PDA

View Full Version : Bad brothers

Heather Wallace
05-02-2002, 10:41 AM
Poor twinkles, he is being seriously picked on by Cadbury, I split them up into seperate hutches but Cads is now picking on him even in the outdoor run. So i've also had to split them in the run, I added a barrier for them. But they seem so lonely apart - I know it is for the best. Their neutering operation is on May 13th so hopefully afterwards they will be friends again.

Former User
05-02-2002, 12:19 PM
Aww, sorry to hear that Heather, let's hope they calm down after their operations. We will be thinking about them May 13th then, and wishing a speedy recovery!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-02-2002, 03:27 PM
Gosh, I sure hope the buns settle down after their operations. All paws and fingers crossed here for a complete success; not only for the operations but the renewal of brotherly harmony.

Bunnicula05
05-02-2002, 09:38 PM
Just remember they will always have brotherly luv. When I got Grey neutered I had to take Gypsee with him because I didn't want them to be apart. And when Gypsee goes to get her operation done (hopefully sometime soon) Grey is going to go with her too.

Heather Wallace
05-03-2002, 03:14 AM
Well there isn't a problem there as they are going at the same time anyway.

Daisylover
05-03-2002, 11:23 AM
They'll be fine and friends once the hormones get out of the way. Not to mention calmer and more loving towards you. Hopefully the whole family get back together and share the yard and the house and the food and......:D

cavialova
05-12-2002, 06:15 PM
Heather Wallace, your bunnies are beautiful! i hope they are nice friends now....(i think im gonna post ''my bun'' in the forum:D)

Daisylover
05-13-2002, 12:27 PM
As I recall our vet said even though once the boys have their little operation, they can still impregnate a female for several weeks afterwards....so it would stand to reason that when you get the boys home you'll still need to keep them separated for a short while...:confused:

Heather Wallace
05-13-2002, 04:37 PM
The buns are going mad at the moment as I type this, they are chasing each other around the room.

Yes thanks for that Daisy I had heard that to. Bunny has been spayed so I guess it would be ok for her although it is different for Ebony as she has not been spayed. Do you think that after the few weeks Ebony can meet them again?

cavialova
05-13-2002, 04:40 PM
my only bun runs around in her room by herself, lol.

Heather Wallace
05-13-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by cavialova
my only bun runs around in her room by herself, lol.

Poor bunny, lol!

cavialova
05-13-2002, 04:45 PM
it seems like she enjoys being along(sometimes:))
In the morning, i hear jumping around noises in the room beside me, lol.

Heather Wallace
05-13-2002, 05:00 PM
Yes Cavia thats what my 2 girls have been doing although it is 10.57pm and I had to stop they doing it as there is children who live next door to me.

cavialova
05-13-2002, 05:05 PM
ooo- thats bad!

Daisylover
05-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Yes, I'd keep Ebony away from the boys for several weeks but Bunny should be fine with them. You might double-check with your vet as to how many weeks it should be before you add Ebony back to the mix, I just can't recall what they told me when my boys were done..... :rolleyes: Also they should probably be confined separately for the first few days afterwards so nobody gets hurt if they decide to do some wrestling. Of course if you put Bunny in with the boys then Ebony will be lonely....

Too bad you are not closer to Michigan, I could give Ebony A LOT of company!!! We are in the process of taking 14 bunnies in at the sanctuary, have 2 coming from Indiana, 2 more from Toledo and now I just got a letter looking for homes for 11 more. I've never seen as bad a year for surrenders as this one. :( On top of our current population of 75 it's a little overwhelming to consider we would have 100+ bunnies to care for. It's really hard to say no and it's hard to do what's right when we are struggling with a shortage of volunteers to help us out.

Heather Wallace
05-14-2002, 01:33 PM
Thanks Daisy for your advice, i thought that might have been the case for Ebony.

Sorry to hear that there is so many unwanted Buunies head your way, I hope it doesn't start to get to bad there for you all.

The bunny boys are off tomorrow to the vets to be neutered.

Daisylover
05-14-2002, 01:48 PM
Good luck with the neutering tomorrow!!! ;)