PDA

View Full Version : I'm leaving in 5 days :D!!

Roxyluvsme13
04-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Of course not forever. I've tried that before, but I'm too addicted :o.
I'm going on a school trip to Washington D.C. for 3 days! I'm really excited, and I'll get lots of pictures. We're going to see all the monuments, and then we get free-exploring of the Smithsonian Museum for 5 hours :D. Then, on our 3rd and last day we're spending the day at King's Dominion. (It's an amusement park) I switched from the 2nd trip to the first so I could go with my friends. I don't think it could get any more perfect. I'll miss PT, and my 7 lovelies, and my mom, and grandpa, but I have a cell phone so it's all good! :)

lvpets2002
04-28-2006, 04:46 PM
:) Oh you will have a blast.. There is so much to do & see.. Get pictures & have a safe & fun trip..

animal_rescue
04-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Oh I miss DC! We were there for 5 days though. It was so much fun, on our last day we went for a boat cruise and they had a DJ on their for us. It's where we learned The Cotton Eye Joe song and dance. :p

Alysser
04-28-2006, 04:57 PM
OMG! you'll only be three hours from me! I hope you have an awesome time and please take lots of pictures in the Smithsonian Museum.

dab_20
04-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Sounds like fun! I hope you have a great time there! Get lotz of pictures ;)

Roxyluvsme13
04-28-2006, 07:48 PM
I'll definitely take lots of pics. I only can take 200 on my memory card though.

slleipnir
04-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Oh lucky. Sounds like fun! hope you have a good time :D

Vermontcat
04-30-2006, 06:52 PM
I was just in DC last week!
There is so much to see and do there, you will have so much fun.
Is your school group going to wear matching T-shirts?
Wherever we went in DC there were tons of school groups on field trips and most of them wore matching shirts or hats or something.
I took lots of photos but I still have to go through them to decide which ones to post.

Sirrahsim
04-30-2006, 07:05 PM
I did that years ago with my seventh-eighth grade class and had a blast! Enjoy yourself :) The Smithsonian is AWESOME!!

Roxyluvsme13
04-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Wherever we went in DC there were tons of school groups on field trips and most of them wore matching shirts or hats or something.
I took lots of photos but I still have to go through them to decide which ones to post.
I don't think so :p. I won't be able to post the photos till I get a new laptop. (which SHOULD be the next Monday after the trip) Now It's only 3 days! :D (Well technically counting the rest of today its four)

Almita
04-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Have fun last year I was there for one week its a blast.

Almita
04-30-2006, 07:46 PM

Same here our school was Rhodes from AZ

Zippy
05-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Have Fun.

Roxyluvsme13
05-01-2006, 09:08 PM
2 Days! :d

chocolatepuppy
05-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Have a good time! :D

zoomer
05-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Have a great time :D Take lots of pictures for us

Miss Z
05-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Wow, sounds great! I'd love to see Washington DC. Have a great time and take as many photos as you can so you can show them all to us;)

Roxyluvsme13
05-02-2006, 02:32 PM
:D Only sorta 1 day now lol. We're leaving on Thursday morning.

Anita Cholaine
05-02-2006, 04:00 PM
You must be so excited!! :D:D I will miss you a lot... Take lots of pics!!

Roxyluvsme13
05-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Off to D.C. tomorrow, here I come!!! :D:D:D I'm uber super duper excited, lol, but I'm gonna miss PT, and all my lovely friends!

Vermontcat
05-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Enjoy your trip tomorrow! :)
Make sure you wear comfortable shoes, you will be doing a lot of walking especially between the monuments but up and down stairs in the museums too.
Are you going up to the top of the Washington Monument?
When you go into the museums and the Washington Monument they will either x-ray your bags or search them by hand so be careful what you bring.
I have only had time to go through my photos from my first day there, by the time you come back from your trip I should have my photos posted.
Here is a quick one of the main building of the Smithsonian Castle.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/DC%20trip/smcastle.jpg

