View Full Version : Umm...

dab_20
04-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Someone is going on my account and posting things that I didn't post so I have to keep deleting these things. Seriously it's really confusing. I forgot how to change my password again. *slaps myself on the head*

Kfamr
04-28-2006, 05:58 PM
I haven't seen anything bad posted from you and I have been refreshing PT constantly looking for new posts.

Why would someone want to post on your account and why would they post good things if anything?

Alysser
Wow! Who could get on your account? :confused:

Karen
Right now, go change your password. Then remember to log out whenever you are done using Pet Talk.

dab_20
04-28-2006, 05:59 PM
I usually never log out, but I will from now on.

It could be because my password was really obvious so I would remember it. I'm going to change it right away.

dab_20
04-28-2006, 06:03 PM
I haven't seen anything bad posted from you and I have been refreshing PT constantly looking for new posts.

Why would someone want to post on your account and why would they post good things if anything?

A couple of them weren't good and whoever it is didn't start any threads but was replying to other people's threads. It just started today. :confused:

Karen
04-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Everyone should take this as a lesson. Log out when you're done, unless your computer is never accessible by anyone else, and make your password something difficult to guess - put numbers or punctuation marks in it, change cases, etc. If you think you'll have trouble remembering it, right it down, and keep that piece of paper in a safe place.

Kfamr
04-28-2006, 06:05 PM
A couple of them weren't good and whoever it is didn't start any threads but was replying to other people's threads. It just started today. :confused:

Yep... Saw all of the new posts made here.

Weird, in my 5+ years of being a PT member, not logging out, not changing my password & it being totally obvious..... no one's ever guessed it or gone into my account. So bizarre!

Karen
04-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Don't tempt fate, Kay!

It happened to one other user once, and it happened once or twice a different BBS that I belonged to.