PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 157! The morning after!

RICHARD
04-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi every one...A later start to this week so Let the games begin...A little housekeeping and we are off!

DONE?

slick
04-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Oh I could use something hot to drink, maybe a hot rum please, thanks. :)

Hmmm, it says the morning after. Does that mean we can all have the hair of the dog? ;) :D

Lady's Human
04-27-2006, 05:08 PM
After the last week do we need housekeeping or a HazMat crew? :eek:

Mario, all the songs about mutilated.......... are done, you can come down out of the rafters now.

I see a Little orange peeking out of the blue on the kitten.

How about a powerwasher to start cleaning up with? :D

lbaker
04-27-2006, 06:03 PM
No PowerWashers when new kittens are around please.. it's liable to scare them/he/her to shaking! We can't have THAT! Let's just gently wipe up the detritus from last week :rolleyes: Quietly. Can we do "quiet" at the bar? :confused: *swish swish with a handywipe* Yes we Can Can, oh yes we Can Can! Oh BOY, a CanCan dance! Legs up everyone. Everyone? :confused: oops, nevermind :o hmmm, that mystery birthday cake is beginning to smell like a banana cake. Now who would have a hand/paw in THAT yummy concoction?

Which dogs hair do you want some from Slick? I have plenty! It's all over my floor and rugs (and bed :o ). It's OK Possum, I know you don't have much to spare ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-27-2006, 07:04 PM
This is a copy of the last one I posted on 156.
Just want you all to be sure and see it!!! :D
GUESS WHAT? GUESS WHAT? GUESS WHAT???

THE NEXT ROUND IS ON ME!!!

WHY???

BECAUSE TOMORROW I WILL BE DONE WITH THE OLD HOUSE FOR GOOD!!!!!!!

THEY FINALLY PICKED THE JUNK UP TODAY!!!

Tomorrow morning I have a doctor's appointment (yep blood pressure again) then I can go get the few things left there: paper towels, trash bags etc, and mail the keys to the landlady. (I don't want to even see her again)

Then I can spend my days unpacking and doing what I want.
CAN'T WAIT!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! :D :D :D :D :D

slick
04-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Oh MOFF, that's such wonderful news. I'm so happy for you. That means we can turn this into a housewarming parteeee for you. I'm sure your house is warm enough but hey what's several dozen more people?? Tomorrow we can all head over to your place and help you unpack. Does that mean pizza and beer?? Yes Mario, you can have a sip of mine.

There was this one morning I woke up such a headache......oh, sorry, I thought we were supposed to tell "morning after" stories. Yeah, thanks Laurie, I could use some dog hair. Cancan???? Sure, why not.

...and a 1 and a 2......

momoffuzzyfaces
04-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Does anyone know how to change the hose on a dryer vent? Chester killed mine today (see his thread under cat general)

Now I can't dry my clothes until I get a new one!
(sigh) if it's not one thing it's a 1,000 others!!! :(

RedHedd
04-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Laurie if you have any extra Handi wipes can you send them my way? The earthquake retrofit construction is finally over in my apartment. I moved back in last weekend and have been spending most of my spare time (and a few vacation days) home unpacking boxes, putting stuff away. Today it was polish the brass and crystal day. I ONLY broke two glasses - one a Waterford and the other an El gin sherry glass. I don't drink sherry anymore, but the glasses are still pretty. Tomorrow I will polish the silver, but now I rest. Dinner is cooking and I sure could use a nice iced tea ... :)

Kfamr
04-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Can I have something relaxing?

Worked 5:30am-2:00pm and then 6:00pm-9:00pm today. I am POOPED.

RICHARD
04-28-2006, 12:48 AM
K, hot tea?
DONE!

Redd,

No earthquake.....Ice Tea?

Done!

Hi Slick!

One hot rum?

Hi Laurie!

Can Can? Can do!

DONE!

LH,

My kingdom for a tight lug nut?

DOne? :eek:

Way to go MOFF!

Write the landlady a little note..... ;)

Lady's Human
04-28-2006, 01:21 AM
Hey, with the title of this thread we can even have a theme song....

There's got to be a morning after,.............

Everybody sing! (let me get my earplugs in first, though)

Richard, one of these days Jack is going to give Mark a good pit crew.

