PDA

View Full Version : My Hope is up again....

Laura's Babies
04-27-2006, 11:33 PM
I went and got my girls today, wanting to get Samantha home asap in the hopes that she would alert me if Bridget is around and she has gotten my hopes up. She keeps going to the door looking all around outside, over and over she goes to the door. Chester even went one time and stood up and looked all around too...

Am I being overly hopeful? Could it be that Samantha just remembers she was here last month when we were all home so she goes looking to see if she is still out there? Then Chester just went to see what she was looking for? The motion sensor outside light keeps coming on and she is at that door at least every 15 minutes looking out. I keep telling her to call her baby, to let her hear her voice and maybe she would come... ***sigh***

The girls did great on the ride home today. Amy screamed when being taken to the car and put in the car but once we started the long drive home and I started singing to her she calmed down a whole lot. We didn't have the screaming ride from all 3 of them that I expected. When they would start I would say the word "HOME" over and over, and I really think now they reconize that word and understand what it means because it calms them down. I sing "Let me call you sweetheart" to them or "You are my Sunshine" and Amy will just lay there and look so intently at me while I sing to her and stay quiet for a long, long time.

Amy isn't getting around to good right now, having a difficult time getting around and doing a lot of trembeling and shaking. I think that could be from the dampness of the flooding rain and storms they had Tuesday, a cold front came through and it is chilly here, BUT she is still Mommies sweet baby girl and happy to be HOME!

Seeing Giz just took my breath, I swear, she just gets prettier and prettier and Samantha is still my sweet little lap girl!

Rie brought Chester home this morning so he got back first and he actually acted like he was glad to see me and happy to be home! WOW! That's a first!

Sevaede
04-28-2006, 01:40 AM
I do not want to add any more worry but perhaps Bridget has had a minor altercation and is frightened? It sounds, to me, like your kitties are alert to something that they recognize! :) Is Bridget known to let random folks hold her/touch her/walk up to her? How about animals of any sort and any familiarity?

Laura's Babies
04-28-2006, 01:55 PM
She has always been a skiddish little girl and has always ran from me. When they lived next door, I use to put food out for Samantha to eat and after Bridget was put out of the house along with Samantha, she use to save some of the food I put out and call Bridget to come eat and she would not come into my yard at all, not even for food.

My hopes are squashed today, the food I put out is untouched and Samantha has not been near the door today. If only I had seen her sooner in March so I would have had time to trap and save her! If only I had realized that Samantha was trying to tell me something!

Donnaj4962
04-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Oh no Laura, I am sorry that she is nowhere to be seen, but please don't beat yourself up over this. She may still be out there, and just doesn't realize that you are home again! Give it some time, and don't give up the faith.

I am saying prayers and sending good thoughts your way that she will soon make an appearance.

catmandu
04-28-2006, 07:12 PM
The Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad has redoubled thier efforts and will leave no stone unturned until they send Bridget home to her Family.