PDA

View Full Version : Poor Wizard

dab_20
04-27-2006, 08:17 PM
My friend, Jessie, has a black lab named wizard. They are 'getting rid' of him at the pound in St. Cloud because he chases cars and is too hyper. They just got a blue heeler! :rolleyes: If they think that blue heeler is going to be much different they are wrong! Well I told her if she does have to rehome this dog, why doesn't she try and find him a home herself instead of taking him to a place that might kill him?!? :( I told her if she has to, at least take him to the shelter here in Little Falls because it's a no kill one. She really dissapoints me sometimes. I'm not sure if I'm wrong in thinking this way, but it just really bothers me that she can just drop Wizard off at a shelter and make it their problem. :(

Roxyluvsme13
04-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Ugh. I hate when people do that. My grandpa did that to my blue heeler. He was VERY aggressive, and my grandpa was preventing him from hurting anyone else. I figure they put him to sleep, since when I came back to check on him, his records were gone.

sammy101
04-27-2006, 08:21 PM
aw poor boy :( I would think a Heeler would be the same as a lab. I hope they atleast take him to the no-kill shelter. :(

dab_20
04-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Ugh. I hate when people do that. My grandpa did that to my blue heeler. He was VERY aggressive, and my grandpa was preventing him from hurting anyone else. I figure they put him to sleep, since when I came back to check on him, his records were gone.

That's so sad. I had a red heeler once that didn't turn out to be the dog for us because we were living in town. He ran away and when my dad found him he took him to his friend's farm. I was really sad but I know he was MUCH happier there.

dab_20
04-27-2006, 08:22 PM
aw poor boy :( I would think a Heeler would be the same as a lab. I hope they atleast take him to the no-kill shelter. :(

Yeah, and in chasing things I would think a heeler would be worse.

Roxyluvsme13
04-27-2006, 08:24 PM
That's so sad. I had a red heeler once that didn't turn out to be the dog for us because we were living in town. He ran away and when my dad found him he took him to his friend's farm. I was really sad but I know he was MUCH happier there.
At least yours got a farm. Mine got death :(. I really miss him, too. I guess he was my heart and soul dog.

dab_20
04-27-2006, 08:25 PM
At least yours got a farm. Mine got death :(. I really miss him, too. I guess he was my heart and soul dog.

That is awful. I can't even imagine how that would feel... :( I'm so sorry.

animal_rescue
04-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Have you suggested any lab rescues to her?

dab_20
04-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Have you suggested any lab rescues to her?

We don't have any around us.