Oggyflute
04-28-2006, 05:08 AM
G'day all, :)
I've had this weird urge all day. I finally found out it was this insatiable desire for a pot distilled brandy.
So cheers everyone! :D
Congrats MOFF, must be a good feeling. (That hose should have a coupling on it).
LH I remember when that movie came out, I had to line up for two blocks just to get in to see it. Of course then I had that song rattling around inside my head for weeks afterwards. :rolleyes: It took a concerted effort by Led Zepplin to drive it out. :D

trayi52
04-28-2006, 07:20 AM
Good day to all! Glad to hear you will be in your new home, Moff!

I think a cup of coffee with a splash of something sounds great this early morning. It is rather chili here this morning.

Hope everybody is doing good today!

Willie :)

lbaker
04-28-2006, 08:27 AM
"....pot distilled brandy..." :eek: Trev, are you talking to ME!! :D Hi Willie! How's the new home?!

zippy-kat
04-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Hi guys! I just learned something from Miss Shais's Mom and Kater.... the group is not OREO Speedwagon, it's R.E.O. opps! :o

Is MOFF up yet? I'd personally like to drive her to the post office since she's mailing the keys to the ex-landlady. :) Congrats Moff!

slick
04-28-2006, 09:51 AM
pot distilled brandy
:eek: :D Whoa....don't be bragging about that around here. Settle down now Laurie.....I'm afraid you would have to travel all the auzzie land for that. :D

A big hello to everyone else!

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

IT'S MZ GINI'S BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!!

OOps, did I let the cat out of the bag????? **slaps hand over mouth**

I round of drink on me. We have so much celebratin' to do with MOFF's new house, Willie's new house and Mz Gini's birthday. Partee on dudes and dudettes. :D

gini
04-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Who, who, I ask you, put that cat in the bag in the first place? Mario - was it you? Lady, you are looking pretty sheepish yourself!!

Man, you open this bar up for a new week and people are crowding and pushing at the door to get in.

Look, could we downplay this birthday thing? I am starting to get hysterical looking at the number. When you have to fill out internet stuff and they ask you for date of birth - I don't think my year is even on there anymore. I keep scrolling and scrolling - nope - not there.

I would like something calming - a quiet pleasant - no hangover drink.
Whatcha got, barkeep?

RedHedd
04-28-2006, 12:23 PM
When you have to fill out internet stuff and they ask you for date of birth - I don't think my year is even on there anymore. I keep scrolling and scrolling - nope - not there. Do not go to the DuWop or Urban Decay (make-up) websites to enter any of their contests. Their age "charts" stop WAY before (after?) the year I was born, making me feel ANCIENT and I'm only in my early 50's!

Barkeep, is there any springwater from the fountain of youth available? :D

lbaker
04-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Hey Slick, did you just ask me to "settle down" or "Seattle down" :rolleyes: I'm "down wicha" kiddo :p "yummy yummy I've got love in my tummy..." ;) Hey hey, good lookin' ~ what ja got cookin' ~ how's about cookin' sumpin' up with me? Some of your chili maybe? That is the best I've EVER had. No brag. Just fact. Like it or not Gini, we want to celabrate, you "cell-a-brat" :cool:

slick
04-28-2006, 12:42 PM
and I'm only in my early 50's! What???!!!!! :eek: I had you pegged for being 30 something.... ;)

Look, could we downplay this birthday thing? In your dreams baby, in your dreams!! :D You know better than that. Any time there is a cause for celebration we are all there with bells on, even Mario, Possum and Lady have their costumes ready. :D

Laurie, Chili?? You got it. Just let me rustle up those 13 or 14 spices that need to go in it. "Yes Mr. Customs Occifer, they are ingredients to go in some Chili that I'm cooking. I'm heading down to the Pet Talk BBQ in CA where Thursdays will come to life." "What's Pet Talk you ask?? Well, it's more a state of mind. It's a wonderful state with great minds. And Thursdays is a cyber bar and all the alcoholics can drink all they want and stay sober...and there's a monkey named Mario...and....hey wait a minute...where are you taking me??" :eek: :D

RedHedd
04-28-2006, 01:51 PM
What???!!!!! :eek: I had you pegged for being 30 something.... ;) Thanks! :) I guess that means I think young or post young or perhaps I'm just immature? :p

Anyone have any tips on polishing silver? I mean really badly tarnished stuff - it's antique, some of it is sterling (which polishes up easier) but this is a CHORE! My late husband was really into collecting the stuff. I'm thinking of selling it as my hands just can't take this polishing work.

davidpizzica
04-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi, everyone! Connie, congratulations on getting completely moved into your new house. Gini, you're youmg compared to me. RICHARD, could I have a double slushie? My cataract eye is working overtime being blurry! Six weeks before the operation. Can't wait!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-28-2006, 02:41 PM
IT'S ALL DONE!!!!
YIPEEEE!!! YIPEEE!!! YIPEEE!!! :D :D :D

Mailed the key this morning after a quick check to make sure the water and electricity had been turned off!!!! I can't believe I get to stay home THE ENTIRE DAY TOMORROW!!!

