend it because if you break it they fix it for free the first time.

Uabassoon
04-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Actually, Dell has good laptops. I reccomend it because if you break it they fix it for free the first time.

I was just about to recommend them. They are very reasonably priced and I bet the monthly payment is about the same if not less than what it costs to rent, plus I'm sure the quality is much better.

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=iB120S1&s=dhs

Alysser
04-30-2006, 02:21 PM
I was just about to recommend them. They are very reasonably priced and I bet the monthly payment is about the same if not less than what it costs to rent, plus I'm sure the quality is much better.

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=iB120S1&s=dhs
It is. My dad used to rent laptops. Plus you've got a laptop for good after you have paid off the monthly bills.

Roxyluvsme13
04-30-2006, 02:27 PM
I refuse to get another Dell laptop in my life!! :p.
Our first one was a piece of crap, so now we just get them from Rental places and get nice Compaqs or HPs.

Giselle
04-30-2006, 05:37 PM
I refuse to get another Dell laptop in my life!! :p.
Our first one was a piece of crap, so now we just get them from Rental places and get nice Compaqs or HPs.
:eek: I *LOVE* Dells! I wouldn't buy any other brand.

A lot of what you want and what accessories are available in your area determines what brand is the best for you. There are conflicting reports on the lower end of the spectrum for Dell laptops, but I have an Inspiron 9300 and I know that the upper-end machines are pure bliss to use :p Additionally, my area seems to rely more heavily on Dell-compatible accessories, so if you'll be using different programs and softwares, you should look into a middle-of-the-line Dell. I've been hearing that the newer Macs/Powerbooks should be wonderful - much more reliable than the old Macs. HP's are pretty good, as well, and I remember my first two choices were an HP and this Dell.

For what it's worth, I've been having this laptop for about a year and a half and everything still runs like new. I could not be happier with it, and I know that the middle-of-the-liners run about 600-800$ if you stick with the basics.

If I were you, I'd be more than happy to return that ol' rental laptop and buy yourself a new one ;) Dell does offer monthly payment plans, and if you stick with the basics (you'll probably only need the bare basics), it costs about 15-20$ a month or cheaper (I think...).