PDA

View Full Version : New Froggy Boggies!

WarahGirl1995
04-26-2006, 09:21 PM
I have 3 new Fire Belly Frogs and one Fire Belly newt. I Little Ann and Lock, and Suzie Q on Easter day and I just got Callie today. They are doing good... well... sort of. Lock keeps mating Little Ann. She is really stressed and she has had a couple batches of eggs but not much. She is in a great deal of stress so pictures are not avalible at the moment. We got Callie and Lock did not give her a very nice welcome. He started mating her right away and she look like she was drowning under the water. This worried me half to death but I knew I should just let nature take its course. They are both doing fine but Lock is making it really hard on them. Are the moms supposed to be fat when they are pregnant? Because Little Ann does not really look fat. What can I do to help when she is giving birth? Is Lock supposed to be on top of her when she is giving birth to fertalize them? Makayla (zoomer) is going to take Suzy Q because we are afraid she may eat the frog eggs, when the eggs are hatched I will have her back, I am sad to leave her but I cannot let the eggs be eaten. What should the eggs look like? They look like a small batch of clear jelly with TINY TINY dots in them. Will there be aggresion while, before, or after mating for any reason? What should the mom look like when, after, and before giving birth? Sorry I am asking so many questions but really need to know this important information. Any tips and facts about this would be great. I am scared for Little Ann and Callie, is there a chance they will die because of the rough handling Lock gives them? Thanks and I may have further questions later so please check back:)

zoomer
04-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Suzy is here and doing great. I hope the froggies stay okay!

buttercup132
04-27-2006, 09:45 AM
my fire belly frog ate my newt...

zoomer
04-27-2006, 10:44 AM

No kidding? :eek:

king2005
04-27-2006, 01:15 PM
If you fear for the safety of your female frogs, they why don't you remove the male to a place of his own?

WarahGirl1995
04-27-2006, 08:10 PM
poor newt.. i hope that doest happen to my newt :( but so far so good they live fine together :)

WarahGirl1995
04-27-2006, 08:21 PM
If you fear for the safety of your female frogs, they why don't you remove the male to a place of his own?
i am realy starting to consider it but Suzy would have eaten the eggs so thats what i took care first THE CHILDRENS SAFTY.Suzy is going to stay with Makayla untill the eggs, soon to be frogs can protect them selves. As for protecting the female frogs the eggs need the gelly subtince from the father to stay alive. But after the eggs are tadpoles i will decide if Lock is staying with my males or geting his own tank :rolleyes: ........ thats boys for ya. lol

WarahGirl1995
04-28-2006, 09:35 AM
i think Callie is prenate :) :confused:

king2005
04-28-2006, 10:04 AM
What are you going to do with all the baby frogs?
Esp if 50+ survive? It'll take you forever to find them all safe loving homes

zoomer
04-28-2006, 11:00 AM
What are you going to do with all the baby frogs?
Esp if 50+ survive? It'll take you forever to find them all safe loving homes

I think she's considering giving them to a pet store... :confused: Are you Sarah? :confused: I was wondering the same thing...