THAT REALLY WILL BE THE MORNING AFTER!!!

I made some spinich dip from a packet of goodies Zippy-Kat sent me around Christmas. I was too upset to eat it then so saved it. This is the perfect time for it. I'LL SHARE!!!

It's Mellowing now!!! There's crackers and veggies to go with it.

Oh, Chester has been reprieved!!! Our ac/furnace service man can fix the hose. Well, he's going to replace it with a metal flex one , just for Chester.
Chester is very grateful!!! :D

Kfamr
04-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Can I have something relaxing?

Worked 5:30am-2:00pm and then 6:00pm-9:00pm today. I am POOPED.

AND THE MORNING AFTER... I worked 5:30am - 2:15pm!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-28-2006, 05:58 PM
Oh, I found a new flavor of Dr. Pepper at the grocery today. It's called berries and cream. I like it a lot. It's supposed to taste like raspberries and vanilla and coke. OOPS! I meant Dr. Pepper not coke! :D

Must get some for the bar!!! ;) :D

Karen
04-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Thanks! :) I guess that means I think young or post young or perhaps I'm just immature? :p

Anyone have any tips on polishing silver? I mean really badly tarnished stuff - it's antique, some of it is sterling (which polishes up easier) but this is a CHORE! My late husband was really into collecting the stuff. I'm thinking of selling it as my hands just can't take this polishing work.

There's a formula you can use to get rid of ALL the tarnish, but this is only if you don't want, for example, the dark tarnish to stay in the creases, which many people like.

It has something to do with a sheet of tinfoil, a specific detergent - I'll try to google it from what I remember, and I'll get back to you. Woops - I found a link that mentions it, and they say it'll tarnish faster afterwards, so maybe you shouldn't use that.

This page (http://antiquerestorers.com/Articles/silver/care.htm) might be helpful.

lbaker
04-28-2006, 07:08 PM
I use my sterling silver alot and know better than to use it on my eggs in the morning [never!!] or to wash any other way but by hand and always immediately dry by hand. If it's very old and not recently used you may have to ask a professional for help if it's really good stuff. Well worth it. Some of my "silver-plate" is nice but when it gets badly tarnished, well... either re-plate or forget. Shall I hold my pinkie up now ;) mmmm, raspberries, vanilla and just about ANYTHING sounds wonderful!! Count me in MOFF!! I grilled some salmon and aspeer-a-gooses just now. Hollandaise sause on the quick and dirty (store bought) worked just fine, thank you very much :p That sly little orange/grey/mystery kitten likes salmon evidently... half my plate seems to have vanished :confused: Anyone else for anything else while the coals are hot?? Love you guys and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR GINI :D :cool:

gini
04-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Gosh, I am glad that I saw this post. I do know that you have to be careful with some of the cleaners such as Tarnishshield, because it will take the silver off the piece. This isn't too bad for sterling - but it causes grief when you use it on silver plated pieces.

And Karen is right - some of the mixtures take off the patina which gives the silver pieces character.

We should talk silver sometime - I have a bunch of very old pieces from the late 1800's and early 1900's.

Once you get it polished I HIGHLY recommend the 3M silver strips. They last for about three months (I find that they last a lot longer than that). They will keep your silver from tarnishing again. Just toss one in the drawer, or wherever you store it. I use those for silver jewelry too.

I think I need a drink now - it's almost closing time.......I have been good..........I am going to be older tomorrow yes, but how much you wanna bet I am not one not whit wiser!! :D

Karen
04-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Oh, and I forgot to say, Once you have it polished, the best way to keep it from needing polishing again is to use it! :) Regularly!

Why, shall we have a Tea at Thursdays next week to do just that? Everyone has a week to start polishing ...

lbaker
04-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Use it regularly is RIGHT, don't "save it for company" or "wait for a special occasion". We are our own company and we ARE a special occasion ;) Just don't let it sit in water or dare put any into a dishwasher. A tea party sounds lovely Karen! I'll start planning a menu fit for the occasion ~ oh boy!!

