PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for doggie party favors

beeniesmom
04-27-2006, 02:48 PM
On June 11th I am participating in a fundraiser for the Humane Society Legislative Fund to help pass a bill that will protect animals in case of another “Katrina” situation.

I offered to make little party favors for the participants who have dogs (it will be a dog party fundraiser).

What would you suggest I do/use as party favors (that won’t kill my pocket too much)?

Husky_mom
04-27-2006, 02:55 PM
maybe some homemade cookies?? they take time but they are not pocket emptiers (is this a word?)

some pupcakes??

maybe some home made bandanas that Kay made a thread how to do them??

lvpets2002
04-27-2006, 03:02 PM
:) Mmmm Girl lets think about this one.. Ok how about buy big bag of each med size milk bones & stick raw hides & a bag kibble-n-bits.. Then put small amount of kibble-n-bits & milk bone & raw hide in each bag & tie a cute ribbon on top.. That one idea & I will keep thinking of more ok..

Cataholic
04-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Call a local Pro shop and see if they have any flat tennis balls they would donate? Or, call a tennis club? You could include a ball or two in a package...

beeniesmom
04-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Great ideas so far!
Keep them coming.
Thanks.

IRescue452
04-27-2006, 05:27 PM
I don't know how much you are willing to spend or if this is an idea you can do at this party, but maybe you can pick up some supplies and have people pay a buck or two to make a little hanging picture frame like this. Some dog bone, paw print ribbon and maybe some fish or cats if you can find some as this isn't just a dog thing, to hold the picture at two corners. Dog and cat stickers and string to hang it. The back can be cardboard or those foam sheets or even a pack of giant index cards- even cheaper. Just make sure its a little bigger than your typical picture.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/bbflygirl/picture.jpg

cyber-sibes
04-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Each dog got a goodie bag for being in the Husky Hike last fall - they got little sample bags of bones & kibble that were pre-packed by the companies - maybe you can contact Purina or a local pet store that might help you out?
Each dog also got a cool lolly-pup from a local doggie bakery, a tennis ball, and a simple bandana. (a triangle of nice fabric cut with pinking shears). Bags included magnets from pet-sitters & groomers, too. Hope this gives you a few ideas.

elizabethann
04-28-2006, 07:29 AM
Can you make a whole bunch of bandana's?

Do you have a Dollar Store? You could buy toys for $1 each and put a bow on them and hand them out.

How many favors are you talking about? 50? 100? And how much are you looking to spend?

If you went to BJ's or Sam's Club you could buy a huge box of treats and then make little treat bags for the pups. Just put about 3-4 treats in a little bag and tie the bag with ribbon.

That's nice of you to want to make the favors. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do. Perhaps you can take pictures of the event. Will Beenie & Frankie be there?

lv4dogs
04-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Doggie poop bags are a hit too, not that we actually like them or actually using them but we all know they are a necessity. :p

beeniesmom
04-28-2006, 08:57 AM
I don't know how much you are willing to spend or if this is an idea you can do at this party, but maybe you can pick up some supplies and have people pay a buck or two to make a little hanging picture frame like this. Some dog bone, paw print ribbon and maybe some fish or cats if you can find some as this isn't just a dog thing, to hold the picture at two corners. Dog and cat stickers and string to hang it. The back can be cardboard or those foam sheets or even a pack of giant index cards- even cheaper. Just make sure its a little bigger than your typical picture.

I can't let the participants contribute (apart from the fact that I have no idea who and how many will be there - I am guessing around 50 people with 30 or so dogs) because they will already be donating $$$ toward the cause. I just thought the doggie favors would be a small thank you for thier generosity.

beeniesmom
04-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Yes, thx Cybersibes.

beeniesmom
04-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Can you make a whole bunch of bandana's?

Do you have a Dollar Store? You could buy toys for $1 each and put a bow on them and hand them out.

How many favors are you talking about? 50? 100? And how much are you looking to spend?

If you went to BJ's or Sam's Club you could buy a huge box of treats and then make little treat bags for the pups. Just put about 3-4 treats in a little bag and tie the bag with ribbon.

That's nice of you to want to make the favors. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do. Perhaps you can take pictures of the event. Will Beenie & Frankie be there?

That is a great idea. Thanks. I do have a dollar store...
SAMS club is close by too and I have a membership. :)
I think I will bring only Beenie because hubby will be out of town that day and Frankie gets too roudy around other dogs.

beeniesmom
04-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Doggie poop bags are a hit too, not that we actually like them or actually using them but we all know they are a necessity. :p

That may be good too!
:)

Rio&Nickysmommy
04-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Hi! If you want to buy toys cheap to sell contact Petedge.com they have cheap toys and maybe if you call them and tell them what its for they will give it you cheaper. Doesnt hurt to ask. Then go to your local party shop or make up a ribbone or something saying what it was from and palce on toys. You already have a great idea's. I make my pets bandans all the time not the best at it but I have a sewing machine that can embroider info on it so let me know if I can help you. Just PM Me I just need sometime to do them.
Rio&Nickysmommy
P.S> You might also ask some companies if they are willing to donate some toys.

Kfamr
04-30-2006, 07:52 AM
Wal-Mart has those $0.88 toys, they would be even cheaper than going to the dollar store. :)

I'm going to PM you with a few more ideas.

beeniesmom
05-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Wal-Mart has those $0.88 toys, they would be even cheaper than going to the dollar store. :)

I'm going to PM you with a few more ideas.

Thanks for your PM and all your great ideas.

I just emailed the aspca and a local dog store. They get tons of merrick food samples every week. I asked if they could give me some to put in the doggie favor bags. It would cost them nothing and they would get to advertise via me (put a business card in each doggie bag).

I'll let you know what they say.

I don't have a pro shop here to ask for spent tennis balls.

beeniesmom
05-31-2006, 01:51 PM
Of all the emails asking for help that I sent, not one person answered back.
I guess I will have to make these bags myself and all the $ will come out of my pocket. I guess I will consider that my donation to the cause.

The gift bags will have the following items in them:

Tennis ball
Milk bones
Sample dog food
Carry outs: bacon and chicken
Chewies

What do you think?

PS: If by any chance, anyone wants to donate to this fund raiser, PM me for more info.

carmen

shihtzulover850
05-31-2006, 01:55 PM
OOOOOOO The dogs are going to like them!!! :D

Catsnclay
05-31-2006, 02:02 PM
When I did a fundraiser for a local No-Kill Cat shelter last year, I e-mailed AND followed up with phone calls to all cat food suppliers (like Purina, Iams, Science Diet, etc) and believe it or not I got a HUGE response from most of them! :eek:

The biggest response came from Nutro www.nutroproducts.com but maybe because the rep lived locally, but he gave me so many samples, we ended up using the leftovers at the shelter.

Also try your local pet stores (Petsmart & PetCo) they will sometimes give you either a gift certificate or things they no longer sell, etc.

dukedogsmom
06-01-2006, 06:26 AM
www.doggonegood.com

beeniesmom
06-01-2006, 08:32 AM
I am so happy. Yesterday I went to one of the pet shops that I emailed and hadn't responded and they said they were happy to help. They are going to give me some pretty bags with one sample of Innova or Merrick in it. I also got to talk to Drs. Foster and Smith and they said they will try to send me tennis balls or treat samples to put in the bags. I will buy treats and make little pouches to put in the gft bags.