PDA

View Full Version : Found dog update & official dog #6 announcement

BitsyNaceyDog
04-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Two weeks ago I posted this (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=102772&page=1&pp=15). We still have yet to find his owners.

As of today we have made it official, we are going to keep him. We've named him Jake. I called today to make him an appointment to be neutered. :)

Here at the house things have gone pretty well. He's learning the rules and routines well. Since he's been here he's had to learn not to chase the other dogs or run in the house. He had no concept of the size difference between him and the others, but now seems to understand that he has to play nice and easy with them (he is allowed to roughhouse with us when we say it's alright to do so). He's learned to sit and he's learning to stay. He's learned to wait and not bolt out the door when I open it to take them outside (probably how he got loose in the first place). He's learned that the cats are not there for him to chase (though I still don't trust him alone with the cats). All in all he's doing really well.

Justin and I were planing on getting a large dog in the near future, he just came a little sooner than we were planing.

The closing on our new house has been pushed a couple weeks because the other couple still has a few things to take care of before we can close. But once we get into our new house he and the other dogs will have 5 acres to run and play! We're really excited for that. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/KBlaix2/dogs/IMG_6538.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/KBlaix2/dogs/IMG_6519.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/KBlaix2/dogs/IMG_6491.jpg

sammy101
04-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Congrats! :D He's a gorgeous boy!

Alysser
04-27-2006, 06:05 PM
I knew you were going to wind up keeping him! Does he have any signs of neglclet? Because maybe this is why you can't find the owners. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS to you! He doesn't have to worry anymore. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Wow, I can't get over how beautiful he is! Congrats :)

Lori Jordan
04-27-2006, 06:07 PM
You must be sooo Thrilled!!!Congrats on Your new dog!

Ginger's Mom
04-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Aww, congratulations to you and to Jake for finding himself such a great home. He is a lucky boy, and I am sure you will be able to teach him manners in no time. And I just have to send some hugs to you for taking that little cutie in, thanks. :)

Daisy and Delilah
04-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Great news Kari! Congrats to all of you! He's such a gorgeous little boy and now he has a great home :)

GoldenLuv
04-27-2006, 06:29 PM
wooohooo congrats i had a feeling that you wo uld end up keeping him

Jake is sooo adoreable

critter crazy
04-27-2006, 06:32 PM
congratulations!!! he sure is a beauty!!! way to go, hope he continues to work out for you!!! he is one lucky dog!!!

k9krazee
04-27-2006, 06:35 PM
:D I LOVE happy endings!!! He looks right at home, what a sweet, sweet boy! CONGRATULATIONS to you and to Jake!!

Toby's my baby
04-27-2006, 06:36 PM
CONGRATS!!! Jake is a great name, and it looks like it suits him. He is so stunning! I love his coloring and markings :D Sounds like his training is coming along great!! :)

BitsyNaceyDog
04-27-2006, 06:36 PM
I knew you were going to wind up keeping him! Does he have any signs of neglclet? Because maybe this is why you can't find the owners. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS to you! He doesn't have to worry anymore. :) No signs really of neglect, but I'd say not the best care either. His coat has a very rich color, but isn't in too good of a condition. I'm sure that will improve on a good diet. He also had very dirty ears and his nails needed to be cut. They weren't so bad I call it neglect though. He's a very happy and extremely friendly dog. He thinks he's a lap dog. :rolleyes: :D

I can't believe I have 6 dogs. When I say the number it sounds like a lot, but dogs are such pack animals I hardly notice it. Nacey and Nova might as well be one dog, they're practically inseparable. :)

CathyBogart
04-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Welcome Home Jake! You landed in the right house, congrats little buddy!

cyber-sibes
04-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Congratulations! He's handsome.

luvofallhorses
04-27-2006, 07:54 PM
he's beautiful, congrats! :D I LOVE brindle colored dogs. :) Do you know how old he is and what breed he is? :)

Kfamr
04-27-2006, 08:24 PM
YAY!! Jake is just too dang adorable. Now I really need to make my way over there.. or you over here??

He looks like such a sweetheart. Congrats!!

Karen
04-27-2006, 08:30 PM
He is gorgeous, and looks like he's made himself right at home! His coloring is soooo pretty, it's like Boxer brindle coloring, but he's sure not got a Boxer head!

And for a completely silly reason, I am glad he's got a sleek coat, being named Jake. My Uncle Jake had a crew cut my whole life, and whenever he met a young man with longer (than 1/4") hair, he'd say "Get a haircut!"

buttercup132
04-27-2006, 08:33 PM
You'd be out of your mind not to keep that cutie!!!

Glad he has a forever home now with someone who loves him.

dab_20
04-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Congrats... he is SO handsome! :) Do you have any idea what breeds he has in him? He is gorgous. I absolutly love the name Jake!

Roxyluvsme13
04-27-2006, 09:02 PM
I knew you would keep him :D;).
He's adorable!

BC_MoM
04-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Congrats on the new addition. ;) Do you think he could have some American Staffordshire Terrier or Basenji in him?

zoomer
04-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Congradulations! He is such a sweetheart, I was hoping you'd keep the baby boy! He looks like a reflection of Buddy:D

cloverfdx
04-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Woooohooooo that is wonderful :D. Heres to many happy years together.

BitsyNaceyDog
04-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Congrats on the new addition. ;) Do you think he could have some American Staffordshire Terrier or Basenji in him?
That's exactly what I've been calling him.

I don't know how old he is, 9 months- 1 year is a guess.

luvofallhorses
04-27-2006, 10:23 PM
he's just too cute! :D I was guessing american staffordshire terrier, too. :)

Pembroke_Corgi
04-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Congratulations!!! He sounds like he fits right in, and is doing very well. That's great- I bet he feels so lucky to have a nice family like yours- he looks really happy! :)

bckrazy
04-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Aww, congrats! Jake is absolutely adorable :) I'm so happy for him and for you, it was fate that brought you together.

He really reminds me of a PitxACD named Chase who lives near us, he's the sweetest! I can't believe your pups will have 5 acres to themselves, that's awesome 0_0 Gonzo is jealous.

wolf_Q
04-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Congratulations! He is so cute and I love the name too! Gotta love those ears! I think you need a group shot of all your dogs! :)

charlestongirl
04-29-2006, 09:19 PM
What a cute dog! His head/ear shape reminds me of one of mine. Glad he's fitting in well!

WOW six dogs I'd love that!