Roxyluvsme13
05-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Enjoy your trip tomorrow! :)
Make sure you wear comfortable shoes, you will be doing a lot of walking especially between the monuments but up and down stairs in the museums too.
Are you going up to the top of the Washington Monument?
When you go into the museums and the Washington Monument they will either x-ray your bags or search them by hand so be careful what you bring.
I have only had time to go through my photos from my first day there, by the time you come back from your trip I should have my photos posted.
Here is a quick one of the main building of the Smithsonian Castle.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/DC%20trip/smcastle.jpg
Pretty pic! Dunno if we're going there or not..What should I *NOT* bring? lol

Alysser
05-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Are you going to "the mall"? The place with all the memorials. Not a real mall. :p I love the momuments. They are so cool! But yet very sad to visit. If you are going, don't be surprised if you see people crying there. It's very sad as well.

Roxyluvsme13
05-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Are you going to "the mall"? The place with all the memorials. Not a real mall. :p I love the momuments. They are so cool! But yet very sad to visit. If you are going, don't be surprised if you see people crying there. It's very sad as well.
Yep. We're going ot all the monuments. They were going to get us a tour of the White house, but they're VERY hard to book, so we just get to see the outside. Hope I dont run outta picture room! :p. I'll look at my agenda andsee what we're doing exactly..
Ok so we leave at 6:30 Am, then we drive to Mt.Vernon, VA. Then...We arrive at 4, and have a guided tour. Then, dinner, then Memorials, then Hotel Check in!
Dayyy 2!
Arlington Cemetery, Walking tour of Capitol, Smithsonian Museums-Free Exploring, WEE!, Jefferson, FDR, and WW2 Memorial, Dinner, Return to hotel...
Day 3!
Hotel Breakfast, Checkout, rest of day at King's Dominion, then we go home at 4PM, and Arrive back around 11:30PM.

Alysser
05-03-2006, 07:39 PM
That is NOT FAIR! OMG! I have always wanted to go to George Washingtons house. I learned about the American Revolution and its so interesting. Take lots of pics at mount Vernon PLEASE!

Chilli
05-03-2006, 08:05 PM
You're so lucky your school actually does things like this. The only school trip they gave us in 8th grade was going to some cavern for half a day... we just stared at rocks, and touched them when the tour guide told us not to. :D
Hope you have fun, though I'm sure you will! :)

Vermontcat
05-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Yep. We're going ot all the monuments. They were going to get us a tour of the White house, but they're VERY hard to book, so we just get to see the outside. Hope I dont run outta picture room! :p. I'll look at my agenda andsee what we're doing exactly..
Ok so we leave at 6:30 Am, then we drive to Mt.Vernon, VA. Then...We arrive at 4, and have a guided tour. Then, dinner, then Memorials, then Hotel Check in!
Dayyy 2!
Arlington Cemetery, Walking tour of Capitol, Smithsonian Museums-Free Exploring, WEE!, Jefferson, FDR, and WW2 Memorial, Dinner, Return to hotel...
Day 3!
Hotel Breakfast, Checkout, rest of day at King's Dominion, then we go home at 4PM, and Arrive back around 11:30PM.

The only time I saw security stop someone was at the Washington Monument and they took away one guys pocket knife. Usually they just take a quick look, keys, cellphone, cameras, all ok.
Mt Vernon sounds like fun, we didn't have time to go there on our trip.
We saw the Washington Monument, WW2 Memorial, Lincoln, Jefferson, Vietnam, Korean and FDR Memorials. Look for the statue of FDR's dog Fala at his memorial. :)
For the Smithsonian Museums we went to the Air & Space, Natural History and American History Museums.

Pembroke_Corgi
05-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Have a great time!!!

Jadapit
05-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip. You have a wonderful time. :D

Roxyluvsme13
05-03-2006, 08:56 PM
I dunno what I'm going to do without PT for 3 days! I think I'll die. If any of my friends happen to want my cell number to text me, you can PM me for it!

Roxyluvsme13
05-07-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm baaaacccckkkk!!! :D
It was fun, but ouch, my feet hurt beyond belief, and I missed my mom, and the pets. Even the fish were happy to see me when I came home. I took about 200 pictures, and I'll try to get them uploaded when I get a new USB cord, or a new computer or something.

Alysser
05-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Welcome back Briana! We missed you. I can't wait to see those pictures. :)