PDA

View Full Version : What Has Or How Has Your Pets ??

lvpets2002
04-28-2006, 07:43 AM
:) What Has Or How Has Your Pets Helped Or Changed Your Lives??

king2005
04-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Axle thinks I need more scars on my hands & arms, so he gives them to me hehe

Pembroke_Corgi
04-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Ever since getting Marta (who was my first dog as an adult) I have met so many new people! I literally knew no one in my old neighborhood, I must know everyone on that block now (and I actually made some good friends who I would have never met otherwise).

lvpets2002
04-28-2006, 09:47 AM
:) With me - my pets have tought me to be more Loving & with more Patience..

Miss Z
04-28-2006, 10:59 AM
They've taught me love and devotion, most of all:) . And I think Tia has shown me, and many others, to never judge a book by its cover!

Laura's Babies
04-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Gee whiz, mine have taught me so much! Each one has taught me different things but the first change they made was to make my house a home that I was excited to come home to. Life was borning and lonely before they came.

Lesson #2 was that I would rather they be happy than have a neat house. When I got up this morning and walked into the living room, I had to smile ear to ear! Cat toys were EVERYWHERE, the floor was covered, life was normal again! Looking around, the living room was crammed with stuff for them... a basket for them to lay in, Amy's kennel shoved under the end table. The activity box with the toys they got out of it all over the place. The toy buggy was just about empty and toys were everywhere on the other side of the room and the comforter neatly folded on the floor by the chair Amy likes to sleep in to soften her fall when she tried to get out of it.

Catfood bowls all over the kitchen and toys scattered all around in there and Samantha curled up sleeping on the perch by the kitchen window. This is HOME!

Chester has taught me devotion and to protect the ones you love, even from each other. Amy taught me to set my goals and never give up on them until you overcome the hardest ones. Samantha taught me to NEVER give up on what you want, keep at it and it will happen! Giz has taught me to keep my sense of humor and make life fun, explore everything and have fun doing it!

Putting this into words in one paragraph has really summed it up and brought it out to clearly see why I love them so much. Thanks for this thread, I am touched by what it has made me see. Best of all, they have taught me to love, stronger than I ever though possiable and to apperciate what God gives us.

lvpets2002
04-28-2006, 11:51 AM
:) Thank you Laura for putting all into words.. I know my pets are my life & they make us appriciate life so much with their unconditional Love..

moosmom
04-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Mollie Rose (12 years old) was my very first cat. She is the love of my life, as are my 3 other cats. They've kept me from my depression getting out of hand, have gotten me through my Dad's death, and all the other dark things that have happened in my life.

And to think I am a reformed cat hater!! :eek:

lvpets2002
04-28-2006, 01:20 PM
:) I know that it does not matter how bad a day I have had at work = I always love coming home to my babies & I hug & kiss each one & they give me such comfort & calmness.. I used to also get so depressed & now not at all..

carole
04-28-2006, 08:13 PM
I think they have made me a much better person in every way, more caring, more passionate about animal rights and care, more loving, and simply more giving,i owe a lot to my darling kitties. :)

Roxyluvsme13
04-28-2006, 08:23 PM
My pets have made my life so much better. I have no clue what I'd do without them. They always cheer me up when I'm sad, they always make me laugh when I don't think I could laugh anymore. GOSH. They're the best things on this Earth! They've also helped me meet all kinds of PT Friends :D.

DJFyrewolf36
04-28-2006, 08:24 PM
And to think I am a reformed cat hater!! :eek:

Amen Sister! I used to HATE cats. Nothing about them appealed to me...until I was around my MILs cats. Slowly my love developed (and I realized I act cattish about a lot :p ) and then I got my big boy Remus. That cat has taught me so much about love and respect and companionship. Sometimes just staring at him or petting him helps me solve an issue. Spook and Pandora have become the same way. Its amazing what one can learn by simply observing animals.

One other thing all of my critters have done is show me that there are people like me out there, people who see critters as more than "just animals"

Kfamr
04-28-2006, 09:04 PM
My dogs keep my alive in several indescribable ways.

They complete me, are my box of tissues, confidence builders, comedians, a never-ending joy..... I could go on forever.

Oggyflute
04-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Our pups have simply become our children, we couldn't imagine life without them. :)

buttercup132
04-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Oh gosh hmm

They have made my love for animals SO SO amazingly great!
They taught me alot about dogs and the way they work.
They taught me that just because old doesnt mean they have to act it.
Never to give up even when you feel like just crying your eyes out in anger(Trigger:rolleyes: ) They taught me that ugly on the outside doesnt mean ugly on the inside. They taugh me to know when it's time to go and when there is something wrong.
And the biggest one
Forgivness

They are always there for me when I need a pillow or a should(err body) to cry on. They comfort me when I'm sick and sad. Make me laugh out loud. Make me seem insane when I talk to them and noone's around.

luvofallhorses
04-28-2006, 09:40 PM
compassion and devotion. :) they have helped me stay on my toes. :) I don't know what I'd do without them.

Cincy'sMom
04-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Outside of being my constant companions and devoted friends, my pets have changed my world in other ways...

Without my dogs, we probablly wouldn't have found PT and met so many wonderful people!

I think they have also made me more compassionate. I certainly wouldn't visit stangers in hospitals or nursing homes without my dogs. I probablly wouldn't have been in volved in reading programs at the librrary without the dogs.

Alysser
04-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Sassy has taught me things no human could. She has taught me to be gentle with ALL creatures and to love and respect them, as if they were a human. She has taught me responsibilty. I DON'T have a clue what I would do without pets. They bring so much joy to my life and I really don't think I can EVER pay them back.

lvpets2002
04-29-2006, 12:28 PM
:) ;) You know I truly beleive that God's gift was not putting us on this earth = It was giving us animals - seeing how we change their lives & make them whole around us..