PDA

View Full Version : deworming question

dab_20
04-26-2006, 09:05 PM
We need to deworm the poultry and goats so we are trying to figure out what to use. Preferably something that goes in their food. (the goats eat with the poultry) Equine dewormer would be too strong, and I don't know if dog dewormer would work. Have any of you seen poultry dewormer or stuff you can give goats?

lv4dogs
04-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Your best bet would be to call your vet and ask them. Good luck!

lvpets2002
04-27-2006, 09:46 AM
:) Ok I just asked a guy here at work that raises goats & he said he used Ivamec (its a universal wormer) it is liquid & it can be used on all animals = you just give smaller dose due to animal size.. HowEver I Would For Sure Check With Your Vet First For His Advise.. Good Luck

dab_20
04-27-2006, 03:31 PM
We don't have a vet for our goats or poultry. I could ask my dad about Ivamec. Thanks!

reptiledude
04-27-2006, 08:47 PM
we have a lot of sheep and my mom just gos to the farmers store and u ask them wut u want and its that easy

dab_20
04-28-2006, 09:49 AM
I suppose we could ask at the feed store.

countrycowgirl
04-28-2006, 11:29 PM
we use Ivamec for Adam our goat but I don't know about the poulty just go to your feed store and tell them what you have and what you want to do and they should be able to help you ...even if you don't have a vet for them you should be able to call any vet and they can give you some advice to lead you in the right direction :)

dab_20
04-29-2006, 10:22 AM
we use Ivamec for Adam our goat but I don't know about the poulty just go to your feed store and tell them what you have and what you want to do and they should be able to help you ...even if you don't have a vet for them you should be able to call any vet and they can give you some advice to lead you in the right direction :)

Ok, thank you!