PDA

View Full Version : Taking pictures of black dogs

dab_20
04-28-2006, 06:17 PM
How can I better the pictures I take of Sam? He has a black face and I can never seem to get a really nice picture of him. Any hints?

Karen
04-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Lots of light - outdoors is your best bet, but it doesn't need to be in bright sun.

dab_20
04-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Lots of light - outdoors is your best bet, but it doesn't need to be in bright sun.

Thanks Karen. :)

Jessika
04-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Definitely outdoors is your best bet. Do not use flash, or if you do use it outdoors only if his face is cast in shadow. Also try to have him facing the sun and have your camera set on the appropriate settings (if its cloudy, set it on cloudy, if its sunny, set it on sunny etc)

dab_20
04-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Definitely outdoors is your best bet. Do not use flash, or if you do use it outdoors only if his face is cast in shadow. Also try to have him facing the sun and have your camera set on the appropriate settings (if its cloudy, set it on cloudy, if its sunny, set it on sunny etc)

Thanks. The thing that sucks about my camera is the only settings it has is auto. I can take it off flash but then if something is moving it gets really blurry. Stupid camera.

flip195
04-28-2006, 06:55 PM
How can I better the pictures I take of Sam? He has a black face and I can never seem to get a really nice picture of him. Any hints?

Sunlight behind whoever takes the picture and as light a background as possible

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f196/flip195/bearcloseup.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f196/flip195/MVC-008S.jpg

Jessika
04-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks. The thing that sucks about my camera is the only settings it has is auto. I can take it off flash but then if something is moving it gets really blurry. Stupid camera.
Well if you're outdoors in adequate lighting then even without flash it shouldn't turn out blurry unless they're running super fast ;)

dab_20
04-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Well if you're outdoors in adequate lighting then even without flash it shouldn't turn out blurry unless they're running super fast ;)

Oh, ok! Thanks for the suggestions.

slleipnir
04-28-2006, 08:10 PM
I have to agree with the outdoor/natural sunlight thing. If you can get really good lighting for indoors, then that works too.

My sig there is a picture of my black lab, Josie. I took that outdoors, and even if your camera is automatic, the flash won't go if it's bright enough. The eyes won't get all messed up that way.