PDA

View Full Version : Ok I dont know what to think

buttercup132
04-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Ok theres a girl in my school supposed to be in grade 11 but shes not she failed all her grade 10 courses. Well anyways she comes to school on some days with a tail on! and dresses up as a cat...ears.whiskers and all. And no its no as a joke she really thinks shes a cat. But only black and white ones. She has a bag she carries around everywhere and she painted a black and white cat face on it..she brings a STUFFED TOY black and white cat to class with her! And she takes it out and pets it like it was a real cat and cuddles it...One day I guess I asked the wrong question to her cause she turned around and scratched me..She has a boyfreind whos in grade 9, and she stalks a kid in grade 10.
Like I just dont know what to think. I cant help but laugh at her but feel sorry for her cause theres clearly something wrong with her. No shes not retarted like in the way some are. I guess this is pointless just a rant but I needed to tell some civilized people my freinds just make fun of her(not to her face) but ya.

luvofallhorses
04-29-2006, 08:24 PM
maybe she wants people to notice her?

Riptide
04-29-2006, 08:27 PM
that's...strange. She probably just wants attention though.

wolfsoul
04-29-2006, 08:59 PM
That's really common here, alot of people (mainly people into anime) dress as cats. I have friends that won't go anywhere without their cat ears on.

catnapper
04-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Sounds like a bid for attention. My kids have a friend in school who dressed in skirts, heels, makeup, and wore a purse strapped across his chest... he dressed as Peter Pan on many occasions too. He just liked being the center of attention. As a matter of fact, he was one of the sweetest boys in their school, but nobody ever took the opportunity to look past the clothes. It was his way of keeping people at a distance while standing out and getting attention.

Chances are, she's a very quiet person who lives a practically boring life outside school. And the photo of her boyrfriend and the horse? Photoshop can be employed to do that!

WolvesRawk
04-29-2006, 10:42 PM
That's really common here, alot of people (mainly people into anime) dress as cats. I have friends that won't go anywhere without their cat ears on.It's true. Anime can cause serious mental damage. :D She's probably just trying to get attention. Or is just crazy. Or more than likely, both!

Miss Z
04-30-2006, 05:12 AM
That's just plain....weird.:eek: It probably is a plea for attention. A strange one at that.

Buuuut, if you ever notice a particularly large feline wandering down a dark alley at night and yowling at the moon, you'll know it's not a panther or anything.:p

Laura's Babies
04-30-2006, 10:05 AM
At our school where I use to work, you couldn't do anything in dressing or with your hair that would cause any commotion or be overnoticed but we did have one girl that would dress in her own style that everybody laughed at. But to me she always looks so nice and I admired her for not caring that people laughed at her or cared what anyone thought of her.

Some people just dance to a different beat and I admired her for doing her own "dance".

IRescue452
04-30-2006, 10:20 AM
We didn't have any animals, but we had our share of punks and pirates. I'd be concerned about the scratching, come on you're in high school, scratching somebody is a little off.

buttercup132
04-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Are you guys talking about having these experiences in grade or middle school? This is high school you just DONT act like that lol.

IRescue452
04-30-2006, 06:00 PM
There are plenty of high schoolers who act like this. Its immature and I always thought it reflected some on the family. One girl I was friends with who dressed in black punk stuff everyday was a twin and got the same good grades as her sister but was the left out one in the family. Another girl who was into anime and dressed like it has a very rich family and always gets what she wants but her parents never spend time with them. The second girl is a junior soon to be senior and has been my best friend since I was 8 and she was 5. Its definately a high school thing because usually in middle school kids are still trying their best to fit in with the popular kids.

CagneyDog
04-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Wow, I'm not sure what kind of highschool you go to but there are a fair amount of people that dress very differently here, it is most certainly highschool behavior.

Who are you (or anyone else) to judge and say it's weird? It's different, but whats wrong with being unique.

elizabethann
04-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Things that make you go....hmmmmmm.