Oggyflute
04-28-2006, 08:30 PM
I probably should explain what pot distilled is, to settle Laurie down if nothing else. :D It's simply a copper vat. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/oggyflute/Various/Potdistill.jpg

lbaker
04-28-2006, 10:46 PM
;) I'm glad THAT was cleared up :D

RICHARD
04-29-2006, 02:46 AM
Everybody sing! (let me get my earplugs in first, though)

Richard, one of these days Jack is going to give Mark a good pit crew.

LOL!

I helped a woman change a flat on Thursday.
Do I qualify? ;)

Oggy,

From "morning after" to "stairway to heaven"?

Done! ;)

Tray,

A cafe and a slosh!
DONE!

Zip,

LOLOL...

Excuse me while I kiss this guy..

Look that up.... ;)

Laurie.

you say pot distilled, I say pot distilled! :confused:

Redd,

Take what slick gives you!!

DONE!

Slick.

Everyone is young at heart!
DONE!

MOFF,
Congrats!

The new chapter begins today!

DONE!

K,

Later on in life you will remember the odd hours you worked to make it.-
Pay now, play later!

DONE!

Karen,
I think it's some kind of water softener?

Don't be too fast to suggest remedies.....we can always use another person on the cleanup crew! :eek: Tea for Thursdays 158?

DONE!

Og,
Don't you love us Americans?
We are all evil! :eek:

Gini,
People are like wine....with age they get better, then they get drunk? :confused: :rolleyes: ;)

I do want to raise a toast to one of PT's most spectacular members.

Gini.

A gal with the most untimely plumbing problems, the strangest hours when she opens up her boarding house, the 'mom' to the most loveable kids and the only person who can be told 'STFU' by the neighbors and still maintain her cool.

Did I mention she has her own personal Fire Department? ;)

Happy Birthday!!

DONE!

slick
04-29-2006, 05:56 AM
Richard, you forgot one thing about Gini.
She's the only person I know who can open up her home to strangers and let them peek in her drawers and play with her peeps. :D :eek: :p
IT'S GINI'S BIRTHDAY!!!
I've brought along some bottles of champagne to celebrate? Mimosa anyone? How about a Truckers Breakfast to go with it?? Also got come real canadian bacon. Laurie, got any of that wonderful crab from your side of the world for crab cakes??

Happy Saturday everyone!

RedHedd
04-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks for all the silver tips, everyone. That reminds me, I have a hairdreser appointment today to take care of MY silver tips (and roots). ;)

About half of the silver is polished. I did end up Googling and got the recipe for that silver dip - it's only baking soda and salt in very hot water in a tub lined with aluminum foil. It made the job a lot easier. I plan on selling most of it before it tarnishes again, but for now I have enough for a High Tea with all the utensils in newly polished silver. My hands HURT from all that rubbing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINI!

Shall we sing?

Hiippo Birdie, Two Ewes
Hippo Birdie, Two Ewes
Hippo Birdie Deer Gini
Hippo Birdie Two Ewes
:D

zippy-kat
04-29-2006, 11:40 AM
HAPPY BURSTDAY, GINI!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-29-2006, 12:47 PM
I'll buy the next round for two reasons:

1. Because it's Gini's birthday:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINI!!!

2. I just found out I have 2 new fur nieces. My brother (yep my "landlord") just adopted two sisters. They are about 1 year old. He already had two boys. Now he is a 4 cat family too!!!

DRINK UP ALL!!! :D

Randi
04-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Hi all! Can I sneak in a have a Mimosa in honor of Gini's birthday?

Happy Birthday to the BBQ Queen of the Century!

MOFF! Congratulations on having done it all - now, sit down and enjoy your drink! :D

Isnt it wonderful it's weekend!! :)

Cheers!

zippy-kat
04-29-2006, 01:39 PM
That reminds me, I have a hairdreser appointment today

Ohhhhhh mine's next Friday evening! I'm getting my summer highlights and debating on whether or not to chop it all off (go back to shoulder length). Hmm... decisions, decisions.

Urban decay! Such fun! And cruelty free to boot! Haven't tried DuWop yet, though.

Congrats on your new furry relatives Moff! Do they have names yet? :D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Congrats on your new furry relatives Moff! Do they have names yet? :D
Gosh, I was so excited I forgot to tell the names:
They are Annie and Tasha. They are gray torties. I'll share pics if I ever get any. He also has two boys: a blackie named Marlow and an orangie named Rhupert. :D

slick
04-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Where is everybody??? :confused:
I've been out all day and just finished a round of housecleaning. Haven't even had dinner yet so just going to pop some lasagne in the oven.

MOFF, that's wonderful news and congrats on the new additions. I'll have to browse PT to see if you have posted pictures. :) {{{gentle hugs}}} to you.

Zippy: How are ya Sis?? Nice to see you back here.

Randi: BBQ Queen of the Century?? I couldn't have said it better myself.

RedHedd: nice voice. High tea??? Here...my pinkie is extended.... :D :p I don't even know what silverware looks like???

**grabs a Lemon Drop**
I'm going to raise a glass to Mz Gini. Here's to one the most special ladies I know. May you enjoy many more decades of good health, happiness and love. Oh yes, and maybe a lottery winning or two. :D Love ya lots. xoxo

RICHARD
04-30-2006, 02:31 AM
;)
Where is everybody??? :confused:

Recovering?

gini
04-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Knock, Knock - hey everyone wake up! I am bringing in the rest of the champagne and orange juice from yesterday. And there is some yummy chocolate cake too.

Thanks everyone for the great birthday wishes..........it was a fun day - thanks to all of you.

Mario - of course you can have some cake - sweet boy - but by the looks of your mouth - I think you already found the icing!! :D

RICHARD
04-30-2006, 01:20 PM

Mario - of course you can have some cake - sweet boy - but by the looks of your mouth - I think you already found the icing!! :D

No choco cake for Lady or Possum...I'll give them some doggie treats.

Glad you had a good day...

Let me pour drinks for the dudes and dudettes..

Done!

Can I interest anyone with some brekkie? :D

lbaker
05-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Before we close up to do some Spring cleaning I have to repeat what my dear old Mom used to sing every year ~

Hooray hooray
The first of May
Outside *bleep*ing
Starts today

* I told you my Mom was weird * :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
05-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Before we close up to do some Spring cleaning I have to repeat what my dear old Mom used to sing every year ~

Hooray hooray
The first of May
Outside *bleep*ing
Starts today

* I told you my Mom was weird * :rolleyes:

It all depends what the "bleep" stands for! :D :D :D

(I am having assorted different visions....)

lbaker
05-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Let's just say it isn't - um... gardening ;)

Edwina's Secretary
05-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Let's just say it isn't - um... gardening ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-01-2006, 04:11 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
INDEED!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

RICHARD
05-01-2006, 07:12 PM
I had nothing to do with any of the bleeping last posts...

DONE! ;)

lbaker
05-02-2006, 06:34 AM
RICHARD - - "La cucaracha, la cucaracha,
Ya no puede caminar! " Too many slushies?? :confused: MOFF & Sara -- re: " :eek: " it's all my mothers fault :rolleyes: Isn't that the usually cop-out :p

Kfamr
05-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Just wanted to share my good day with the Thursday's crew.

Dad, Brother, Bro's friend Joey, Kiara and I went out fishing on my brother's fishing boat. We caught around 7 or so fish but the two big Trout were the keepers. Had so much fun. Pictures later... making dinner!

Our trout in foil - onion, red peppers, olives, garlic on the grill.
Steamed broccolli, cauliflower, carrots
White rice
& Garlic bread

Strawberry shortcake for dessert

Wish I could share with everyone here! Late dinner at my house!

gini
05-03-2006, 01:18 AM
With all due respect Kay Ann, you can't tell us WHAT YOU HAD FOR DINNER............ :eek:

you HAVE TO BRING US DINNER HERE AT THURSDAYS. :p

They are unspoken, but we do have rules here at Thursdays - and no matter what we have we share. :D

Lady's Human
05-03-2006, 03:18 AM
If you make dinner, you have to bring enough for everyone, not just tell us about it!

Y'all have a nice time on Thursday, and make sure everyone give Lady plenty of extra scritches. I'm off to OK for 6 weeks. I'll be back to thursdays next week, but I'll miss opening the bar this week.

Kfamr
05-03-2006, 11:39 AM
If you make dinner, you have to bring enough for everyone, not just tell us about it!

Tell Joey that!! (My brother's friend) We barely had enough fish for the 5 of us here, it was his turn to catch one! It's all his fault or else there would have been enough for everyone here. ;)

How about this... everyone at Thrusday's goes fishing and I'll cook whatever we catch. ;)