:)

Miss Z
05-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Who are you (or anyone else) to judge and say it's weird? It's different, but whats wrong with being unique.

Well, each to their own, but scratching her? That's going a little far. Yes it's different and if that's what she really wants to do then fine, but I wouldn't call it being unique. Under the costume she's just an ordinary person. I'm pretty sure it's not necessary to help her be a good person.:)

I'm also quite surprised that no-one's (teachers) told her to stop wearing it. If anyone at my school dressed as a cat they would be thrown out on their backside before they even got through the door.

BitsyNaceyDog
05-01-2006, 07:16 AM
She should be allowed to wear whatever she's most comfortable in as long as she's not hurting anyone. She shouldn't be allowed to scratch people though, that's going too far.

I graduated 6 years ago. There were a lot of people who dressed as vampires in my school when I was in 9th and 10th grade. They all wore capes, fangs, and face paint. They never caused any trouble, they were all really nice. There was 1 girl who was really small and she carried a coffin-shaped purse, she was the cutest little thing and one of the sweetest people in the school.

When I was in 11th and 12th grade the school no longer allowed anyone to wear certain things. We were no longer allowed to wear an all or mostly black outfit. Justin once got in trouble for wearing dark blue jeans with a black shirt that had a Bible verse on the front. They said his jeans were too dark and looked almost black.

The year after I graduated the school got even more strict on their dress code. You had to wear shirts with sleeves. You could have no visible tattoos and visible piercing were limited. They even put a restriction on shoes. Kids had to wear their shirt tucked in with a belt, that was the rule, it was mandatory. It got way out of hand.

IRescue452
05-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Honestly, I might be working in a counseling clinic next spring as an internship, depending on which internship I get. Doesn't make me anything special but I might see kids like this. I'd be concerned about why she feels the need to wear this. I wouldn't call it weird for kids to do this, because there are so many who do, "weird" isn't the word, concerning is more like it. Cagneydog, you need to see beyond a person wearing a cat costume and notice that that's a 16-17 year old in there cutting herself off from other kids and turning herself into a cat.

Miss Z
05-01-2006, 10:21 AM
When I was in 11th and 12th grade the school no longer allowed anyone to wear certain things. We were no longer allowed to wear an all or mostly black outfit. Justin once got in trouble for wearing dark blue jeans with a black shirt that had a Bible verse on the front. They said his jeans were too dark and looked almost black.

The year after I graduated the school got even more strict on their dress code. You had to wear shirts with sleeves. You could have no visible tattoos and visible piercing were limited. They even put a restriction on shoes. Kids had to wear their shirt tucked in with a belt, that was the rule, it was mandatory. It got way out of hand.

Maybe this is going slightly off subject...

I don't know how many schools don't have a strict dress code, but at my school, and almost every other I know in my area, is strictly school uniform. Our hair must always be tied back in a school scrunchie, make-up, nail polish and hairdye is strictly not allowed, ties must reach the bottom button of our school shirt, skirts should never be higher than the top of the knee, socks should always be pulled up, shirts always tucked in, shoes must be black and heels that are too high are not allowed, I could go on for a very long time. But really I don't mind most of the rules. There's nothing too terrible about a bit of discipline and school uniform looks smart and makes you part of the school. If my mum brought me to school and saw a pupil walking in dressed as a cat, she would have a fit, and probably so would I. There would be many parents complaining and the person would be suspended or even expelled for not obeying the rules. Maybe it's just because I associate school with uniform that I find this absolutely bizarre, as I know there are lots of schools which don't require it. But as Alicia said, this girl actually thinks she's a cat. There's something wrong there, and like IRescue452 said she could benefit from some counselling.:)

I'll be quiet now:rolleyes: ;)

dab_20
05-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm also quite surprised that no-one's (teachers) told her to stop wearing it. If anyone at my school dressed as a cat they would be thrown out on their backside before they even got through the door.

That's what would happen at my school! She probably wants attention because she doesn't get any at home. I know people like that... but not people who dress up as an animal.